Code of Conduct

Question If you could spend a day in Paris...

We Europeans are lucky. I can get to Paris and back by train in a few hours and I'm thinking, I've not been there since discovering the joy of perfume. If you could spend a day in Paris, where would you perfumistas go? And what exclusive-to-Paris shops would you visit? Consider Serge Lutens' holy palace of scents added to the itinerary.

Default Re: If you could spend a day in Paris...

Besides Serge Lutens:
    Chanel at 31 Rue Cambon for Cuir de Russie/Bois des Îles/Chanel No 22/Gardenia extrait
    Guerlain
    Caron

And the major dept stores after that.

All I could. I'd likely kiss the ground at the Creed boutique (I think is there) after getting into a double-kneeling position and raising both hands in the "I'm not worthy" worshiping-bowing gesture.

I am so looking forward to planning my trip! Does Chanel do small sizes of the exclusives? I'd love a Coromandel sample.

I will be in London and Paris (4 days each) in a week from now. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this.

In London: Harrods, Liberty, SMN, Geo F., Ormond, Fortnums, Les Senteurs, Selfridges, Boots, among others.
    In Paris: Lutens, Fragonard, Caron, Chanel, Guerlain, Etro, and yes even Sephora. Montale for sure as well.

I have a long list of things to sample, but am determined to just bring back frags. I cannot otherwise purchase elsewhere.

My son speaks French well so I'm hoping that will help in Paris.
    Sheglows.

So many, many places I'd love to visit, but most of all - JAR!

Ooh, ooh I'd start out at Place Vendôme, for Montale primarily but it looks to be prime designer perfume hunting ground too. There's Guerlain, Boucheron, Bulgari and Chanel. Maitre Parfumeur & Gantier and the Fragonard Perfume Museum are just around the corner and a Commes Des Garcons nearby. I'd also see if Hotel Costes had their perfumes available. There's probably a full daysworth for me there!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

You needn't bother with Boots for fragrances - they'd be number one on my list for everything else though! The latest London opening is L'Artisan at Covent Garden. There is a Miller Harris at Covent Garden too, on Monmouth Street.
    What is Geo F and SMN?

OK, I've looked them up now. I live close to Chelsea but hadn't noticed SMN. I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip!

Also Parfums de Nicolai, 101a Fulham Road, SW3 6RH. Nearest tube South Kensington.

Thumbs up Re: If you could spend a day in Paris...

Thanks Limony! I'll check those ones out as well - I like PDN too.