Code of Conduct

Default which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

My wife always compliments me whenever I wear;
    -Jicky EDT
    -Timbuktu
    -Vetiver extraordinaire
    -Ungaro I

on the other hand she hates;
    -No.88
    -Eau d'Hermes
    -Cuba

Default Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

Shes 24

Girlfriend rates:
    - Green Irish Tweed, Creed
    - Silver Romance, RL
    - Extreme, Bvlgari

She hates:
    - Vetiver, Guerlain (old man she says)
    - Fahrenhiet, Dior (just says yuck)
    - M7, YSL (smells like a hospital)
    - Terre D'Hermes (rotten orange peel)

*shakes head dispairingly*
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

Well my gf loves every cologne that i wear....she just loves them all...
    EXCEPT
    KOUROS....i wore it once in a mall...and she said....YUCK....it was a big NO NO for her...though i still want to buy it...I WILL BUY IT...atleast a small bottle....

gupts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hub said that his TOP 3 is Messe de Minuit, Black Cashmere and Shalimar.

He likes Orientals, incense and wood notes.

He doesn't care much for leather scents.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I recently obtained Gianfranco Ferre in a swap and my favorite lady loves it. That's great, since I love it too!

She absolutely loves Davidoff Coolwater and I cant stand it. Leaves me with a bit of a problem in that she doesnt like the scents that I prefer.

..... The search never ends !!!

Post Thanks / Like

He likes:
    Boucheron PH EDP (his favorite)
    Neroli Sauvage
    Himalaya
    Erolfa
    Un Jardin en Méditerranée
    Versace Dreamer

He dislikes:
    Terre d'Hermes
    Bois du Portugal
    Ambre Canelle
    Habit Rouge
    Givenchy Gentleman (STRONGLY dislikes this one upon application, but after the drydown, like much later in the day, has actually said "you should wear that one more often")

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

He likes most everything I wear, except for the really adventurous ones: Kingdom, No. 88 and Cumming

Haven't had a SO since I started my fragrance collecting, so there is nobody to like/dislike anything I wear.

More money and more time, and I can wear what I want;!! yippee...wait though...maybe my fragrance choices these days are the reason I can't find an SO.

Off-Scenter

She hates:
    Parfum d'Habit ;-0

She loves:
    Dia
    Silver Mountain Water
    Rebellius
    Santal Noble
    Green Irish Tweed

Post Thanks / Like

She LOVES Hugo by Hugo Boss the flask, from freakin' 1993 but she says its a manly scent.

She smelled L'Homme and Traditional Blue and liked them immediately...lol

You want to know what she didn't like? Just look at my wardobe at 'Tested" and I went through everything except the kitchen sink!

I had a sample of Geir....she didn't like it, I did if it would if it were less potent.

She hates Le Male and scents like it, as do I.

I picked up Allure Sport the other day, she likes that one but her fav's are that 3 mentioned above at the top.

hey,.....i still got one more to find to make my collection complete. The CK Be is gone, gave it away and L'eau Dissey is on its way out my brotha's!!!! lmao
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Post Thanks / Like

She loves;

TdH
    Nemo (drives her crazy!)
    Erolfa
    Geir Ness
    Guerlain Vetiver

Hates only one so far;

Creed Tabarome Millesime...one of my favs! Oh well.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

She likes: Allure Homme, Envy for Men, FCUK Him
    She hates: D&G By Man, Mugler Cologne

Post Thanks / Like

She (32 years old)...

Mare
    Dolce & Gabanna PH
    Kouros
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Boss Soul (Bleh)
    Millesime Imperial
    Habit Rouge

Dislikes:

AoS Sandalwood
    Antaeus (!!)
    Monsieur Balmain ("Just use Pledge, it's cheaper", she says. "Not MUCH.", I say.)
    Cool Water

My husband of 13 years (Paul) loves Bois de Portugal, Havana Reserva, Photo, Jockey Club, Bulgari Black and Iquitos.

He really despises Dzing!, H.O.T. Always and the latter's Givenchy cousin, Gentleman.

He's not too fond of (but doesn't despise) Black Jeans, Versace Man, Versace Pour Homme and (one of my personal favorites!), Musc Ravageur.

He only loves one scent I can't stand, and that's (ick!) Persian Leather by Caswell-Massey.
    My Updated Swap List:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189152

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Does my mom count?

