Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How many current versions of Mouchoir de Monsieur are there?

the extract version is only made for the King of Spain--the E de P version has only been made for me twice--and I had to order 1000ml each time to get it--it takes about 6 months--and you sort of have to know....someone "of importance" chez Guerlain for them to make it. I got a 120ml ground glass stoppered bee-bottle of the extract in 1983--I still have about 30ml of it left. What's in the snail bottle is the extract: That's why it's brown. If the SEAL is still on, there's a good chance it hasn't turned. I own one of these, in its original red leather case: I've never broken the seal, so i don't know what state it's in. The snail bottle is the ORIGINAL bottle, designed expressly for it, in 1906: This fragrance was part of a set, it's mate was called "Voilette de Madame," (Madam's Veil) and they were conceived as a wedding gift to a family friend of the Guerlain family. This snail bottle will surely bid at over $2K US--as they are highly sought after--especially if their seal is unbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    the extract version is only made for the King of Spain--
    That's one lucky king!! For that reason alone, I'd love to be king for a day.

The snail bottle is the ORIGINAL bottle, designed expressly for it, in 1906.
    During one of my pilgrimages to the holy shrine of 68, Champs Elysées last year, a sales agent showed me the exact replica of the snail bottle for sale. A reissue of course, complete with red leather case a la Cartier. Unfortunately I can't remember what kind of juice was in the bottle (EDT or EDP?).

What did Jean-Claude Brialy wear? Extrait, EDT or EDP?

Basenotes Institution

the extract version is only made for the King of Spain--the E de P version has only been made for me twice--and I had to order 1000ml each time to get it--it takes about 6 months--and you sort of have to know....someone "of importance" chez Guerlain for them to make it. I got a 120ml ground glass stoppered bee-bottle of the extract in 1983--I still have about 30ml of it left. What's in the snail bottle is the extract: That's why it's brown. If the SEAL is still on, there's a good chance it hasn't turned. I own one of these, in its original red leather case: I've never broken the seal, so i don't know what state it's in. The snail bottle is the ORIGINAL bottle, designed expressly for it, in 1906: This fragrance was part of a set, it's mate was called "Voilette de Madame," (Madam's Veil) and they were conceived as a wedding gift to a family friend of the Guerlain family. This snail bottle will surely bid at over $2K US--as they are highly sought after--especially if their seal is unbroken.
    Very interesting.

If I owned a bottle of the extrait there is NOTHING that could stop me from tearing open the seal and wearing it. You, sir, have incredible restraint.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle