Code of Conduct

Default Is Kenzo Jungle Homme a good replacement for the discontinued D&G By Man?

Both are created around the same jungle/zebra theme, but how similar are they?
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 17th August 2010 at 10:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is Kenzo Jungle Homme a good replacement for the discontinued D&G By Man?

Not too similar at all to my nose. Some people find there is a note or two that they share, but its not enough to say they share an accord. Really, they are two very different scents. I've owned By before and I own Kenzo Jungle Homme now and I would describe them as such:

By - dirty lavender fragrances; think lavender fougere with some sweet & powdery spices and aromatics with a touch of leather; truly unique

Jungle - distinct oriental that really captures the smells of the East & Orient; starts with spiked lime followed by strong spice notes of nutmeg, cardamom & pepper, finishing with a powdery wood notes and sweetness.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is Kenzo Jungle Homme a good replacement for the discontinued D&G By Man?

Additionally, the one fragrance that seems to really capture the idea behind BY Man, and even bear some striking resemblances to it, is La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent. This original L'Homme is a citrus-topped, powdery fourgere, and by adding spicy notes with just a touch of sweetness, YSL nearly recreated the accords one finds in BY Man. Armani Code smells different but the structures of these 3 fragrances are similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you're looking for a substitute I'd go with Kristiansand New York
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking