Code of Conduct

Default Any information of cashmere wood?

Hey guys:

OK, so I'm researching a frag's note pyramid, and notice that one of the notes is
    cashmere woods? So, I'm curious what cashmere wood really is. Not much info was available online, but I'm led to believe that cashmere wood isn't really a wood at all.
    It's just some fragrance term that is a combo of cedarwood, amber, musk, and vanilla.
    Why was it deemed necessary to fabricate a wood? And how does goat's wool become synominus with an oriental wood note anyway?

Default Re: Any information of cashmere wood?

Good Scents Company doesn't have an entry for it which leads me to believe you are right about it not really being a wood. There are a lot of terms of art for various combinations of fragrance ingredients (African Musk: nothing to do with Africa!) and this could very well be one of them

When I see cashmere wood mentioned, I'm not certain, but I just assume that it's an accord of cashmeran musk, iso-e-super, and the woody ambers such as karanal, bois ambrene forte, cedramber, etc.

For a good idea of what cashmeran smells like, I think a good example is Encre Noire-- that musky, woody, rain on warm pavement note smells like cashmeran to my nose. It sometimes can accentuate the rootiness of vetivers.

I think it is a newish molecule or mixture from one of the big companies. It suddenly seemed to turn up in many recent men's releases.....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Cashmere wood is not a wood. Cashmere Woods with an "s" is a trademark of Glade and is a fall limited edition fragrance. You can get a smell at your local drug store or market. This does not help you much in your quest. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Les K View Post
    Cashmere wood is not a wood. Cashmere Woods with an "s" is a trademark of Glade and is a fall limited edition fragrance. You can get a smell at your local drug store or market. This does not help you much in your quest. Sorry.
    Funny you mention Glade. The day at work, when I was talking about the Cashmere Wood, there was a Glade commercial where they mentioned the Cashmere Woods.

Cashmere woods differ slightly from company to company. Essentially they are a blend of certain oils like the one below. IFF has it's synthetic version with its own trademarked name.

wiki answer:

Cashmere woods, as used in fragrance, is a collective term usually a blend of oils such as cedarwood, amber, musk and vanilla.

There are also synthetic versions of this as listed on the IFF site:

They have trademarked it Cashmeran -

http://www.iff.com/Ingredients.nsf/0...256993002F3AF4

Hope this helps!
    " Nothing can be known - not even this..." - Carneades