Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari BLV Notte

Am i crazy for liking this so much? its one of my favorites but i havent heard anyone talk about it here. Has anyone else tried it? thoughts?

Default Re: Bvlgari BLV Notte

It's been a while since I sprayed this scent.....I have the Blv Pour Homme also.....I will get these out of the closet come Fall for sure!!!
    Gary

Couldn't escape the baby wipes association I kept getting with it, so I sold my bottle...

to me its just very very fresh with a hint of dark chocolate

I had both the original BLV on my left arm and Notte on my right arm. The original is much brighter and the Notte is a little darker. I really don't get the baby wipes thing. I like em, but I like the original better.
    Last edited by b0n3z; 14th August 2010 at 04:35 AM.

I should try it again soon cause I tested it once only, but I remember I found it a bit "too much". The original BLV is in my top 3 and yet I have to apply it sparingly if I don't want it becomes overpowering, so I find this one too strong compared to the original, but the scent itself remains cool, though.

I really loved this the first 10 times I wore it. After a while it didn't give me the same satisfaction it use to. I never got the baby wipes association, but I found that the smell, though enticing, was a little chemical/synthetic. I never really got any positive feedback when I wore it either. However, the longevity and sillage were always top notch.

I prefer the original BLV to this, though this is still nice. The orignal is a ginger and floral blast to me that's always been a massive compliment getter with the chicks.

This is something to worship, I also share the love to BLV Notte. It's rich, dark, mysterious, powerful and yet suave and powdery. One of my favorites of all time.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Love the entire bvlgari line, except BLV and Notte. Too sweet and cloying IMO

This is a good one. I don't get the "baby wipes" association at all. I get a sort of ginger, dark chocolate and tobacco thing going on. Monster sillage, good longevity. Reminds me a bit of Versace The Dreamer. Good stuff.

i wore this again tonight at a get together with some friends and i receiving compliments again

I've got both Notte and the original. Notte is good, but I prefer the original.
    Renato

I just picked this one up cheaply as a blind buy at Ross's yesterday and am on my way to return it. Yuck! I'm sorry, but that's all I can say. Not only did I not like it, but it is actually offensive to my nose. It smells like some sort of feminine hygiene product. Seriously! Also, to me, it has that "old man" smell at the opening. (smells like Old Spice mixed with Shower to Shower powder and body odor). I didn't find it fresh at all, and certainly no hint of sweetness or chocolate at all to me. I like some powdery scents (like Le Male, which I love), but this is nothing remotely like that.

This strikes me as a very mature scent (50 plus), and I couldn't imagine ever wearing it. I'm learning that even at cheap prices, it's really best to avoid blind buying. Even after reading tons of reviews, scents are still just so subjective to me. Plus I'm picky and probably only like about 10% of what I sniff. Anyway, this one just struck me as really awful and outdated. on my way back to return it now.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Am i crazy for liking this so much?
    Of course not. Different scents affect people in different ways. Personally didn't care for this when I tried it but glad you found it appealing.

I love Blu (PH) and Blu Notte (PH). Finally got Blu Notte to go along with my original. I think I may prefer the original. The chocolate note in Notte is nice, but sometimes it distracts from the other notes-- so I think I'll give the edge to Blu.

I've always felt that Blu PH was a vastly underrated scent. It's a classy cool powdery scent. It's very Italian yet non-aggressive; One of the more original takes on "blue" in that it's non aquatic, but does have a blue feel to it. One of my favorite shirts is a bright blue corduroy shirt that I found at Goodwill years ago. I call this shirt "blue velvet" because it's so soft and makes me think of the film Blue Velvet for some reason. Everytime I wear this shirt, I ONLY wear Bulgari Blu PH or Creed Erolfa-- and it's a great combo.

I think Blu PH and Blu Notte PH are scents that only really work well if your wardrobe goes with the aesthetics of the scent. I smelled Blu PH once at the airport on a guy in a white t-shirt and jeans and didn't like it. A few hours later, I encountered a man in a grey suit, blue shirt who was also wearing Blu PH (I think this was back in 2003 when Blu was just released and somewhat popular) and it really, really worked for him.

The original is a great scent-memory association scent for me. The smell takes me back to bright Fall days when I was in Junior High and High School for some reason, even though BLV came out almost twenty years later. Something about sunny days in September and the smell of BLV Pour Homme just link together in my mind. I need to get another bottle, as it takes me back to a sweet, exciting time in my life. It smells like walking home from the bus stop with teenage love, sunny days, falling leaves and football season! Never played football, though...I was a mediocre baseball player instead.

woah. this was a long time ago. I have worn this fragranc ein a LONG time. times change lol. still remember it being a fine scent

I am very fond of this one, both the men and women's editions. Yes it is sweet. I love sweet. My last visit to Italy in 2007, it seemed like every Italian was wearing this. Somehow, though ubiquitous, it was never overpowering or tiring.
    Griff