Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Himalaya - Horble!

Last edited by md1grwl; 24th August 2010 at 01:04 AM.

Default Re: Creed Green Irish Tweed Logevity - Horrible!

Yeah it really does suck. Two hours is about what I get before it becomes a skin scent, even with 6 or so sprays, and I would never, ever spray that much with any of my other fragrances. I love it though, so it'll stay in my wardrobe.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Green Irish Tweed? I easily get 8+ hours with it at any wearing. I have always thought it to be one of the longer-lasting Creeds, along with Royal Delight, Bois de Portugal and Original Santal. I understand some batches have various issues but, IMO, lack of longevity is not the conventional wisdom here re GIT.

Sorry about your disappointment. Could you return it and purchase from another source?
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I got some samples of GIT off ebay. I wore it to work, and later that evening, my wife asked me what I was wearing, so I guess it still had some zing after many hours on my skin.

Blog Entries

Man, it has to be your skin. I have a buddy who uses ONE SPRAY - and it lasts all day long under strenuous outdoor exercise, with sillage and projection that I can smell 10 feet away after 4 hours.

Another possibility is olfactory fatigue. But I'm just going to assume it's skin.

Consider spraying on clothes as a workaround. Many Creeds last WAY longer on clothes. Roudnitska (the elder) believed that skin was too unreliable as a base for perfume, and I tend to agree. You can put some or all of your sprays on cloth and get excellent longevity. Try it! It really works. After using this trick, I've never had longevity problems.

I noticed the same thing; bought a 1 oz. bottle directly from Creed website...have been wearing it every day for 2 weeks; love the scent, but it doesn't last long on me.

from my time on basenotes, the consensus best cologne seems to be green irish tweed. ive never tested it. ive read it smells like cool water. if thats the case, then i dont like it at all.

is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    from my time on basenotes, the consensus best cologne seems to be green irish tweed. ive never tested it. ive read it smells like cool water. if thats the case, then i dont like it at all.

is it true?
    They are very similar. The basic notes are so close that if you simply do not like CW, you probably will not like GIT.

On topic, GIT lasts quite well on me, but as I've noticed with most Creeds, they require more liberal application than many others. Don't be afraid to give it a spray or two more than you would normally use. I find that GIT, and esp. Silver Mountain Water will last forever on my clothes.

I'm in hour 10 of wearing GIT today. Even with a spray of Marc Jacobs BANG on my forearm, I still can smell GIT.

Basenotes Plus

No problem with longevity here. I get a healthy 10 hours (at least).

I have a very fast metabolism and I'm wondering if that's why it doesn't last long on my skin. Those of you who have great longevity with GIT do you perhaps have a slow metabolism? just wondering if that's a factor...

It's possible you got a fake, or a bad batch.

Default Creed Green Irish Tweed Logevity - Horrible!

At 2 hours in your probably just smelling the base notes. The top nota are gone in 20 minutes then the mid notes kick in for about almost 2 hours on. The rest is the heavenly creed millesime base.

I recently bought a bottle directly from Creed and the longevity was terrible, similar to what's being described here. I sent it back on the grounds that my previous bottle lasted a lot longer and the bottle they sent back as a replacement was indeed much longer lasting. I'm able to still detect it on my wrists the next day now and the top notes are a lot more vibrant too. You probably had a bottle from a bad batch.

My first wear from the vial was great--good sillage plus longevity.

On my first wear from the new bottle, I got about 2 hours like you but my brother and sister tried it and said they smelled it all day. On my second try, I got more than 10 hours and realized that it's a skin scent.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Sur la Plage

I have absolutely no longevity issues with GIT.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lasts very well here.
    Where'd you buy it?

I had it on the other day whilst shopping, I couldn.t smell it on myself but my Girlfriend said when she walked behind me it was strong, Also wore it to a concert last month and it was all I could smell for hours but when I put it on before I went to the Airport at Christmas by the time I boarded my flight it was gone! So its a bit volatile on me!

Point Blank

One of longer lasting Creeds for me. Lasts throughout the whole day.

One of the best longevity cologne from the House of Creed. GIT lasts on me throughout the day until I get shower; that was just 3 sprays in the necks and chest. Projection and sillage are very good: not too strong not too wimp. It could have been oldfactory fatique if you can't get any whiff of it, for I regularly smell its presence on me all day long.

Out of a couple hundred bottles, this is the only one I'm self conscience about when spraying because it's an absolute powerhouse on me.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jnailen View Post
    I have a very fast metabolism and I'm wondering if that's why it doesn't last long on my skin. Those of you who have great longevity with GIT do you perhaps have a slow metabolism? just wondering if that's a factor...
    If youre like me then yeah, this probably is an issue with fragrances in general for you. A fast metabolism means lots of body heat being produced (im a walking furnace) and heat causes fragrances to burn up fast depending on ingredients

I get 8+ hours as well. The problem with GIT is that it has such an appealing opening to most, and is a pretty linear fragrance so people get fixated on those notes which leads to olfactory fatigue. Best thing to do is to always ask somebody if they can smell it on you, if you can't smell it yourself. For me though, I don't get nearly as much pleasure if only others can smell it and I can't, but fortunately I've pretty much trained my nose to not get fatigued from any of the notes or accords. Although it does project much better in the first couple hours before it sits close to the skin. GIT is exceptional in my book, just not worth such a high price tag. It's one of the freshest green fragrances I've ever smelled before. Good luck returning it though, if you can't, you can always swap it here in the marketplace.

I have fairly scent sucking skin, and I get about 6-7 hours wherein I can really smell it.

The most interesting sub-thread in this thread is to make note of how many people made note that THEY couldn't smell it, but others clearly could. I think this happens with a lot of scents. I know it does to me.

Like others, I have no longevity or silage issues with GIT. Too bad it didn't work for you because it really is a compliment getter.

I used to think longevity was poor.
    On me the potent part of the scent only lasts for three or four hours, but the later subdued part out lasts out for a working day.
    I guess it's made to be that way. I always spray at least 6 sprays.
    Renato

I have no problems with it. Three sprays is all I need, one on the chest and one spray on the lower ear area and I'm good to go. I had a couple of people tell me I smell good even when I don't smell it.

Yes, the olfactory fatigue thing is showing up here big time. OP should wear again and ask others.

Blog Entries

I don't have longevity issues with GIT either. However, the part I enjoy about GIT is the top and heart. Those are gone after a couple of hours, and as has been mentioned, I'm left with just Creed's Millesime Amber-heavy base. I like it, but think it's just way over the top (even headache inducing). Which is why I went with Erolfa as "my" Creed instead. I just like the way the base was executed in it better.

A surprising number of people - even vets - aren't aware of olfactory fatigue and never get the opinions of others.

I had a bottle and longevity was really poor on my skin. Nobody was able to detect it after ca. 2 hours.

GIT has no - within reason, I repeat, no - longevity issues. Different batches can differ, and therefore the necessary number of sprays can differ (I would say 2 to 4, never more than 5, the precise number based on the specific bottle, weather, outdoors/indoors, situation, and personal chemistry/preference), but when "you can't smell it anymore" after two hours it is most likely that everybody else does.

My latest bottle from the Creed Boutique is on the lighter side, but also its quality is superb, and my trusted other half told me once, meeting me three hours after application, that I've "overapplied".

Green Irish Tweed is a superb fragrance in every single respect, except for behaving like an olfactory tornado siren.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I have absolutely no longevity issues with GIT.
    this.

Hey guys - OP here. I got the bottle from fragrancenet.com FWIW. Perhaps I got a bad batch... because my Aventus I got directly from the Creed Boutique last a good 5-6 hours.

Having said that, I'm not going to play the "return and re-buy and hope you get a good bottle" game. From my research, there's too many here to complain about bad longevity issues with just about all Creed fragrances. I'm going to take my Aventus longevity as a blessing and run with it.

I easily get 8+ hours from GIT.....Gary

Try just one spray to teh chest and see how long you can detect it. I bet you'll notice it for far longer than two hours. You may think this sounds absurd but I can almost guarantee it will work. Besides, what do you have to lose?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

What's amazing to me is you like the longevity of your AVENTUS and it seems to outlast GIT on you. I find that a real puzzler.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    What's amazing to me is you like the longevity of your AVENTUS and it seems to outlast GIT on you. I find that a real puzzler.
    Well, same with me...I opened the Aventus sampler last night just to smell it, didn't put any on because I was trying something else, and I swear I smelled it all night! Woke up this morning still smelling it and it stunk up the house all day today! Or maybe it's all in my nose...I may have gotten a bit on my nose when I smelled it last night!

But I'm trying what SculptureofSoul suggested and spraying GIT on my chest instead of neck to see if that does the trick...just tried that after a thorough shower but I can still smell the Aventus overpowering the GIT!?!

Spraying on the neck (or any exposed skin) or spraying so much that your nose is constantly bombarded with the scent will cause you to lose track of the scent rather quickly due to olfactory fatigue. I find that almost all scents last 6+ hours (often 8-10+) when applying just one or two sprays to the mid chest (at about sternum level).

Hope that works for you!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

it depends on the GIT that you got.

I have an '01 that has crazy long longevity.

I have an '09 that smells 2X better but has less longevity.

I'll take the second choice any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I am wearing it right now as I type.
    7.5 hours ago I sprayed it on my (very dry) skin and still its in the dry down phase.
    Top notes are gone after less than one hour but the dry down lasts good 8 hours on me.
    My signature scents:
    Current: GREEN IRISH TWEED (since June 2010)
    Past: BOIS DU PORTUGAL (Oct. 09 - May 10)
    Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE (good 15 years !!!)
    Past Past Past: LANVIN L'HOMME (2 years)
    Past Past Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE again (3 years or so)

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Cosign.

GIT is rather deceiving... it could give you the impression that last little but it does not and I find that when I think its long gone people will still smell it on me big time.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Longevity for me with this scent is great.

In my trials of GIT, I get around 4 hours tops on skin.

I now spray the tops of my arms where the hair is and I get double the longevity for every fragrance. Heck, even my cheapie Lucky Number 6 lasts 8 hours in that spot. Gotta love hair.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Spraying on the neck (or any exposed skin) or spraying so much that your nose is constantly bombarded with the scent will cause you to lose track of the scent rather quickly due to olfactory fatigue. I find that almost all scents last 6+ hours (often 8-10+) when applying just one or two sprays to the mid chest (at about sternum level).

Hope that works for you!
    I've found this to be true as well. Maybe this is one of the reasons I've never experienced/perceived any major longevity issues from any fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I now spray the tops of my arms where the hair is and I get double the longevity for every fragrance. Heck, even my cheapie Lucky Number 6 lasts 8 hours in that spot. Gotta love hair.
    I've also found this to be true. I was doing this for a while too, but stopped when I realized I was projecting too much for the office. I don't want to be "the cologne guy" in the office.

Either way I do second both recommendations to anyone that is having longevity issues (real or perceived) from their fragrances.

OP HERE:

Guys – I’m no noob to fragrance application. This stuff is just plain gone after 2 hours. I asked my wife to smell it and she said she could, but extremely faintly. Application was to chest, let dry, then put clothes on – the same way I do all my fragrances.

On the other hand, within the Creed family, my Aventus last and last. Other fragrances that last all day, and I constantly get wafts from it is Prada Infusion, Terre d’Hermes, and many others. But GIT is a thumbs down. Gone after 2 hours to a light/faint skin scent. Sorry, but my hard earned cash won’t go to an extremely expensive ‘skin scent’.

Guess I got a bad batch… cuz my Aventus last forever on me…. Oh well. GIT was pretty generic smelling anyhow, so I’m not too upset. I’ll replace it with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    OP HERE:

Guys – I’m no noob to fragrance application. This stuff is just plain gone after 2 hours. I asked my wife to smell it and she said she could, but extremely faintly. Application was to chest, let dry, then put clothes on – the same way I do all my fragrances.

On the other hand, within the Creed family, my Aventus last and last. Other fragrances that last all day, and I constantly get wafts from it is Prada Infusion, Terre d’Hermes, and many others. But GIT is a thumbs down. Gone after 2 hours to a light/faint skin scent. Sorry, but my hard earned cash won’t go to an extremely expensive ‘skin scent’.

Guess I got a bad batch… cuz my Aventus last forever on me…. Oh well. GIT was pretty generic smelling anyhow, so I’m not too upset. I’ll replace it with something else.
    Return it and get the Chez Bond. It smells better anyway.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Blog Entries

OP HERE:

Sorry. I personally didn't mean to imply you were a noob or misapplying. It is likely you got a bad/old bottle. Like you said, replace it with something else. GIT, as popular as it is, isn't for everyone. It wasn't full bottle worthy for me either.

It-s very sad that it has a lackluster longevity on your skin. We all have different skin chemistry and the scents adapts to it...on me it also happens the same and i don-t get much after 2 hours of use.
    I would recommend using on the skin a wax base (pomade like), preferably unscented on the spraying site, then apply as much as you need to, the scent will last much longer that way.
    I don-t think it is necessary to get rid of a scent only because it has poor longevity on your skin.

Personally, i like to layer this one with a Bergamot scented wax sometimes, and sometimes with an unscented wax.

Aventus I got directly from the Creed Boutique last a good 5-6 hours

my Aventus last forever on me
    5-6 hours = forever? Really?