Thread: bond n.9

Default bond n.9

dear friends
    i try
    bond n.9 for man or unisex
    help me?

Blog Entries

Default Re: bond n.9

Be sure and try Riverside Drive - one of the best. A very distinctive "green" scent. Also New Haarlem if you like coffee gourmands. Wall Street if you like watermelon aquatics - very office-friendly. Chez Bond and Hamptons are nice, modern unisex. Fire Island is a scent that actually smells like you're at the beach wearing sunscreen - a very interesting fragrance that suits both men and women, but you need to test it. Bleeker Street (sp?) is liked by many, as is Andy Warhol Silver Factory. I personally like their Saks Fifth Avenue for Men - I think it's one of the more subtle and interesting mint fragrances out there.

Bond has some very reliable pleasers. I tend to think their more girl-friendly than guy-friendly, but they have enough stuff to keep you busy until you find what you like.

Oh, yes - forgot about Brooklyn. I'm a woodaholic, and so I really appreciate the light, refreshing wood scent that is Brooklyn. Very subtle the first time you wear it, but believe me - it will grown on you if you wear it a while. It's a very reliable hot weather scent that you can wear when any other wood scent (except possibly L'Eau d'Issey) feels oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Be sure and try Riverside Drive - one of the best. A very distinctive "green" scent. Also New Haarlem if you like coffee gourmands. Wall Street if you like watermelon aquatics - very office-friendly. Chez Bond and Hamptons are nice, modern unisex. Fire Island is a scent that actually smells like you're at the beach wearing sunscreen - a very interesting fragrance that suits both men and women, but you need to test it. Bleeker Street (sp?) is liked by many, as is Andy Warhol Silver Factory. I personally like their Saks Fifth Avenue for Men - I think it's one of the more subtle and interesting mint fragrances out there.

Bond has some very reliable pleasers. I tend to think their more girl-friendly than guy-friendly, but they have enough stuff to keep you busy until you find what you like.

Oh, yes - forgot about Brooklyn. I'm a woodaholic, and so I really appreciate the light, refreshing wood scent that is Brooklyn. Very subtle the first time you wear it, but believe me - it will grown on you if you wear it a while. It's a very reliable hot weather scent that you can wear when any other wood scent (except possibly L'Eau d'Issey) feels oppressive.
    What a great summary. I keep chipping away at Bond's collection, but there are so many in release that it seems I'll never get to a point at which I know the product line well.

My favorite is Riverside Drive - only one I've actually purchased. Several years ago, my wife gave me a bottle of Gramercy Park - only fragrance I've ever returned. At the time it struck me as too pricey compared to how much I liked it (not that much). I went on a sniffing safari once at a Bond counter - probably sniffed 12 of them - and the one I was really looking forward to was New Haarlem, given all the raves it gets on BN. I was distinctly disappointed. It reminded me way too much of the smell of Starbucks mocha, as if you've spilled it on yourself. Since then I've seen many more posts on BN extolling the virtues of New Haarlem, so I suppose I should give it another try.

Fire Island: I am intrigued by Red's description of it as suntan lotion-like. I have been obsessed this summer with the scent of classic Coppertone lotion. It seems there are three general scent groupings of suntan lotion: coconut (like Hawaiian Tropic, kinda like Virgin Island Water), Coppertone (I don't know the scent components of that smell, but I love it), and chemical meltdown (just about any modern spray-on). Which group is Fire Island closest to?

[Brief thread hijack: for bonus points, is there cologne on the market that mimics the Coppertone scent?]

I see already answered above I started to type then the phone rang, so by the time I got back too late. Hamptons is my favourite.