Anyhoo, she loves:
    -Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (her all-time fave on me, which I don't like... too much licorice)
    -B*Men (I love this one... too bad Thierry Mugler is discontinuing it)
    -GIT

On the other hand, she hates:
    -Terre d'Hermes (I love it, but she says that it "smells like Aqua Velva")
    -Gucci Envy for Men (she said "Is that Old Spice?")
    -Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Male (she thought that it smelled horrible)
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

She loves:

JHL
    Knize Ten

She hates:

Antico Caruso

Post Thanks / Like

She likes:
    Escada Magnetism
    Helmut Lang Cuiron
    Divine L'Homme Sage
    Cacharel Nemo
    YSL Body Kouros
    Tauer l'Air du Desert Marocain
    Dior Homme
    Givenchy Pi Fraiche was a big hit, but I swapped it away. I'm horrible

She dislikes:

Gucci PH (too incensy)
    Chanel PM
    MPG Santal Noble (she doesn't dislike it per se, but she says it smells just like her grandfather )

These are the ones that have received specific remarks in either direction. Mostly, she says things are "alright" and that's that. Not much of a fragrance enthusiast!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    ..wait though...maybe my fragrance choices these days are the reason I can't find an SO.
    That cannot be! More than sixty percent of your drobe should attract candidates en masse while none of the rest would be a likely deterrent !
    Could it be that you are a trifle too 'hm ...choosy ?
    Last edited by narcus; 28th April 2007 at 09:28 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

My GF (age 19... going on 20!!) has not ever said she dislikes a certain fragrance, but she cannot get enough of Creed's M.I. or Jade Emperor. She says she really likes everything else in my wardrobe, but doesn't fawn over them as much as these two.

Loves:
    Romeo Gigli
    Quorum
    Gendarme V
    Bulgari PH

Hates:
    Gucci PH (with a passion)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

The guy that I'm currently seeing has only commented very favorably on JPG Classique EDT. After giving this fragrance a good couple hours to dry down, he doesn't seem to wanna let me go.

He hasn't commented on anything else from my wardrobe.

My wife generally is impartial or negative towards my fragrance hobby. She does enjoy: Bulgari PH Extreme
    Malle's MR
    Creed's Erolfa
    Jicky EDT
    Scent Intense
    Helmut Lang Men

She really does not like:
    CDG's Palisander
    Dior Homme (calls it too feminine)
    Philosykos
    Cuiron
    Tea for Two

-Slim

Wink Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

When I put on The Dreamer, the evening usually turns into The Nightmare!

She's 21:

Loves:
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Ralph Lauren Polo Blue
    Armani Acqua di Gio
    Azzaro Chrome
    Givenchy pour homme
    Rive Gauche pour homme
    John Varvatos
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Floris Santal
    Claiborne Sport
    Ungaro III
    Van Cleef & Arpels pour homme
    Dolce & Gabbana pour homme
    Vera Wang for men
    Burberry Brit for men
    Creed Himalaya and Paco XS

Hates:
    Terre d' Hermes
    Drakkar Noir
    Zino
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    Geir

she loves Wall St and Hamptons Chanel Pour Homme not concentrate

she hates Canoe Kouros Grey Flannel remember that?

Post Thanks / Like

Loves...
    Fahrenheit
    Pi
    A*Men

Hates:
    Pino Silvestre
    Caron PuH

My wife likes all my Creeds (Imperial, Erolfa, Himalaya, Silver Mountain Water) but Green Irish Tweed. She says it smells gross, and she makes a point of telling me this everytime I wear the cologne. I personally have grown to love the stuff, it is a very soothing scent. She is 25, and so am I. I can't figure out what to do, I have multiple bottles of it.
    Last edited by Maz24; 29th April 2007 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    My wife likes all my Creeds (Imperial, Erolfa, Himalaya, Silver Mountain Water) but Green Irish Tweed. She says it smells gross, and she makes a point of telling me this everytime I wear the cologne. I personally have grown to love the stuff, it is a very soothing scent. She is 25, and so am I. I can't figure out what to do, I have multiple bottles of it.
    if the wife doesnt like it...
    save it for the girlfriend...

jk
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

That's pretty funny............

Red face Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

My special guy likes on me L de Lolita Lempicka, Spring Flower and Fleur d'Oranger. but for the most part, whatever I wear is fine by him...

Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    ..... The search never ends !!!
    Which one???
    Last edited by Ayala; 30th April 2007 at 05:59 AM.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Post Thanks / Like

My husband aged 47 loves fragrance as much as I. We also have very similar taste.

He Loves,

Anything with Patchouli in, Angel, Voleur de Roses, Prada, Coromondel, XS Extreme for Girl, all of CDG Incense Series, Costume National.

