Code of Conduct

Default Vetiver Lovers and others, your opinions please...

Greetings everyone!

Last week I asked for your opinion on Andy Tauer's Vetiver Dance, which several of you slammed. Haha! This week I am sampling Diptyque's Vetyverio. I would love to hear your opinions of this "different take" on vetiver. Let the reviews begin!
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Vetiver Lovers and others, your opinions please...

Haven't tried it yet, but I have a sample on the way.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Diptique Vetiver is not that "diffirent take" on vetiver. It is a "not too much vetiver there" vetiver scent, which I really like. This vetiver is for people who start enjoying vetiver. It is fresh, not too loud, complex enough to be a good vetiver scent. Fresh citrus notes then comes to drydown with pure vetiver, rose, woody notes...quite interesting and also romantic. The sillage and longervity are about 6 hours on me.

Thank you chocolateguy. That helps me to understand this unique fragrance better. Anyone else out there who has tried Diptyque Vetyverio?
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I think it's pretty unique, and I'm sampling it for the first time tonight. It's very well blended, and reminds me a bit of Fat Electrician, but there aren't that many notes they share in common. If I concentrate up close I can pull out the mandarin which is a unique note to me at least.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 18th August 2010 at 02:02 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Thank you chocolateguy. That helps me to understand this unique fragrance better. Anyone else out there who has tried Diptyque Vetyverio?
    How about you, Rosehavn, you're the one wearing/experiencing it, how about your thoughts straight from your nose, so to speak. I haven't smelled the stuff myself, but I know it's kind of hard to ask how high when someone says "jump to review what I'm wearing!"
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    How about you, Rosehavn, you're the one wearing/experiencing it, how about your thoughts straight from your nose, so to speak. I haven't smelled the stuff myself, but I know it's kind of hard to ask how high when someone says "jump to review what I'm wearing!"
    Huh? Translation please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Huh? Translation please.
    Lol he's just asking what you think of it.

I actually like this one quite a bit, I love the way the vetiver and rose play together as it drys down. Vetiver Extraordinaire is still my favorite vetiver to date though.