Code of Conduct

Smile Xerjoff - Is it Really Worth It?

Okay, so sure, I read all about it, and got sucked in. Tried a bunch of Xerjoff samples from Luckyscent. Quality stuff, and I like some.

But I am truly smitten with Uden AND Nio (for goodness sake, couldn't it be just one of them). Now I remember way back when I bought my first Creed (a 1 oz. bottle), then it was a frag for over $100, then Amouage and Killian. But now this?!

Convince me to jump in or step away from the ledge!!!

Default Re: Xerjoff - Is it Really Worth It?

I love both of those. Those are actually the two that I'm currently thinking about buying. I think you should give Oesel a good wear as well. I think they're totally worth it. The silk bag is surprisingly plush if you opt for that presentation. I have Modoc and it is incredible. The reactions I get when I wear that are great - the quality really shines through on all of their stuff.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 14th August 2010 at 01:01 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Point Blank

My 2 cents = NO. Not that I can't afford it. It's just overly garish and decadent.

I own Uden and it's easily one of my favorite fragrances, fortunately I managed to get mine half off. The one thing I really wish that would probably convince me to buy more is if I could buy refills for them at a considerably cheaper price. Like the By Kilian line, I'm not ga-ga over anything in their line up but I love the fact they have the refills you can buy for so basically half price. I know you can buy refills for the 17/17 line but why not the shooting stars?? Pretty annoying to me.

So far for me, no, not worth it. But if you love one of them and can afford it without giving up eating for a month or some such, it's worth it.

Dhofar does tempt me a bit.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 14th August 2010 at 04:47 PM.

No. They start out good, some even very good. But they dry down to boring, generic crap.
    Take Tobacco Oroville. It starts out great and soon develops that wonderful "wet" tobacco accord. But its all downhill from there.
    It dries down to cheap smelling white musk. $345 for this garbage! They must be smoking crack!!

Stick with Amouage, Serge Lutens or by Kilian.
    When it comes to the quality of the ingredients, Xerkoff does not smell any better than the above lines. JMO.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

It is an excellent house, no question. Opinions differ about the drydowns, but one gets hours of unalloyed pleasure from many of them...

Funny, I also prefer Uden (all the way) and Nio (especially the "beginning" and the "middle").

I remain a faithful Creed fan, but I find many Xerjoff's more natural and pleasant than the Lutens"es" that I know.

Xerjoff is definitely not a scam - there is great value in these fragrances... how much... up to the individual decider.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I've never smelled any of their stuff...

I'm sorry, but the truth is, every time I see the name Xerjoff, it puts me in mind of the solitary vice. Maybe I'm just a pervert, but somehow that association puts me off wanting to confront answering a person asking me what perfumer makes the scent I'm wearing; I'd probably blush and mispronounce it as Jerxoff... and I'm really surprised that this hasn't occurred to other sick minds out there.

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Obviously I have a vested interest in Xerjoff so my opinion is kind of skewed but I can assure many of you here that Xerjoff is the real deal in regards to the development of their scents. Over the past year of getting involved with the company, I have come to learn all aspects of their business and Sergio Momo's philosophy and it is very hands on and of extremely high quality. Just like Creed, Amouage, Clive Christian and other scents, some people will love them and others hate them. Nothing is for everyone. But in terms of quality, I know for a fact, and can assure you guys as a longtime basenoter, that a lot of thought and design goes into each and every aspect of these scents. Down to hand made and hand painted bottles and extremely high quality and expensive ingredients these scents are made of.

I get that whole exclusive club thing but it would be nice to be able to get some samples

All you need to do is email Xerjoff and they will send out samples for you. Their customer service is very good and responsive. It may be a bit slow right now because it is august in Europe and that's usually the vacation time but email them. Nothing exclusive or club like about Xerjoff. Just email them. I hope this helps!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I've never smelled any of their stuff...

I'm sorry, but the truth is, every time I see the name Xerjoff, it puts me in mind of the solitary vice. Maybe I'm just a pervert, but somehow that association puts me off wanting to confront answering a person asking me what perfumer makes the scent I'm wearing; I'd probably blush and mispronounce it as Jerxoff... and I'm really surprised that this hasn't occurred to other sick minds out there.

LMAO. I guess I'm sick in the mind too then. But not too sick to avoid sampling them completely. I want to smell what the fuss is all about.

What's the proper way to pronounce "Xerjoff" anyway? The way I say it is 'zer-zhof' (with a sort-of-french 'zh' and accent at the end), but I could be totally wrong...

Sir - hoff ?

Ask yourself if you think Creed, Amouage, Clive Christian, etc are worth it... If you answer YES to those, then you also have your answer with Xerjoff - YES

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    All you need to do is email Xerjoff and they will send out samples for you. Their customer service is very good and responsive. It may be a bit slow right now because it is august in Europe and that's usually the vacation time but email them. Nothing exclusive or club like about Xerjoff. Just email them. I hope this helps!
    I did mail Xerjoff and I didn't get an answer. I sended the mail some weeks ago.

Is Xerjoff really worth it? I don't think any perfume is worth over 1600 euro.
    The most important question to me is if your bank account can cope with it.
    If it can: go sample and buy it.
    If it can not: don't care about it. People around you won't smell it's worth 1600 euro and if they would know the price they would think you have gone insane.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I did mail Xerjoff and I didn't get an answer. I sended the mail some weeks ago.

If it can not: don't care about it. People around you won't smell it's worth 1600 euro and if they would know the price they would think you have gone insane.
    JBL, that's only the XJ 17/17 line in the hand-blown glass bottles made in Venice. You can get the refill for less than $300, and the entire Shooting Stars line and Casamorati line for around $300, give or take. Yes, it's still expensive, but pretty much in line with Amouage, Clive, By Kilian, etc.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by fjord View Post
    What's the proper way to pronounce "Xerjoff" anyway? The way I say it is 'zer-zhof' (with a sort-of-french 'zh' and accent at the end), but I could be totally wrong...
    It's pronounced "Zerr-joff"

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post

Feel free to pm me your address and I will have them send out samples to you. Also, a noted, the 1600 euro ones are hand made and hand blown in Venice Italy. They are very limited and very artistic pieces and that's why they are priced that way. You can go to my facebook Xerjoff page and see the process in making these murano bottles. I have them and they are absolutly beautiful. Even though its not for everyone, it should be appreciated that there is some unity between physical art and perfume art. This is how perfumery was done a long time ago. New 100ml bottle of the 17/17 line will be coming out this fall for a lower price. Again people always concentrate on the very expensive pieces but in reality the line is very similar to the amouge and Clive christain prices.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 15th August 2010 at 02:18 AM.

If you like the fragrance, and you can afford it, its worth it.

If not, then its not.

Xerjoff has two fragrances which I think are worth it - Kobe and Nio. Unfortunately I can't afford such big budgets right now, so they are not.
    -