Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dior Homme VS Dior Homme Intense - Worth the extra $?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    It's definitely different but very smooth and enjoyable. I'll have to decide which one I want to try first.

I get to wear whatever I desire and usually it's warmly received by my clients.
    IMO, best entry into the DH realm is the EdC version. A) seems to be kind of rare, buy it while you can, and B) it's the most well-balanced of the three. Most versatile.

And I can assure you that 1,000+ basenoters are thinking, "Wow, is his company hiring?!?"

not worth the extra buckaroos...bought it and immediately disliked it....if you like the amped up lipstick note then go for it...i ended up giving mine away to my sister in law because it just made me feel kinda like a walking makeup counter....i was moderately in like with the original because the drydown was nice, but this is too loud for me...beware, its a different frag all together in my opinion
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I definitely intend on getting the Intense version! It took me awhile to warm up to the original because of the iris. After a few wearings I've come to enjoy it but if the Intense version has more chocolate, consider me won over. I do love me some gourmands! Which is also why I plan on getting the Extreme version of L'instant.
    Yes it does seem to have lots more chocolate, but i'd say the darker 60 percent type...it's also more leathery too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    IMO, best entry into the DH realm is the EdC version. A) seems to be kind of rare, buy it while you can, and B) it's the most well-balanced of the three. Most versatile.

And I can assure you that 1,000+ basenoters are thinking, "Wow, is his company hiring?!?"
    LOL, I get that asked of me all the time... I'm self employed so I didn't really get hired. I carved out a niche service and invested my money into it. Thousands of dollars in equipment, plus the operating expenses and rely purely on generosity of people by offering a free service. Scary but in life sometimes you need to just take a chance. Plus people only see the glamor side of it being out in a party scene but there is equal amount of time devoted to dirty work people don't see.

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Intense version, I'm still deciding but I'm leaning that way right now. I like the original but if it was a bit more masculine with choco and leather notes that sounds great. Those are my favorite parts of the original. I like the Iris in the original but I bet that's what gives it the make-up bag feel to it combined with the leather. Without it being too dominant in the Intense version it probably takes that aspect and tones it down.
    Last edited by Pipsta; 17th August 2010 at 08:10 AM.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

All of the Dior Homme versions could coexist in the same wardrobe (excluding Sport, it bares almost no resemblance to the others), which is something which I must give a ton of credit to Dior for pulling off.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    not worth the extra buckaroos...bought it and immediately disliked it....if you like the amped up lipstick note then go for it...i ended up giving mine away to my sister in law because it just made me feel kinda like a walking makeup counter....i was moderately in like with the original because the drydown was nice, but this is too loud for me...beware, its a different frag all together in my opinion
    ??? The lipstick note is WAY toned down in the Intense, almost to the point of not being there.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I got the intense from the mall a few weeks ago and think it's an awesome smell. I did notice the so-called lipstick accord is also non-existent compared to the original. It does start out quite sharp but the drydown is amazing and it happens pretty quickly on my skin. I do think this scent would work better in the winter as it's sillage and lasting power are very impressive (over 10 hours on my skin)

May I also add it reminds me of a combination of Rochas Man and Lemale, does anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I got the intense from the mall a few weeks ago and think it's an awesome smell. I did notice the so-called lipstick accord is also non-existent compared to the original. It does start out quite sharp but the drydown is amazing and it happens pretty quickly on my skin. I do think this scent would work better in the winter as it's sillage and lasting power are very impressive (over 10 hours on my skin)
    Two points.... what mall? Is it in the U.S.? I thought the 'Intense' wasn't available in the U.S.?

Secondly, your join date is in 1970? HAH!

La perfumie Elizabeth NJ is where I got the intense. I know I have to change that date ha!

We can change our join date? That's odd....Not as odd as having it before the internet was even invented but it is kinda funny.

I'll have to check a couple of the small non-chain perfume spots around here, they might actually carry it and I can test it before I buy. I guess if they want they could always order it from a out of country source and still sell it here.

Hi Pipsta!
    Did u actually get the Intense? What do you think?

Sur la Plage

Yes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I wound up getting it and love it. I do think that I will probably enjoy the original more as it gets hotter outside while during the cooler months the DHI is what I reach for more often.