Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default New Shalimar EDP Flacon

From Escentual.com:

2010 marks the 85th year of Shalimar, the flagship scent of the prestigious Guerlain fragrance house and one of the most cherished perfumes of all time. A heady and complex blend of bergamot, jasmine, iris, Opopanax and vanilla, it is a sensual fragrance inspired by an oriental love story. To mark her birthday, the exotic and mature Shalimar is getting a contemporary makeover.

Jade Jagger, as the daughter of model Bianca and legendary rocker Mick Jagger, is the encapsulation of modern glamour. Artist, interior designer, and curator of jewellery and fashion collections, Jagger is a true renaissance woman; a multi-skilled, jet setting and exotic citizen of the world. Who better, then, to redesign another work of art: the iconic perfume bottle of Shalimar.

This new rendition pays homage to the Shalimar flacons of yore, with voluptuous curves and a base reminiscent of its first incarnation. Soft, full and extremely sensual, Jagger’s talent for dressing women inspired her in the design process, reinterpreting the original oriental inspiration for a look that is both luxurious and bohemian.

Capped with a jewel-like stopper in a gorgeous grey-blue and tied at the neck with a fine black ribbon, the legendary fragrance is made revitalised and radiant. An enduring classic and a VIP of the fragrance world, we hope Shalimar remains just as beautiful for another 85 years!

Personally I love it!
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 17th August 2010 at 10:29 AM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: New Shalimar EDP Flacon

It looks good to me, too. It has a lot of the old style packaging (which I didn't like, I prefered the newer, butterfly-shaped flacons) but they have tweaked it enough that it looks good now.

Yes it looks lovely, but in my eyes, the original flacon was close to perfection.
    The tiny pedistal at the bottom of the new flacon looks like it can barely hold the weight of all that precious juice... it could tip at any moment!
    Interesting that Shalimar now has a leather collar too.

Thanks for that pic! I find it quite wow! The small foot enhances the majestic look of it, I think. Beautiful enough to collect. Rumour tells that the limited "Ode a la Vanille" edition will also be in this bottle. It will be an expensive autumn

Very nice!

Is this not the parfum? The title of the thread suggests its the EDP, but there is clearly no atomiser inside this bottle.

That's a very attractive bottle! It respects the classic Shalimar lines and still giving it a new sleeker twist.
    Very nice.

According to Guerlain, this bottle is only issued for the EdP. Must be splash then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Is this not the parfum? The title of the thread suggests its the EDP, but there is clearly no atomiser inside this bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Rumour tells that the limited "Ode a la Vanille" edition will also be in this bottle. It will be an expensive autumn
    I agree! My birthday is coming up and I know I'll be marching over to Guerlain to at least take a look at this beauty and give Ode de la Vanilla a sniff.
    I love the new look. Is that a smoky-colored glass?

Spray bottles are usually photoshopped; it just looks cleaner and prettier without any disturbing tubing. But yes, this could actually be a splash bottle (though I doubt it).

I think you are right tott. Spray bottles are never advertised with the tube inside.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Spray bottles are usually photoshopped; it just looks cleaner and prettier without any disturbing tubing. But yes, this could actually be a splash bottle (though I doubt it).

That bottle is better than the recent one, but it won't do a thing to forgive the obscene tweaking of the juice, sadly.

heart of ice

Gorgeous!

I think you are right tott. Spray bottles are never advertised with the tube inside.
    Unless it's an integral part of the design like on the Dior Homme bottle...

Guerlain did an excellent job at making the tube virtually invisible on Idylle. Let's hope it's a new trend...

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Unless it's an integral part of the design like on the Dior Homme bottle...

Guerlain did an excellent job at making the tube virtually invisible on Idylle. Let's hope it's a new trend...
    It probably is. Francis Kurkdjian's line also has these practically invisible tubes. When I first saw the bottles in person, I was surprised that they were splash bottles...

Basenotes Plus

I have noticed this on quite a few new bottles, my bottle of A Travers le Miroir has a tube that is nearly undetectable.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

That bottle is stunning. I want to cup my hands around it and hold it up to the light.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

I love the sleek lines, very elegant.
    I do think the proportions of the vintage bottle are better. Especially the foot looks out of proportion and unstable.

Thank you for posting!

I like the modern cut on the old vintage bottles. I really despise the "bat" shape...

This is a good change, IMO.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Basenotes Institution

It's wonderful - good job Jade Jagger ! Good bye horrible old bottle ! I'm happy ! it's gorgeous !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

That's a beauty

The bottle is gorgeous, but there is no need for this:

Jade Jagger, as the daughter of model Bianca and legendary rocker Mick Jagger, is the encapsulation of modern glamour. Artist, interior designer, and curator of jewellery and fashion collections, Jagger is a true renaissance woman; a multi-skilled, jet setting and exotic citizen of the world. Who better, then, to redesign another work of art: the iconic perfume bottle of Shalimar.

Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Basenotes Institution

I have been holding off on purchasing Shalimar EdP, so this might just push me over the edge to buy it.
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

It's a beautiful bottle, does anyone know when it will be available in stores?

I want bottle more and more everytime i get into this thread!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    It's a beautiful bottle, does anyone know when it will be available in stores?
    Reports say September 2010
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Reports say September 2010
    Thanks!! I'll be watching for it!

Alas no... and that pedestal is still too teensy for my liking.

Thanks for that live report Dimi! You're right, that tube is more than visible And yes, standing like that the foot looks strangely small, as if it could easily tip...