He Hates, anything overly floral
    Anais Anais, Vera Wang, Mitsouko, Poison, Paris.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved: Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Hated: Joseph Abboud (I wear it when she's out of town)

Post Thanks / Like

My wife hates them all. I keep thinking "she'll like this one" just to be disappointed yet again.

My girlfriend likes:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Silver Moutain Water
    Creed MI
    Armani (Black) Code

She hates

JPG Le Male

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala View Post
    My special guy likes on me L de Lolita Lempicka, Spring Flower and Fleur d'Oranger. but for the most part, whatever I wear is fine by him...
    I'd love to know what you've created expressly for him, or at least with him in mind, Ayala. Just imagine the pleasure of being a woman's fragrance muse.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife has 4 categories:

likes it on me, doesn't irritate her (very rare): e.g. Adolfo Dominguez, Agua de Sandalo
    likes it on me, but it irritates her (infrequent): e.g. Monsieur Balmain
    doesn't like it on me, doesn't irritate her: ?
    doesn't like it on me & irritates (95% of my frags): e.g. Dunhill for men ("what's this godawful crap?")
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting twist on an old theme...

On my husband, I love:

-Creed Tabarome
    -Armani Code
    -Azzaro Pure Lavender
    -Hanae Mori for Men

His fave is Kenneth Cole Signature.

On me, he loves:

-Kenzo Flower
    -Kenzo Flower Le Parfum (red)
    -L'Instant de Guerlain
    -Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
    -Guerlain With Love
    -Henri Bendel Orange Blossom

My fave is Pamplelune, at this moment. Interestingly, I love Mitsouko, and he's not crazy about it. Also, I love Hypnotic Poison and it makes his skin crawl.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Smile Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

Well. I don't have a girlfriend or wife. So one co-worker likes on me- Santos by Cartier. I couldn't tell you what she hates.

Post Thanks / Like

My boyfriend especially loves the Christopher Brosius perfumes (CB I Hate Perfume), most especially Russian Caravan Tea, though also Pipe Tobacco Accord and Forest Floor Accord. His comment is that they make me smell more like myself. About other perfumes, he says they smell like perfume.

Strangely, he didn't like Escentric 01 on me, but LOVED it when I dabbed it on our very masculine male friend (and my boyfriend is hetero!).

Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriend tends to like fragrances I pick and she adopts her favorites for herself. Her favorites now are: Creed Erolfa, Avignon, Kyoto, Borneo 1834, and Chene.

Two that she likes for herself (and I like on her) that I don't wear are Passage d' Enfer and Creed Royal Water.

The only fragrances she really dislikes are any which I over apply - Black Aoud and Aoud Lime both get too strong very fast so I need to apply lightly, then its better.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I'd love to know what you've created expressly for him, or at least with him in mind, Ayala. Just imagine the pleasure of being a woman's fragrance muse.
    --Chris
    Thanks for your curiousity Chris!
    l'Herbe Rouge is his signature fragrance, even though I created it before I met him. He just fell head over heels with it as soon as he smelled it (around the same time he fell for me too...). I was very happy because it was my favourite masculine scent and it smells just perfect on him. It seemed to have meant a lot at the time... I wanted to make him a signature scent made only for him but he was just so happy with this one, and refused to cooperate

I am now working on a new fragrance that is primarily inspired by him, and is an immortelle scent (he steals my L de Lolita Lempicka all the time so now I associate him with vanilla and helycrisum too!).

And Film Noir wouldn't have been born if it wasn't for him being an avid collector or films, including of that genre....
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala View Post
    Thanks for your curiousity Chris!
    l'Herbe Rouge is his signature fragrance, even though I created it before I met him. He just fell head over heels with it as soon as he smelled it (around the same time he fell for me too...). I was very happy because it was my favourite masculine scent and it smells just perfect on him. It seemed to have meant a lot at the time... I wanted to make him a signature scent made only for him but he was just so happy with this one, and refused to cooperate

I am now working on a new fragrance that is primarily inspired by him, and is an immortelle scent (he steals my L de Lolita Lempicka all the time so now I associate him with vanilla and helycrisum too!).

And Film Noir wouldn't have been born if it wasn't for him being an avid collector or films, including of that genre....
    Great stories and a great explanation, Ayala. It's really neat to see how our tastes develop because of the likes of those around us too--use of imortell, for example. Now it seems to you to be something a man should have, say. Really neat, and like I said, how wonderful it would be to be a woman's fragrance muse.

