Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari Soir a compliment magnet!

hey folks,

I'm a big fan of the entire bvlgari line. I wore soir out tonight and got so many positive respones from women that it's insane! Have you experienced the same responses from the opposite gender? Everyone was like, "Wow what is that?"

Default Re: Bvlgari Soir a compliment magnet!

I've got Soir and Extreme can't say that i've had compliments on Soir but i have on Extreme...

In my experience, Bvlgaris have not attracted much attention. They tend to be nice, but rather subdued.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Soir is indeed capable of that..

Soir gives me a headache unlike any other fragrance I've worn. It's nauseating even.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    hey folks,

I'm a big fan of the entire bvlgari line. I wore soir out tonight and got so many positive respones from women that it's insane! Have you experienced the same responses from the opposite gender? Everyone was like, "Wow what is that?"
    Yep, Soir is fantastic.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

The whole line is fantasic. Probably my favorite.

Soir is the best for sure, i mean, that papyrus note alone is worth the price.

I don't know about everyone else, but I see Soir as a better frag for cold weather. I guess that black tea note just gives it a bit of a dreary vibe to me.

I've actually gotten compliments over the years on PH, Extreme, and Soir. My nose gets use to the original pretty quickly yet people have commented on me many hours after i've sprayed it. BVLGARI PH leaves you scratching your head sometimes.....

Soir gave me a piercing headache as well during the mid notes. It's clean and classy but just poking my brains too much.

I love Bulgari PH though.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Th Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I've never once received a compliment on any Bvlgari. Maybe they don't work on me but for the most part they're subdued
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

i agree that Bvlgari is great. I have Bvlgari BLV Notte and i LOVE it

I got compliments on Extreme.

I only wore Soir a few times from spraying it on in the store. It smells nice, but I find it too weak (but not as weak as PH), so I never bought it.

Checker, you overrate Bulgari Soir by far, dude. Get real. It's your natural charisma coming through scoring you the notice. Like we always say, the fragrance doesn't get one the chicks, so it has to be your natural extreme cool.

Fun when one's scent gets attention like that though isn't it?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Checker, you overrate Bulgari Soir by far, dude. Get real. It's your natural charisma coming through scoring you the notice. Like we always say, the fragrance doesn't get one the chicks, so it has to be your natural extreme cool.

I disagree...Though Bvlgari Soir isn't a sillage monster, the fragrance is definitely enticing when smelt from close range. Though it may not provoke a woman to cross an entire room to speak with you, it is a HUGE turn-on to the ladies who come close enough to smell it. I've experienced good feedback for this one too!

How did checker get a join date of 1970? Was the internet even invented then? lol

To be honest, I have yet to receive a compliment from the ladies on ANY fragrance. (strangers I mean)
    I suspect (at least HOPE it nothing else!) it has to do with the fact that I struggle to find one that projects well for me and/or lasts a good long time.
    As much as I like this one, I can not say it ranks highly for me in either the projection OR longevity category, even by my lowered standards. I do agree with those who have suggested it makes for a great "up close" scent for a woman you already know, but as for attracting the compliments from afar? No such luck for me yet.

I've gotten plenty of compliments on Bulgari Soir and Extreme Pour Homme simply because they were not strong, the women were close to me and it doesn't smell like the other 1000 fragrances that people tend to douse themselves with.

Extreme PH has seriously become my go-to frag on days that I cannot make up my mind.

But I will say, Soir on my skin as opposed to my clothes is a TOTALLY different smell. On my skin, the pepper/black tea gets rather spicy. On my clothes, it's smoother, less adventurous. Regardless, I'm a fan of intimate scents.

PH always was a big compliment getter for me. If you like intimate scents, try Mark Birley. I just got a bottle and it is fantastic. Light, but very persistent, just like PH.

lol

+1
    I absolutely agree. I used to know a young woman who always find something to compliment me about on a pretty regular basis. Found out later she was attracted to me (even though I wasn't into fragrances then as I am now). This same woman also told me she enjoyed smelling the fragrances worn by another guy in our study group but never let him on what she thought of his fragrances as she finds him selfish & obnoxious. Don't let your personality get in the way of your fragrances, dudes!

In no way do I overhype Soir or any fragrance that grabs attention from the ladies. From my experience SOIR has amazing silllage for the first 2 hours and then becomes a close to the skin fragance but at the same time keeps a bold presence. It's not your typical run of the mill fragrance which people notice right way , and that's what makes it so unique. For the record I don't know why my profile says 1970, I'm 30 years old lol!

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    In no way do I overhype Soir or any fragrance that grabs attention from the ladies. From my experience SOIR has amazing silllage for the first 2 hours and then becomes a close to the skin fragance but at the same time keeps a bold presence. It's not your typical run of the mill fragrance which people notice right way , and that's what makes it so unique. For the record I don't know why my profile says 1970, I'm 30 years old lol!
    lmao but i'm tempted to getting this fragrance. Still unsure though. Need just a nice everyday scent that is also charming

still haven't got compliments with this
    i just Bought it last saturday
    i thought it was a summer scent
    and it can Be worn at summer, But i found it last longer at cold days
    its spring But in my city we had a few cold and rainy days lately
    thats how i realize that
    i only got three hours at a warm day
    and 5-5:30 at the cold days

scent it is good
    But longevity is deceptive
    sillage its good first 1:30 hour
    after that it gets close to the skin

Soir is nice...but I wish the top notes wouldn't fade away so quickly. The opening is amazing, but I'm not to sure how much I like the dry down.

Bvlgari tend to be very synthetic and cheap smelling to my nose. I've never smelt Soir before though.

Perfume Snob

From Bvlgari house, Black gave me the most female compliments.
    Never worn Soir, but from what I remember, it has that sweet, yet dry tonka note that I have noticed draws a lot of female attention (same as Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, and Guerlain Homme)
    "As perfume doth remain In the folds where it hath lain, So the thought of you, remaining Deeply folded in my brain, Will not leave me: all things leave me: You remain"
    - Arthur Symons

Not a fan of this at all.

I give myself a compliment or two when I wear Soir. It's pleasant.

bvlgari soir is supossed to Be a woody floral musk
    But i don't get flowers or woods from it
    i get tea,amBer and citrus

I find Soir to be somewhere halfway between PH and Blv, at least in the first hour or so. The top notes in this interval are amazing, but what then comes is not so pleasant to my nose.