Code of Conduct

Thread: Boss Number One

Default Boss Number One

What personality/ideas come to mind with this fragrance?

Default Re: Boss Number One

Not sure what that means, but it's similar to the Lapidus one from the 80s and also Tenere. If you like the combination of honey and "dirty" jasmine, it's certainly worth sampling.

What I mean is: what personality does the fragrance portray? ie: masculine, sensual, sophisticated, etc.

Boss number one is very decent, elegant, confident. I was surprised by Boss number one and I plan to add it to my collection.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I associate Number 1 with old men!

Very powerhouse

It was a favoutite of mine when I was a teenager. It was one of the first fragrances I started to use, and I loved the stuff! Today, unfortunately it hasn`t passed the test of time...:-(

I think it exudes an aura of someone who is extremely confident, has a lot of life experience, is sophisticated, and has control over his own lot in life. I often think of the image of a successful self-made man when I smell Boss No. 1.

Very loud (powerhouse) and to me, dated. Some 80's frags still work (Antaeus comes to mind) Some do not, Boss. No 1, Polo, Grey Flannel and Quorum come to mind.

I sampled Boss Number One once, and I must confess that it really does smell like #1.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Very loud (powerhouse) and to me, dated. Some 80's frags still work (Antaeus comes to mind) Some do not, Boss. No 1, Polo, Grey Flannel and Quorum come to mind.
    Don`t forget Obsession. Veeeery dated...

I never really thought of this as being particularly potent. On my skin it is very well behaved, contained and nicely balanced.

For me, if it were a bit more "natural" smelling it would be one of the great designer buys.

and the Punny answer...
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Costa Azzura,
    Neroli Portofino,
    Plum Japonais, Lavender Palm and
    AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

A Powerhouse for sure.....Not good at first.....the dry down is better.....This is one I could never wear.....Very masculine.....Gary

Pure 1986 fall forever

It is exudes masculinity and confidence, and is all in all, a great scent. It is for mature men - not for the aquatic crowd, that's for sure!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    It is exudes masculinity and confidence, and is all in all, a great scent. It is for mature men - not for the aquatic crowd, that's for sure!
    Exactly.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I totally agree with SillageMonger and petruccijc. I also find Boss No. 1 to be a very dark and subdued scent (subdued but still powerful), which makes me think of a guy who is quietly confident and mature, not some loud obnoxious bum.

I used to despise this scent, but I have come to truly love it, maybe because I'm getting older. I wear it all year round.

Using d > Boss Number One - these days to ofiz, stays very long and surely a powerhouse! i too think its for the low sound-mature type, rich, nice smell indeed. Many days i wore this in d morning lyk 6.30AM and i still smell when when i get a shower on d late days at the time around 8.30 even in the night! love this..

CK Obsession - i used it for 1.5 weks and packed it inside again, loud, stays very long and the smell is very very mature - does not fit me for sure, i'm thinking may be to gift it for dad for his b'day, its almost a new bottle..
    Last edited by kbandarage; 23rd August 2010 at 04:50 AM.

i foolishly parted with my bottle about 4 yrs ago ,
    because my gf at the time reckoned it had a toilet type odour associated with it ..
    she's long gone now & im gonna get another bottle this year ...