Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default I love Craig Ferguson cuz he's brilliant — hear him talk with Paris Hilton about perfume

I watch Craig online almost every day. Adore him. Not fond of Paris Hilton (who IS?), so I avoided the recent show where she was his guest, but relented today. So glad I did, because it only expands on my preexisting opinions of each of these people.

If you can't stand PH, skip ahead to minute 5:55 …

Default Re: I love Craig Ferguson cuz he's brilliant — hear him talk with Paris Hilton about perfume

I love Craig. PH, what an airhead (big surprise), he had to work at making her look like she had anything to say. How old is she now anyway?

Blog Entries

Default Re: I love Craig Ferguson cuz he's brilliant — hear him talk with Paris Hilton about perfume

Tease? She will make you smell just like Marilyn Monroe! Except MM was wearing Chanel no 5 (supposedly). I'm sooo confused! Oh well, good ole Paris. She can do no wrong. She is like Teflon. This is her 11th scent! EEK!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Perfume, the book, is not her thing. 'It sounds lame' (well hell yes Paris! The damn thing is full of words)
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Too funny... and yet we've underestimated her -- as know we now know she MAKE THE SCENTS HERSELF! Just mixes them up!

(I hadn't seen Craig Ferguson before, he's a cutie!)

I like him best for his rambling monologues. His interviews are sometimes awkward, although there can be humor in that, too -- works to his advantage, even, if the interviewee is Paris Hilton or someone equally vapid.

His best moment was his tribute to his father:

(And yes, he is a cutie...)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I've never heard his accent so thick and true (or "truh") as in this reflection on Glasgow.

He is uniquely charming, disarming and funny. His interviews are quite fun and his monologues are often deep laugh inducing. I record it regularly.

I hadn't seen his tribute to his dad. Very nice. Interesting too see how much stronger accents was then.

Basenotes Plus

A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

“Cuz I'm a blond. Yeah, yeah, yeah … and I'm an heiress, too!”

In the last segment of this same episode of The Late, Late Show, author Alex Dryden is Craig's guest (that's right — a person who not only has read a book, but who's actually written one). Referring to Paris Hilton's city/hotel name, each of the gentlemen jokes about changing his name to something like Reykjavik Best Western, Glasgow Four Seasons, or (my fave) Madrid Hyatt. Their conversation couldn't be more refreshing as compared to the prior idiocy.

Loved the tribute to his dad. So true about the accent, Quarry! I guess he was feeling very close to home when he did that. A friend's father from Glasgow has such a thick accent that I can't even understand him at all. He has to slow down and speak carefully for me. At least you can understand what Craig is saying in the clip. He did a touching monologue on Britney Spears when she was going through her troubles. He seems like a compassonate person. Back to Paris, I had no idea she had eleven fragrances out now. All mixed by herself too!

Basenotes Plus

Craig Ferguson is hilarious, definitely my favorite of all the late night shows. I actually caught his interview with Paris Hilton, I think he did a great job, I can't imagine it would be easy to hold a conversation with someone as insipid as she is. Also caught the show on Discovery when he was on Shark Week. You couldn't get me to dive with sharks for all the money in the world. The man is crazy, lol.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Hey, hi there, neighbor to the west, Kiliwia!
    Yes, he maintained an interview and stirred up laughs without directly making fun of her true uselessness.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

"Well, uh . . . We're done." [Now, Miss Hilton, you may leave the building.]