Code of Conduct

Thread: Where to begin

Default Where to begin

Hey guys,
    I am 23 I have always been a T shirt shorts/jeans guy. I just want to know what is a cool casual dress style. This may be hard for you guys, but we will see what comes of it. I do not wear Abercrom and fitch stuff. I want stuff that looks cool/dressy at the same time. Thanks!

Default Re: Where to begin

bond is always stylin.

I posted this in the other thread but I love this pic of JFK

Google "Steve McQueen Style"

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Google "Steve McQueen Style"
    I like your style. My fav picture is him rocking the desert boots in khakis and a leather jacket.

My humble suggestion would also include to try some of the upscale, semi-casual yet sporty elegant fashion brands like Lacoste or Ralph Lauren

Good question, I was a t-shirt and jeans guy for a long time too. A polo or casual button down are a great way to change things up.
    themodernguy.com

Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

A smart casual style begins with great shoes.

Second, you stick to classic looks: simple but well made shirts, and a sports jacket.

But the shoes set the whole tone of the look. They are the most vital part of the program.

Look at www.leffot.com as a great place to at least look at great shoes. No square toes, unless you are a field goal kicker.

I agree with Master-Classter, those websites are very helpful, but they can be confusing as there is so much information that you can get lost in the mix. Remember: great shoes, and great simple basics to start. Then you build from there.