Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Comme des Garcons Parfum Stephen Jones available @ Dover St. Mkt (London) and online

Price is 75 Pounds for the 55 ml bottle. Link here.

If any London Basenoters smell this, please post your comments.

I called Scent Bar (Luckyscent.com) this morning and asked them when they were getting it in, but the girl who took my call said she needed to check and would call me back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Comme des Garcons Parfum Stephen Jones available @ Dover St. Mkt (London) and onl

Huh. Didn't know it was already out, good catch Mike.

I'd love to hear some responses to this one as it's Antoine Maisondieu's second CdG creation, hot off of Hinoki and with a rather impressive track record thus far (Armani Code, Burberry London, Gucci Rush, and Hinoki among others).
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Comme des Garcons Parfum Stephen Jones available @ Dover St. Mkt (London) and onl

Thanks bluesoul.

I spoke to Scent Bar (Luckyscent.com) today and they said they'll have this in a couple weeks.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Vogue UK, posted some pictures from the Launch Party online here

Mr. Jones looks like he was having a good time in the pictures.

Thanks to The Scented Salamander for the link.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

From that same article, a quote from Jones:

"It's a violet that's been hit by a meteorite," describes Jones of the perfume, which also comprises hints of clove, carnation, rose, jasmine, heliotrope and amber.

Also, I had to wikipedia the term "milliner". A hatmaker.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is going to attempt to recreate a meteor accord, it's gonna be Comme des Garcons, right?

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Colette just got this in stock. $148 in US dollars (Euro exchange).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was in Barney's over the weekend and they are trying to get the rights to sell this one in the US. If they do they thought they'd have it in stores by the holidays. Stay tuned for further developments.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Damn! According to Now Smell This (http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...6/3731487.html), it's an EDT. If it was an EDP, I'd go out of my way to pop down there this coming Thursday...

Post Thanks / Like

Had the chance to try it at the Comme des Garcons Shop in Paris last saturday. I found it very, very metallic and somehow strange - not very pleasant for me. I do prefer Hinoki to Stephen Jones.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I was in Barney's over the weekend and they are trying to get the rights to sell this one in the US. If they do they thought they'd have it in stores by the holidays. Stay tuned for further developments.
    That sounds confusing. I spoke to Luckyscent a week-and-a-half ago and they assured me that they would be stocking it in 'about two weeks.' I called them, not only because I prefer buying retail from them (they're always so sweet to me, when I visit Scent Bar in LA), but also because I heard from another website that they would be 'getting it' in October and I wanted to confirm this rumour.

Maybe the Barney's rep meant they would share the rights to distribute this in the US?

I would more than happy to buy it from whomever stocks it.

I tried it today at CdG Paris and it reminds me of a cross between Le Dix and Montaigne. Caution, very bright aldehydes!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I tried it today at CdG Paris and it reminds me of a cross between Le Dix and Montaigne. Caution, very bright aldehydes!
    I don't Le Dix at all. It tends to get all Chanel No. 5 on me and you guys know I don't like aldehydes, per se.

But I've never smelled Montaine...and now I'm even more excited to try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    That sounds confusing. I spoke to Luckyscent a week-and-a-half ago and they assured me that they would be stocking it in 'about two weeks.' I called them, not only because I prefer buying retail from them (they're always so sweet to me, when I visit Scent Bar in LA), but also because I heard from another website that they would be 'getting it' in October and I wanted to confirm this rumour.

Maybe the Barney's rep meant they would share the rights to distribute this in the US?

I would more than happy to buy it from whomever stocks it.
    I don't think they were trying to get it exclusively. I think they are just trying to get it like they did with Hinoki. I'm sure this will be available from a few places. It sounds like the Luckyscent people you were talking to were way more definitive about having it than the Barney's people I was talking to.
    This sounds like another interesting one and I'm looking forward to trying it.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found out that Luckyscent has this in stock now. Darnit...I was just there last week and I would have LOVED to smell this then.

Looks like I'm gonna have to order a sample of this one right away!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 25th November 2008 at 10:28 PM.

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Not too interested in the fragrance itself, but I love the packaging!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I just found out that Luckyscent has this in stock now. Darnit...I was just there last week and I would have LOVED to smell this then.

Looks like I'm gonna have to order a sample of this one right away!
    Darnit - I just placed an order with Luckyscent a few days ago for loads of samples and did not catch this one in my dragnet.

Luckyscent--what a racket!

Default Re: Comme des Garcons Parfum Stephen Jones available @ Dover St. Mkt (London) and online

I actually liked this at first sniff, i sensed only violets, but now i got really bored with it and i bought it just recently :/

Well the packaging is perfect so i guess the scent couldnt be as good :P
    They should have put daphne in that bottle <333
    chown -R us ./base