Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Any one tried Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    BTW our Prada boutique also stated that Prada is out of the perfume game.
    I assume that this refers to their exclusives, Prada No 1-10...?

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Yeah, I certainly hope so. I can't imagine they'd stop producing ALL of their fragrances.

Where to find the EDP Midnight in Paris as Ive only seen the EDT in the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Where to find the EDP Midnight in Paris as Ive only seen the EDT in the UK ?
    I think Harrods has got it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    They told me they are no longer selling fragrances at all. Maybe the boutiques are just no longer carrying fragrances. I always take what I hear from SAs with a grain of salt, but it is interesting that two of us heard it from two different boutiques.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    They told me they are no longer selling fragrances at all. Maybe the boutiques are just no longer carrying fragrances. I always take what I hear from SAs with a grain of salt, but it is interesting that two of us heard it from two different boutiques.
    I really can't imagine that this is actually the case. Prada fragrances are still heavily stocked and advertised over here in Ireland/UK. It sems unthinkable that they'd pull out of the fragrance market completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I really can't imagine that this is actually the case. Prada fragrances are still heavily stocked and advertised over here in Ireland/UK. It sems unthinkable that they'd pull out of the fragrance market completely.
    I can imagine what happened is that the SAs were told that the boutiques were no longer carrying fragrances, and they misinterpreted is meaning Prada was no longer selling fragrances and thus spread false information.

I tried this today for the first time, love the bottle, but the fragrance didn't move me at all, just didn't float my boat.

I felt it smelled rather commonplace and didn't last very long, admittedly they didn't have the EdP, but there you go.

I did discover that Oriens by VC&A smelled divine on my girlfriend though so that's one down and one up for VC&A.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I have a sample of this that i've been smelling all day and i really like it. The sampel is of the edt. What's the final word on the EDT Vs EDP? Outside of the edp lasting longer, is the edt project more? Such a small price difference to upgrade to the edp, but i want to make sure its something that someone close to me can smell..

Guys, I just purchased some samples from THe Perfumed Court and Midnight in Paris EDT was included. I don't know how similar the EDT and EDP are but the top notes of MiP are killing me. They remind of something I smelled before but I can't think of what it is, But I'm loving it. All the samples I bought were niche and it's crazy how good niche fragrances are blended and how good they smell compared to the designer stuff.

just got a sample from neiman marcus. very urban, very original, i could picture wet pavement at midnight in the city. Very good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    Guys, I just purchased some samples from THe Perfumed Court and Midnight in Paris EDT was included. I don't know how similar the EDT and EDP are but the top notes of MiP are killing me. They remind of something I smelled before but I can't think of what it is, But I'm loving it. All the samples I bought were niche and it's crazy how good niche fragrances are blended and how good they smell compared to the designer stuff.
    Bulgari Black?

haha, i finally got it. The top notes smell like Chrome.

Would I find the Midnight in Paris edp akin to the Opium homme edp? (In terms of its projection and intensity).
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Would I find the MIParis edp akin to the Opium homme edp?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

^No, it's not much like Opium...Opium is much spicier and classically oriental.

Honestly, just think of a mash-up of Bulgari Black and Dzing! plus extra florals and fruit.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Honestly, just think of a mash-up of Bulgari Black and Dzing! plus extra florals and fruit.
    Last edited by rioni; 17th January 2011 at 11:52 AM.

double post

I tried this edp version a few days ago. The bottle is so much more beautiful than the juice. It strongly reminds me of BLV Black. Creamy milky ( a little ) boozy rubber ( slightly ) leather. Both longervity and sillage are quite good, after about 8 hours, I still can smell it clearly. This scent is not bad, but it is not the scent of Midnight in Paris. I think Double Black is a better name for this scent.

I recently got a sample of the EDP and I like it a lot. I love that lily of the valley note running through it.
    I just wish they offered a smaller bottle of the EDP!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

you guys are all over the map with this one lol

Am I the only one who thinks that this smells like Bulgari Blu PH? Its huge disappointment to me.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that this smells like Bulgari Blu PH? Its huge disappointment to me.
    Long time ago that I tried Bulgari Blu but I think that one reminded me of Burberry Brit and I can't see a connection between Brit and MiP.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I just found 2 days old teststrip with this in my jeans. Basenotes are not bad and I actually like it. It smells very similiar to Jil Sander Man Absolute but bit more feminine.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996