Code of Conduct

Default So i decided to get L'Instant and....

so my previous thread was trying to decide between l'instant and armani code, and i went with l'instant. blind buy (i just think its more fun that way)

so tonight(well its 6 am so i guess last night), i went to a fancy wedding. what a perfect opportunity to whip my new bad boy out. very classy occasion. every male in suit and tie and every girl in dress. so i wear L'Instant de guerlain to the wedding, and i promise you that the following has absolute zero overreaction:

i got literally, and yes i did count, literally 16 compliments at ONE wedding on how great i smell. Im the type that mingles alot and tried to talk to everyone, and i received literally 16 compliments on how great i smelled. 3 of them were from guys saying "yo not to be weird, but what cologne are you wearing its great" . the other 13 were girls whos reactions ranged from "hey u smell nice" to "OMG YOU SMEELLL SOOOO GOOD"

It is would be a huge understatemant to say that i am absolutely thrilled with my purchase and anyone who does not have this fragrance please PLEASEEE go out and buy it. i assure you 100% that its worth it and it WILL get u compliments.

Default Re: So i decided to get L'Instant and....

Isn't fragrance the greatest hobby on planet earth??? Ha????

There's a winter version available to check out.
    It's called Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme Eau Extreme and it is an Eau de Parfum.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

One of my absolute favourites, it's just the right level of gourmand I think.

Well done jonny! I wonder which ones next you are going to choose from? hahaha

Congratulations! Keep it up!

Sur la Plage

You chose wisely........
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think it is a perfect choice for a fancy wedding!

L'Instant is a great one and this bears that out. Not surprised at all. Good choice.

Basenotes Plus

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Yes. I get quite a nice aura from L'Instant de Guerlain pH. But your ability to mingle around alot & talk to everybody counts more than you think in garnering these compliments... Work your charm while wearing other fragrances and you'll see what I mean.

thanks guys!

i think it was the absolute perfect fragrance for the occasion. like someone said, its just the right level of gourmand that kinds grabs people in with its warm sweetness, but its also very mature at the same time. not the mature in the sense that its fit for an older gentlemen, but in the sense of being sophisticated and mature regardless of age. idk its really hard to explain. but it is absolutely EXACTLY what i was looking for.

Funny, I just tried this today and was impressed as well. It kept reminding me of Hypnotic Poison, only drier and a bit more woody. I kept getting random whiffs of a nice smell and wondering what it was, until I sniffed my wrist and remembered. It is sophisticated and mature without being "old", just an good scent.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    so my previous thread was trying to decide between l'instant and armani code, and i went with l'instant....
    Whew !! That was close

You made the faaaaaar better choice, jonny. Try the EDP ( Extreme) version out as well.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

all in all, im so ecstatic with this fragrance. this is definetly my official fragrance i wear to very very important things.

Congrats . It is great choice for special events but I dont consider it to be better allrounder than Code. So if your goal was to get fragrance for special moments... more power to you . You made good decision.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Congrats . It is great choice for special events but I dont consider it to be better allrounder than Code. So if your goal was to get fragrance for special moments... more power to you . You made good decision.
    thank you bud. yes i was looking for a fragrance that was intended to be more classy, sophisticated, and made for special events such as a romantic date, wedding, ect.

I'm glad you like it. L'instant really is a special fragrance, almost in a class of its own. Anyone who hasn't tried it needs to. It blew me away when I first tried it, and I really love this one.

Great choice.

I remember the day it was released in September 2004. I swooned at the duty free and bought it instantly. The EdP was like the second coming. I love the EdP more. BMen by TM came out the same month. I bought them together. Man, that was a day.

i might get L instant too but my friend said it smells like Cartier Roadster which i already own.. is it true?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by zerkses18 View Post
    i might get L instant too but my friend said it smells like Cartier Roadster which i already own.. is it true?
    No, they represent completely different genres - and L'Instant is by far the better of the two.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 15th August 2010 at 06:55 PM.