Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pheremone smell?

Hey guys:

I recently recieved jovan musk 2...its an old aftershave that is apparently "pheremone based"..i dont believe all the hype, but i am a musk freak...whats strange is that this musk smells EXACTLY like dial for men pheremone body wash(the red one)....exactly like it..is there some molecule that makes these products smell similar?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Default Re: Pheremone smell?

Synthetic androstenedione would be an educated guess as a common denominator, however the similarity in their scent profile is likely the cause and not one molecule. In other words, it's coincidence; you're likely smelling the various notes arranged in a similar fashion/pyramid and not one particular thing.

Lot's of scents smell nearly identical.

Note that if the androstenedione is not synthetic and is actually human, it comes from a human body; likely a dead one.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting....i hope its not coming from the morgue! haha, thanks for the info...i thought that andro was spposed to be really strong though?

i tell you what though, i cannot get over how much the red dial(which i have really come to appreciate) smells like an aftershave 20 years its senior!
    Current Top 5:

Coincidentally, I'm now wearing something that has andro in it, and I can't detect anything off-putting or animalic although I don't know the percentage of the pheromone. I've never told my significant other since it would ruin the blindness of the pseudo-scientific test. So far, this cheap stuff gets consistent "You smell good" comments and cuddling from her. Today, she joked that I was going somewhere to secretly see another woman. Could the andro have been a factor in making her feel competitive?

The fragrance (lure for Him, by Topco) smells like a light, synthetic (but nice) vanilla with a chocolate vibe, which becomes more noticeable on the dry down. It blends well with other fragrances that are light and have citrus notes and/or vanilla basenotes. I purchased it for about $25 U.S. dollars for fun, non-serious experimentation. It's part of my casual, running-errands-&-dining with my lady choices or when I don't feel like putting something more costly on...or as a change from the norm, etc. The longevity is surprisingly long, especially if a small amount is applied to clothing. Sillage is moderate-to-thick (it has left a trail, very noticeable by others). Projection is about 4-6 inches after an initial light application while 3 hours have transpired.

I've considered purchasing pure andro, but, knowing myself, I would go crazy internally debating which one to get. Fragrance plays a much smaller role in the whole puzzle, than we realize. My philosophy, in a nutshell, is: the fragrance that, first, doesn't offend most, and second, is preferred the most by self & significant others, is the one to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual View Post
    Coincidentally, I'm now wearing something that has andro in it, and I can't detect anything off-putting or animalic although I don't know the percentage of the pheromone. I've never told my significant other since it would ruin the blindness of the pseudo-scientific test. So far, this cheap stuff gets consistent "You smell good" comments and cuddling from her. Today, she joked that I was going somewhere to secretly see another woman. Could the andro have been a factor in making her feel competitive?

The fragrance (lure for Him, by Topco) smells like a light, synthetic (but nice) vanilla with a chocolate vibe, which becomes more noticeable on the dry down. It blends well with other fragrances that are light and have citrus notes and/or vanilla basenotes. I purchased it for about $25 U.S. dollars for fun, non-serious experimentation. It's part of my casual, running-errands-&-dining with my lady choices or when I don't feel like putting something more costly on...or as a change from the norm, etc. The longevity is surprisingly long, especially if a small amount is applied to clothing. Sillage is moderate-to-thick (it has left a trail, very noticeable by others). Projection is about 4-6 inches after an initial light application while 3 hours have transpired.

I've considered purchasing pure andro, but, knowing myself, I would go crazy internally debating which one to get. Fragrance plays a much smaller role in the whole puzzle, than we realize. My philosophy, in a nutshell, is: the fragrance that, first, doesn't offend most, and second, is preferred the most by self & significant others, is the one to wear.
    A very interesting post.
    If you have a lot of knowledge about pheromones, I think you should open some kind of an "official pheromone topic", IMHO.
    I can't find much about it.
    What intrigues me is that your 'significant other' was feeling competitive when you wear it.

Post Thanks / Like

nice posts guys! thanks for the interest...very intriguing indeed!
    Current Top 5: