Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Texas

Saw this article from Houston Press yesterday. A search brought up nothing. Funny stuff but interesting scent

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...as_perfume.php

​CultureMap, which gets all of the very finest press releases that plebes like us don't, has news on a new, exclusive Texas perfume about to go on sale at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Bond No. 9 (Motto: "Be mysterious, like our idiotic name") will have a limited Texas edition of 400 bottles, whose arrival will be celebrated by the state's first lady August 25. Because if there's anything a governor's wife should be celebrating in these economic times, it's a $360 bottle of toilet water.

Bond No. 9, we're told, will smell like Texas. And what does Texas smell like?

"Southwestern notes of warm vanilla, aromatic cardamom, East Indian vetiver and musk," we're told. But you probably knew that anyway.

Unless you live near Pasadena.

CultureMap's analysis detected notes of leather and "a hint of Shalimar." (Yeah, you can take the time to go google Shalimar. It's more than we can be bothered to do.)

Somehow we don't see this as fitting our version of what Texas smells like. Here are some fragrances we think any Texas perfume should include:

1. The whiff of the doctor's office where you go to get Botoxed before the latest charity fundraiser.

2. A hint of the pungent flop sweat that emanates from Tony Romo at clutch time.

3. That sweet aroma that hits Deer Park when the wind is blowing from the refineries.

4. Barbecue. Lots of smoky barbecue, the kind that lingers in your clothes for hours.

5. The most rare fragrance of all: the smell of Carlos Lee's sweat on those rare occasions he creates it.

6. The heady bouquet that comes from the exclusive French wines served at UT tailgaters.

7. And a whiff of the just-runny-enough Brie served there, too.

8. Drank. Szzyrup. Whatever they're calling it now, you need to have this.

9. Just a hint of Rick Perry's hairspray.

10. Bug spray. Just to make the stuff at least a little bit useful.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 17th August 2010 at 08:43 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Texas

Can any one explain to me what is the connection between NY and Texas, two states on the opposite spectrum of the American cultural landscape ? I half expect a shot of Laurice Rahme sporting a size XXXL cowboy hat and cowboy boots with garish sparklies to promote this fragrance..
    -

Maybe it smells like Stetson?
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

That Bottle Rocks!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post

Does that mean it's a feminine fragrance?

Please explain.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

According to a post at The Scented Salamander,
    The perfume opens on notes of mandarin, bergamot, black currant, pineapple leaves. It develops into a heart of jasmine, gardenia, Hedione, neroli and lily of the valley. The base notes rest on vanilla, vetiver, cardamom, musk and oakmoss.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Seeking oil field money? Could Neiman Marcus have asked for a Texas-themed scent?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Bottle looks like Puerto Rico.

^Word, take that b!tch to the parade!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurice Rahme

Southwestern notes of warm vanilla, aromatic cardamom, East Indian vetiver and musk,"

.gif-masters please edit Laurice's pudgy face into that .gif at the end of each loop....plzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    That Bottle Rocks!!!
    Gary
    Being in Texas all my life, I do too.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

In a way, this makes total sense. Not in the NY/Texas way, but because Texas (at least the cities) looooove their shopping. I'm originally from Houston, and they've raised conspicuous consumption to an artform rarely seen elsewhere. If ever there was a perfect fit for Bond No 9, Texas is it.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ^Word, take that b!tch to the parade!!!

.gif-masters please edit Laurice's pudgy face into that .gif at the end of each loop....plzzzzzzz
    Did I miss something here? Were some posts deleted?
    -

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Does that mean it's a feminine fragrance?

Please explain.
    First, let me state that I love the great state of Texas!

Then, let me explain the pic. It is a tribute to Garry Trudeau's 'all hat-no cattle' depiction of an empty hat (with asterisk) featured in the Doonsbury cartoon strip of a few years ago.

Also, since I have lost a lot of respect for the business practices of Bond No. 9 I thought it appropriate to display it using the above pic to display that lack of respect.

Let's just say that the pic represents what I think of Bond No.9 for their bullying of small decant businesses
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Even the bottles are beginning to look cheap. At some point it starts to cross the line between unique, quirky bottles and what the 3rd grade girls' cell phones look like. ^^^^^^^ That is what a 3rd grade girls' cell phones looks like.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    That Bottle Rocks!!!
    Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Being in Texas all my life, I do too.
    I like it, too. Doubt that I'll ever smell the scent, but I would be hopeful based on the description.

As for that list of strange, funny stuff in the first post - it's been done. Lonestar Memories.

Now that I think about it, it does make sense..Dallas and Houston are now very diverse megapolises, two of the nations largest cities, and Austin is little California in the South. Ignoring the little hilly billy redneck areas of Texas, I do see a NY connection..
    -

I, for one, look forward to the next in the series: Bond No. 9 Branson. A mixture of all the scents that used to be popular.

*runs to put on some Bond No. 9 Disney World*
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Now that I think about it, it does make sense..Dallas and Houston are now very diverse megapolises, two of the nations largest cities, and Austin is little California in the South. Ignoring the little hilly billy redneck areas of Texas, I do see a NY connection..
    ...although I have to admit that a Piney Woods scent could be just great if they kept it in tune with the name!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I, for one, look forward to the next in the series: Bond No. 9 Branson. A mixture of all the scents that used to be popular.

*runs to put on some Bond No. 9 Disney World*
    LOL

...hahahahaha... I don't know.... that might be pushing it....

Blog Entries

Has anyone actually tried the juice?

I would be very interested in hearing the verdict...