Code of Conduct

Question Help! need neutral soaps, shampoos, deodorants that won't cover natural & complementary scents

Hello,

I've been reading in some of the threads here, esp. from female basenoters with discriminating noses, about how many women appreciate a man's natural aroma with or without enhancement by a fragrance and was thinking about my own experiences. I once met a great girl, great personality and great looking too, but stopped asking her out because I didn't like her smell; it wasn't body odor because she was very clean, but I just didn't jive with her scent so I think I know what you guys mean.

The only comments I've ever gotten is that I smell 'clean' and 'right out of the shower' and am realizing it's probably because I'm active so I use a strong deodorant, use a deodorant soap, and a nice smelling shampoo so no wonder women can't smell 'me' or colognes I try: I probably smell like the detergent aisle of the supermarket!

So I need some recommendations on some neutral soaps and shampoos that don't smell and won't dry out my skin so I can give these scents a real try.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Default Re: Help! need neutral soaps, shampoos, deodorants that won't cover natural & complementary scents

Jeff, posts like this fine one usually belong in the grooming forum. Mods might move it there too.

I don't know, I really try to save money on soaps and so forth, and I find that soaps really don't leave a scent or involve themselves with "my scent" for very long.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.