Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Do you like the scent of Old Spice?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like the scent

20 80.00%
  • No, I do not like the scent

5 20.00%

Default Do women like the scent of Old Spice?

I have heard things from "it's classic and sexy" to "it reeks of old". What do y'all individually think?

Default Re: Do women like the scent of Old Spice?

I like it! I'm not very informed when it comes to male fragrances, but I've always enjoyed it.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Probably depends on the age of the woman. My mother loved the scent of Old Spice on my father, so maybe I owe a lot to that fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

Yes, i l like it but makes me think of 'Dad' !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I LOVE it. My dad never wore cologne so I get to avoid that association. But I've known several men who have worn it....when worn in smallish doses (it's pretty potent, a little goes a long way) to my nose it is one of the sexiest skin-scents a man can wear. I've loved it forever but I find a lot of people (men & women) feel it's old/cheap so don't give it a chance.

Interesting to note, it was created for women originally. I have a hard time wearing scents I find sexy on a man, as they smell deliciously manly to me, but a woman could totally carry this off.

"He developed a fragrance from a memory of a rose jar his mother kept in the house, a combination of roses, cloves, herbs and other spices, and called his new line of toiletries Early American Old Spice« for women"

I haven't smelled it on anyone in years, but I used to love it.

Jane, I had what must have been a commemorative or anniversary bottle of Early American Old Spice for Women when I was a young girl (in the 70s). I remember a fluted glass bottle and white plastic cap. It smelled like regular Old Spice except the bottle was different. I have no idea where the bottle came from, a freebie or something from a party maybe. My family teased me for wearing Old Spice, but I don't suppose we realized it was originally intended for women. Anyway, it always smelled good to me, whoever it was/is intended for. I've meant to pick up a drugstore bottle for the longest time now, but I'm afraid it won't smell good anymore.

I like it too! I never wore the cologne but I had an ex who did, and I used to keep (and sometimes use) an Old Spice solid deodorant because it reminded me of him.

lilybelle - it has changed. I bought a bottle (looks like the old bottle but it's plastic and the ship is different) a few months ago hoping FiancÚ would wear it and knowing that if he didn't I would, but although it's still a nice softly spicy oriental it's not nearly as distinct or instantly recognizable. I had to give it a good long sniff and concentrate a while on it before I found the good "Old Spice" in it. This thread has reminded me that I need to start looking for an older bottle, and from what I've seen, anything in actual glass (including those commemorative and special edition sets) should be good.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I haven't smelled it in years, but my dad wore this all the time, so I wouldn't want to smell it on my own guy.

I do like it, as it used to be! I haven't smelled it recently. My dad used to wear it, too, (maybe he still does, from time to time; I don' think he wears cologne or aftershave much any more) but I wouldn't have any weird associations with it if DH started to wear it ( I know he wouldn't, though, he likes his Cool Water ). Old Spice is a very pleasant smell, imo.

Yes I like this.....Wife does not like this.....She doesn't hate this.....there are just more that She likes better.
    Gary

I've just asked my mother and girlfriend and they can't stand it. Both said it reminds them of something old and wrinkly

I do.

It's maybe funny, because I spent so much money on my niche perfumes, but I really love the smell of Old Spice, particularly on my husband who is not a perfume person.
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

This was the first fragrance I ever wore (I'm female), cadged from my Dad's bottle at the age of 13 or so. I'm surprised to hear it was originally formulated for women. Makes sense now. I still like the remembered smell of it, but haven't encountered it in a good while.

Blog Entries

I Love the Scent of Old Spice and i'm 25