Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed Green Irish Tweed Logevity - Horrible!

I had a bottle and longevity was really poor on my skin. Nobody was able to detect it after ca. 2 hours.

GIT has no - within reason, I repeat, no - longevity issues. Different batches can differ, and therefore the necessary number of sprays can differ (I would say 2 to 4, never more than 5, the precise number based on the specific bottle, weather, outdoors/indoors, situation, and personal chemistry/preference), but when "you can't smell it anymore" after two hours it is most likely that everybody else does.

My latest bottle from the Creed Boutique is on the lighter side, but also its quality is superb, and my trusted other half told me once, meeting me three hours after application, that I've "overapplied".

Green Irish Tweed is a superb fragrance in every single respect, except for behaving like an olfactory tornado siren.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I have absolutely no longevity issues with GIT.
    this.

Hey guys - OP here. I got the bottle from fragrancenet.com FWIW. Perhaps I got a bad batch... because my Aventus I got directly from the Creed Boutique last a good 5-6 hours.

Having said that, I'm not going to play the "return and re-buy and hope you get a good bottle" game. From my research, there's too many here to complain about bad longevity issues with just about all Creed fragrances. I'm going to take my Aventus longevity as a blessing and run with it.

I easily get 8+ hours from GIT.....Gary

Try just one spray to teh chest and see how long you can detect it. I bet you'll notice it for far longer than two hours. You may think this sounds absurd but I can almost guarantee it will work. Besides, what do you have to lose?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

What's amazing to me is you like the longevity of your AVENTUS and it seems to outlast GIT on you. I find that a real puzzler.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    What's amazing to me is you like the longevity of your AVENTUS and it seems to outlast GIT on you. I find that a real puzzler.
    Well, same with me...I opened the Aventus sampler last night just to smell it, didn't put any on because I was trying something else, and I swear I smelled it all night! Woke up this morning still smelling it and it stunk up the house all day today! Or maybe it's all in my nose...I may have gotten a bit on my nose when I smelled it last night!

But I'm trying what SculptureofSoul suggested and spraying GIT on my chest instead of neck to see if that does the trick...just tried that after a thorough shower but I can still smell the Aventus overpowering the GIT!?!

Spraying on the neck (or any exposed skin) or spraying so much that your nose is constantly bombarded with the scent will cause you to lose track of the scent rather quickly due to olfactory fatigue. I find that almost all scents last 6+ hours (often 8-10+) when applying just one or two sprays to the mid chest (at about sternum level).

Hope that works for you!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

it depends on the GIT that you got.

I have an '01 that has crazy long longevity.

I have an '09 that smells 2X better but has less longevity.

I'll take the second choice any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I am wearing it right now as I type.
    7.5 hours ago I sprayed it on my (very dry) skin and still its in the dry down phase.
    Top notes are gone after less than one hour but the dry down lasts good 8 hours on me.
    My signature scents:
    Current: GREEN IRISH TWEED (since June 2010)
    Past: BOIS DU PORTUGAL (Oct. 09 - May 10)
    Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE (good 15 years !!!)
    Past Past Past: LANVIN L'HOMME (2 years)
    Past Past Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE again (3 years or so)

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Cosign.

GIT is rather deceiving... it could give you the impression that last little but it does not and I find that when I think its long gone people will still smell it on me big time.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Longevity for me with this scent is great.

Kerosene

In my trials of GIT, I get around 4 hours tops on skin.

I now spray the tops of my arms where the hair is and I get double the longevity for every fragrance. Heck, even my cheapie Lucky Number 6 lasts 8 hours in that spot. Gotta love hair.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Spraying on the neck (or any exposed skin) or spraying so much that your nose is constantly bombarded with the scent will cause you to lose track of the scent rather quickly due to olfactory fatigue. I find that almost all scents last 6+ hours (often 8-10+) when applying just one or two sprays to the mid chest (at about sternum level).

Hope that works for you!
    I've found this to be true as well. Maybe this is one of the reasons I've never experienced/perceived any major longevity issues from any fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I now spray the tops of my arms where the hair is and I get double the longevity for every fragrance. Heck, even my cheapie Lucky Number 6 lasts 8 hours in that spot. Gotta love hair.
    I've also found this to be true. I was doing this for a while too, but stopped when I realized I was projecting too much for the office. I don't want to be "the cologne guy" in the office.

Either way I do second both recommendations to anyone that is having longevity issues (real or perceived) from their fragrances.

OP HERE:

Guys – I’m no noob to fragrance application. This stuff is just plain gone after 2 hours. I asked my wife to smell it and she said she could, but extremely faintly. Application was to chest, let dry, then put clothes on – the same way I do all my fragrances.

On the other hand, within the Creed family, my Aventus last and last. Other fragrances that last all day, and I constantly get wafts from it is Prada Infusion, Terre d’Hermes, and many others. But GIT is a thumbs down. Gone after 2 hours to a light/faint skin scent. Sorry, but my hard earned cash won’t go to an extremely expensive ‘skin scent’.

Guess I got a bad batch… cuz my Aventus last forever on me…. Oh well. GIT was pretty generic smelling anyhow, so I’m not too upset. I’ll replace it with something else.

Kerosene

Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    OP HERE:

Guys – I’m no noob to fragrance application. This stuff is just plain gone after 2 hours. I asked my wife to smell it and she said she could, but extremely faintly. Application was to chest, let dry, then put clothes on – the same way I do all my fragrances.

On the other hand, within the Creed family, my Aventus last and last. Other fragrances that last all day, and I constantly get wafts from it is Prada Infusion, Terre d’Hermes, and many others. But GIT is a thumbs down. Gone after 2 hours to a light/faint skin scent. Sorry, but my hard earned cash won’t go to an extremely expensive ‘skin scent’.

Guess I got a bad batch… cuz my Aventus last forever on me…. Oh well. GIT was pretty generic smelling anyhow, so I’m not too upset. I’ll replace it with something else.
    Return it and get the Chez Bond. It smells better anyway.

Blog Entries

OP HERE:

Sorry. I personally didn't mean to imply you were a noob or misapplying. It is likely you got a bad/old bottle. Like you said, replace it with something else. GIT, as popular as it is, isn't for everyone. It wasn't full bottle worthy for me either.

It-s very sad that it has a lackluster longevity on your skin. We all have different skin chemistry and the scents adapts to it...on me it also happens the same and i don-t get much after 2 hours of use.
    I would recommend using on the skin a wax base (pomade like), preferably unscented on the spraying site, then apply as much as you need to, the scent will last much longer that way.
    I don-t think it is necessary to get rid of a scent only because it has poor longevity on your skin.

Personally, i like to layer this one with a Bergamot scented wax sometimes, and sometimes with an unscented wax.

Aventus I got directly from the Creed Boutique last a good 5-6 hours

my Aventus last forever on me
    5-6 hours = forever? Really?