Code of Conduct

Default what is the most badass house? perhaps name one designer and one niche?

is it thiery mugler?

ysl with the unique scents?

the house that made jasmin et cigs?

cb i hat perfume?
    “The Sandal Tree as if to prove,
    How sweet to conquer hate by love,
    Perfumes the axe that lays it low.” Rabindranath Tagore, Indian poet.

Default Re: what is the most badass house? perhaps name one designer and one niche?

Caron

Default Re: what is the most badass house? perhaps name one designer and one niche?

While I enjoy someone employing the term "badass" to fragrance, it's a pretty nonspecific term.

I would think for most who would enjoy that term applied to frangrance that YSL and Mugler probably the most badass.

Comme des Garcons

CDG is a little too arty/ avante garde to be badass IMO but almmost.

Caron could be since they have yatagan.

Aramis: at least their vintage formulations
    Guerlain: while they still produced very dandified and definitely no run of the mill-scents
    Knize: I mean how are they holding up such leathery, green-sporty or smooth powdery-floral frags in the heyday of aquatics?
    Loewe: such an unassuming yet stunning and non-generic European fragrance house

Blog Entries

In terms of designers, Thierry Mugler looks like he could pick up a car.

Serge Lutens takes the cake with Muscs Kublai Khan. Takes balls to make that kind of fragrance

Point Blank

Profumum.

I guess Diesel and Juicy Coutoure are badass in a punk jr. high school kinda way.

Hmm between Thierry Mugler and YSL for designers.

Not very familiar with Niche perfumes yet, but after sampling Serge Lutens today, wow, some crazy spices in some of their perfumes, definitely a house with balls.

This is like asking who is the fattest Ethiopian.

Hillaire

bad·ass/ˈbadˌas/
    Noun: A tough, aggressive, or uncooperative person.
    Adjective: Tough or aggressive: "a badass temper".

Andy Tauer is kind of a self-styled perfume 'badass', I suppose... with his manifesto and public denouncement of other houses, and stuff.

Look the f*** out, 'cuz this mutha's pissed!

For me it would be Chanel.....(designer)

I base this on a simple formula:

10% that Platinum Egoiste, Pour Monsieuer, and Antaeus are 3 of my top 15 favorite fragrances
    90% that I saw a movie about Coco Chanel in which Audrey Tautou played her. Any sentence that shares the words "ass" and "Audrey Tautou" is sure to work me into a lather

If I had to name a niche it would be Mazzolari.......in fairness I have only sample Lui, but the name Mazzolari sounds kind of bad ass and that scent makes me feel like King Kong's little brother.

Bad Ass? YSL- No doubt. Kouros, Rive Gauche PH, Opium PH, Jazz, M7, Pour Homme, and all those crazy flankers- quite Bad Ass indeed.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Bad Ass attitude and marketing is Etat Libre d' Orange.
    Bad Ass fragrances it has to be Commes des Garcon.

Blog Entries

Jean Paul Gaultier
    Jasmin et ciggarettes

Point Blank

I change my mind. Definitely Mazzolari.

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    Jean Paul Gaultier
    Jasmin et ciggarettes
    I find it amusing that Jean Paul Gaultier is the most badass house. Le Male and Fleur du Male?
    Does anyone remember a cartoon called The Ambiguously Gay Duo?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Bad Ass attitude and marketing is Etat Libre d' Orange.
    Bad Ass fragrances it has to be Commes des Garcon.
    +1 on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I find it amusing that Jean Paul Gaultier is the most badass house. Le Male and Fleur du Male?
    hmm... jpg? which ones did you mean weimar? rourke wears jpg... the clothes... he does look bad... ass

chanel's are pretty feminine and i love them but not so sure they're for this thread. even antaues and egoiste.

Blog Entries

Mansuor

Designer: Dior
    Niche: Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    While I enjoy someone employing the term "badass" to fragrance, it's a pretty nonspecific term.

I would think for most who would enjoy that term applied to frangrance that YSL and Mugler probably the most badass.
    When I think "badass," I think of a man comfortable in his own skin and confident in himself. He needs no fragrance to buoy up his sense of masculinity. My "badass" scent is the smell of his skin, his unique "odeur virile" and sweat. That being said, then maybe just a touch of jasmine essential oil right between his pecs, or Parfum d'Habit or Cuir Ottoman.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thierry Mugler

Yves Saint Laurent of course!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Thierry Mugler - Designer
    Tauer - Niche

plus 1 to Etat Libre D'Orange! Just look at their catalogue... Next thing you know, they will produce "Divine Sewage"

Designer - YSL - Kouros in and of itself assures this. But they also have other wonderful scents.

Niche - Creed - Confidence/Cockiness and products that actually deliver. Every new scent is a major event.

YSL
    Chanel

Vintage MPG... Jean Laporte, is a frigging genius! When a perfumer has total freedom, and control this is the result.

Vintage Aramis...Often times an underrated house, and often times does not get the respect it deserves.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

DeepSilence

YSL
    Cartier

CdG

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    ILMAO!! nailed it.....

Mugler gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post

Serge Lutens takes the cake with Muscs Kublai Khan. Takes balls to make that kind of fragrance
    +1 Why is smelling like a sweaty Mongolian so good? Because it bloody is...

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    In terms of designers, Thierry Mugler looks like he could pick up a car.
    Good lord. I'd never seen a pic of him, but Googled it based on your comment. Not exactly what I would have imagined him to look like. He's a big mofo!

designer: ysl, maybe hermes, maybe.
    niche: serge lutens and CdG.