Thanks very much for the thoughtful and kind answer.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

She loves:
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Polo Double Black
    Armani Code
    Aqua Di Gio
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts

Hates:
    Polo Romance Silver
    Polo
    Fleur Du Male
    Creed GIT
    Creed SMW

She likes my scents but she hates me.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Loves:Terre d`hermes
    Armani Eau pour Homme
    Platinum Egoiste
    GIT
    Kiton Men

Hates:
    Black Aoud
    C & S No.88.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    She likes my scents but she hates me.

TNMA
    HAHAH... awesome

First date with the ex: wore Dior Homme - she didn't like it.
    Second date with the ex: she bought me Armani Mania - she liked it...

She also liked cK be, Bulgari pour Homme, Eau de The blanc. She hated M7... anything YSL/Gucci, really. I think she just liked the closer, softer, not necessarily fresh fragrances.

Still though, at least I got a 2nd date and 10 months out of her. Has made me hesitate from wearing Dior Homme to impress - enjoy wearing it for myself though. Wish I had it with me here at uni.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the Mrs. liked Herrera for Men - very much actually. Maybe I should spring for a bottle again.

She has bought for me:
    Touch (Fred Hayman)
    Paris Hilton for Men
    You'll note that they are not in my wardrobe. Or in my house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Surprisingly she is always noticing Mechant Loup the most out of everything I wear! She's absolutely in love with it.

Haha, I just asked her and she couldn't name one for me. She said I have 123082 names she doesn't know. I'm sticking with my first choice because she does really notice it the most.

Talking Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

he seems to like everything I wear, has never made a negative comment about any of my frags (well, maybe that one time when I nearly asphyxiated both of us by spraying with too much enthusiasm and that was more of a comment on my application!)
    sometimes I think he just likes sniffing me

he has made especially nice comments about
    chanel no 19
    kingdom
    bandit
    himalaya
    ambre sultan
    jasmin impeatrice eugenie

my kids like Love's True Bluish Light, Himalaya and Aimez Moi
    Last edited by rtamara41; 5th June 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

My wife strongly dislikes Tiffany for Men and Blenheim's Bouquet.
    She doesn't mind the smell of Versace Black Jeans, but starts sneezing uncontrollably when I wear it around her.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty new at this whole frag thing, but so far the only thing my wife likes is Polo Blue. =0(

I will make it as brief as possible since i have a ton of frags:

She loves: Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford period. She says it smells like honey. She likes a men and a men pure malt.

She hates: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford and rel by Creed.

Post Thanks / Like

Shes 21:

Loves:
    Armani code
    Creed Original Vetiver
    Green Irish Tweed
    YSL L'homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    The dry down of Le Male

Lots of inbetweens
    but she hates:

The top notes of Le male
    212 men
    john varvatos
    Platinum Egoiste (wish she would like this)

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing I own that my wife hates, however, she would prefer that I wear Kouros when she is out of town. I couldn't really say which one she loves/likes the most.

For such popular fragrances I'm surprised that Terre d'Hermes and Le Male are getting a bit of a shoeing. Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is 34:
    She loves-
    Terre D'Hermes Parfum
    A Taste of Heaven By Kilian
    Byredo Fantastic Man
    Prada Amber PH
    Prada Infusion d'homme

She hates-
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (my top 3)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

-My girlfriend LOVES Fierce in general; Vurt Green reminds her of me, however A*Men is (FINALLY!) starting to replace that as the "association scent"; Rochas Man ive found to be a powerful weapon if used appropriately (movie, romantic dinner...the other person has to end up close to you for it to take full effect). She also likes Fahrenheit a lot.
    -she hates Dirt English. Le Male has been complimented if i point it out but its a tepid "smells nice" so i think she doesn't really care for it

My Wife of almost 31 Years Loves most everything I wear.....There are a few that She hates.....
    1. Obsession for Men
    2. Kouros
    3. Tea for Two
    4. Opium PH Edp
    She is not fond of the power scents.....She will endure them but tells me that I have other scents that are better!

She Loves all of the Bond No.9, Creed, Armani, Ralph (not Polo), Acqua di Parma and Comme des Garcons that I have.....She Loves (Likes) way more than She dislikes (hates).....I have way too many to mention.....Out of them all She Loves Gio, Armani Code, Purple Label, Romance Silver, Polo Black and Double Black, GIT and Green Valley, and Wall Street, Central Park, Chez Bond, Riverside Drive!!!

I Love when She wears Flower Bomb, Spring Flowers, Love In White, Love by RL, 5th Avenue by Arden, Union Square by Bond No.9, Code Pour Femme by Armani and Style by RL.....Gary