Code of Conduct

Default Frapin Caravelle Epicee and Malle Musc Ravageur.

I think those two fragrances has some similarities. Musc Ravageur is more gourmandish, with more sweet chocolate in the dry-down and better longevity. Caravelle is more spicy, with a dirty cumin note in the dry down. Both smell great, but Caravelle E is one of my top favourite fragrances of all time. Which one do you prefer, and why?

Default Re: Frapin Caravelle Epicee and Malle Musc Ravageur.

Frapin Caravelle Epicee for its longevity and dry down on my skin.

I'm a MR fanboy. I can smell some similarities, but ultimately I didn't like the Frapin because of the cumin or the booziness. And on me the MR drydown is all spicy vanilla musk rather than chocolate.

I love MR for all that it is and I very much dislike CE. so easy vote.

Both are truly great. However, if I have to choose which one I prefer it would be Caravelle Épicée… Oh, and why? Well, I am not quite sure why… maybe because I adore soft tobacco, or because Caravelle Épicée doesn’t have MR popularity although it’s a really brilliant scent, or maybe because I discovered it, unexpectedly, in one inconspicuous perfume store and I felt in love with it immediately, or maybe even because I always get the compliments on it from the person I truly care about… who knows why…
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

i used to like (read: love) Caravelle E...but thn i noticed it fizzled out towards base into a pretty non descript scent on my skin..

my vote goes to MR for it's balance and soft smell.

IMO, Caravelle Epicee is the more masculine and spicy version of Musc Ravageur. It`s absolutely heavenly!

something about the cumin in CE makes me think of body odour, like a sweaty caravan arriving after months in the desert.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 18th August 2010 at 12:14 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    something about the cumin in CE makes me think of body odour, like a sweaty caravan arriving after months in the desert.

would I be fair in throwing in LDDM and maybe Armani Prive Ambre Soie into the mix?
    Cumin is a difficult note indeed, but in Caravelle Epicee they have done it perfectly well! Not too much, not too little. Just balanced..

I love Caravelle Epicee, and I like Musc Ravageur, but I don't find any similarities, at least not on my skin.
    Musc R smells like cookies to me, while Caravelle E smells like a boat full of spices making its way from the middle east though the Mediterranean, on its way to Venice.
    Evenstar