Code of Conduct

Default Versatile, masculine, not overused fragrance?

I am 18 but would consider myself relatively mature, and would like to move past the typical acqua di gio. I need something I can apply at 8:00 AM which will last until about 3:00 PM, at which time I have (american) football practice. I like the manly scents of woods, leather, and tobacco, but I need something that will not give me a headache during practice with a helmet, etc.

So far I am thinking about Code, YSL L'Homme, and YSL Kouros Sport. Which of these would be better? Any other suggestions?

Default Re: Versatile, masculine, not overused fragrance?

I can't comment about your prefered scents, as an alternative I can recommend L'eau de Navagateur by L'Artisan Parfumeur. Look it up at Lucky Scent.

Versace's The Dreamer

i would give michael kors for men a try...has a woodsy, tobacco, whiskey vibe thats not at all over powering...or try gucci pour homme...all woods my friend!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

L'Homme is pretty easy going and versatile. However, it isn't terribly unique. I'll toss out a couple of suggestions:
    Lui
    Racquets Formula
    Tricorn
    Le Male summer
    Opium PH Eau d'ete
    Lalique PH Equus
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

L'Homme would actually be pretty individual in my age group, as Hollister and AdG dominate. Also, I am very intrigued by Lui and Kors, but worry they are too mature. If it really is about the man's personality I'll go for one, but I worry that these strong fragrances will be off-putting to the females of my age group

If I could make a couple suggestions:
    I would actually agree against YSL L'Homme as I think it might not past the "not overused test". It is readily available at most stores, so the potential it could become even more popular is there too....

Also, while Lui is a great scent, a) it's not cheap, which might be a concern for a younger guy and b) it could be a little TOO animalistic. Also to me, it would seem somewhat out of place with a high school guy. Just my opinion though. Plus I really don't see girls that age liking it, and let's be honest....that's pretty important! :P

A couple suggestions I would throw out:

Aramis Havana
    Chanel Antaeus

To me they are VERY manly and you are extremely likely to be the only dude at school wearing them. I can't say they are rock-bottom cheap, but I still think reasonable and smell like they cost more than they do. Personally I find them both pretty versile and wear them both day and night. Good luck!

***If I could add one that I think is very versatile, but may not fit your other categories is Chanel Egoiste Platinum. The only downside is that it would be more expensive than the other two. On the plus side you could try both that and Antaeus at the same counter. Most high end stores like Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, etc should have both.....

I wouldn't say it's super masculine, but Dior Homme is pretty versatile and it lasts a decent amount of time. IMO it is more interesting than YSL L'homme, and the bottle alone is a great example of good design. I'm sure there are a decent amount of people that wear this Dior, but probably not nearly as many as YSL. It always seems to be fighting for 1st place in sales with Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue at Sephora....

I think I'll try Havana. Based on the Directory, it definitely sounds interesting, unique, and masculine.

How about Rive Gauche Pour Homme? It's inexpensive, rugged but tidy, classically masculine, and certainly not a household name outside of Basenotes.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

let's see...

Fresh's Canabis Santal (will give you some edge too)

Aqua di Parma Blue mediterraneo Cipresso di toscana

" " " " Bergamotto di Calabria

JPG Mounsieur Eau du Matin

Demeter Fragrance library: Rubber

cheers!

I would go with Habit Rouge EDT. Not overused by the general population with fresh citrus and leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Aramis Havana
    Chanel Antaeus

To me they are VERY manly and you are extremely likely to be the only dude at school wearing them.
    You are completely right. Once upon a time I was the only guy in my high school wearing Antaeus... LOL

Agree with those who said Habit Rouge.