Code of Conduct

Smile Any formulas/recipes to make a fragrance similar to Armani Mania, Code, or AquaDiGio for men?

Hey everyone! I am new here and just read the stickies about making your own fragrances... what a cool, cool subject.

I was at a mall yesterday looking at all the colognes for men. As I was trying out the colognes on the small papers they have for testing the aroma, I came across the Armani Mania. I really liked it and tried it on. It suited me perfectly, smelled great.... however I can't afford the price tag.

Then as I was leaving the mall, I thought maybe theres a forum of people who make fragrances.... and here I am. What a cool website!

So... anyone have an idea or formula to make a fragrance similar as possible to Armani Mania or even any Armani cologne?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any formulas/recipes to make a fragrance similar to Armani Mania, Code, or AquaDiGio for men?

Welcome, DangerClose!

Here's the thing: even if you could come up with a formula to (nearly) duplicate a particular scent you love, you would have to spend money on the ingredients. And these aren't cheap!

A few years back I thought I could concoct something close to a discontinued perfume I loved. I bought a bunch of oils and mixed away, and what I came up with (based on the fragrance notes) was nothing at all like the original. I had fun, mind you, but my point is that I didn't succeed in copying it at all, and spent a bundle in the process.

Do It Yourself is a great way to be creative, but in my opinion, you are unlikely to be satisfied with your product if you are trying to copy Mania or any other specific perfume. You may be better off saving up and buying the one you love online where your price may be lower.

(But far be it from me to discourage DIYing in general.)

Default Re: Any formulas/recipes to make a fragrance similar to Armani Mania, Code, or AquaDiGio for men?

Armani Mania has now been discontinued and although there are some remaining stocks on the internet it will only be a matter of time before stocks have ended. Two questions:

Is there a fragrance maker/ designer who can re-create this subtle men's fragrance?

If not is there a fragrance on the market which is very similar?