Code of Conduct

Default Help me choose some samples on the lucky scent

Hello everyone,
    just discovered,thanks to the forum,the lucky scent web site.Looking forward to ordering some samples from it but need suggestions on what to choose.I'll list some of my favorite fragrances and I hope you can point me to the right direction )))))
    So,the most memorable fragrances for the last couple of years were: D&G The One and Gucci Pour Homme II. I also liked Very Irresistible by Givenchy.My last one,London by Burberry,was also OK.
    So,what's your suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me choose some samples on the lucky scent

Van Cleef & Arpels - Cologne Noire Eau de Parfum

Mark Birley For Men

Le Labo - Rose 31

The above are all woody fragrances. Minimally, try the Rose 31 if only because it's discussed so frequently around here.

Gendarme - Gendarme Eau de Cologne - Ultra clean, soapy, clean sheets

All of these are pleasant fragrances, easy to like for the beginning nose
    Last edited by adonis; 17th August 2010 at 08:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While I'm sure many people here will suggest some hardcore niche stuff, which is Luckyscent's specialty, it might be a huge jump from D&G The One to Timbuktu or Lutens.

I'd say either start off with the friendlier niche stuff like Creed (Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Original Vetiver, and maybe Bois du Portugual as a good example of their classic) and maybe By Kilian's Back To Black. The Comme des Garcons Incense line is just the right amount of weird, especially if you like woody scents.

If you're interested in Basenote's Greatest Hits, you might also check out Serge Lutens Chergui (probably the easiest of the line) and Tauer's L'Eau Du Desert Marocain. Amouage Jubilation XXV is another big hit here, as is Diptyque's Tam Dao. Also, everyone loves Le Labo Rose 31.

With that, you'll at least know a bunch of the really obscure frags that everyone talks about here all the time. And they're all quite good and worth a sniff...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Based on the scents you like I can recommend:

Amouage Reflection - Have you ever wondered what heaven might smell like? Well, this is it. I've never again had a scent related experience that compares to my first sniff of this. This is clean smelling and yet very very refined and luxurious. The composition is unique and evolves considerably over the course of the day, but it's not as ostensibly "far out there" as so many niche scents can be. In other words, this scent is easier to like than some of the downright weird niche like say, Serge Noire, which can smell a bit like grilled onions and fireplace ashes mixed with cinnamon. Reflection however always smells extremely elegant and luxurious, and shares notes and feel with both Gucci PH II and The One. Larzwiz, a member here who absolutely loves GPH II recently discovered Reflection and absolutely loves it as well, too. I say that only because it lends some credence to the idea that someone who loves GPH II and The One is very likely to also enjoy, if not love, Reflection. Luckyscent does a nice write up of Reflection that I feel is pretty accurate - http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...ction_Man.html

Since you love Gucci PH II (cinnamon/violet) and The One (orange blossom, ginger, woods), I'd highly recommend you check out Matire Parfumeur et Gantier's Bois de Turquie ( http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...e_Turquie.html ). It features an opening of spices and orange blossom, a heart of violet/iris and also a spice presence with ginger and bay leaf and cinnamon (even tho cinnamon isn't listed, there is something that smells cinnamon like), over a base of light woods and incense. This scent has about the same sweetness/elegance levels as Gucci PH II and The One, another reason I think you may really like it.

Those two are, in my opinion, two of the finest scents out of the 350+ that I've sniffed. They are generally well liked around here, too, although Bois de Turquie hasn't gotten much exposure yet. A lot of people on the boards have been discovering Reflection lately and absolutely loving it, and I think you will too. Hope that helps!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Check out Cuir Ottoman for a nice floral leather.

Whoa,those are some great responses!!! I'm already in love with this forum! Thank you,I'll definitely order a lot of samples

Post Thanks / Like

Amouage Epic, Dia, and Silver
    Frapin Caravelle Epicee
    Creed Erolfa, and Himalaya

Post Thanks / Like

I was in your position a couple of months ago and now I just have my work checks sent directly to luckyscent.com! Haha! I have sampled many fragrances and have found many that I like. I'm going to be conservative, and suggest you sample New York by Parfums de Nicolai. Here is the link to the BN reviews http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122067.html

A bottle of New York was my first niche fragrance after BN suggestions and samples from luckyscent.com.

Have fun sampling. I think it is almost as fun as buying full bottles.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

+1 on Parfums de Nicolai New York, a fantastic fragrance. I will also suggest Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange.

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion would be, check out all the brands in lucky scent. And in each brand, read the descriptions of the frags, and which ever fits your taste, get a sample or 2 (or more ).

Try: Serge Lutens, Amoauge, Montale, Parfumerie Generale, Parfum d'Empire, Parfums de Nicolai, By Kilian, Le Labo.....I have to stop or else I will be suggesting all of them. hahahaha

Get those samples that you cannot find in your area.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I recommend getting a sample of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Tea For Two, bearing in mind you enjoy Gucci PH II.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    My suggestion would be, check out all the brands in lucky scent. And in each brand, read the descriptions of the frags, and which ever fits your taste, get a sample or 2 (or more ).

Try: Serge Lutens, Amoauge, Montale, Parfumerie Generale, Parfum d'Empire, Parfums de Nicolai, By Kilian, Le Labo.....I have to stop or else I will be suggesting all of them. hahahaha

Get those samples that you cannot find in your area.

Lucky Scent does a great job with their descriptions. Dangerously so actually. But, it gives a "snap shot." See which catch your eye based on their descriptions, then check them out in the directory here or ask questions about specific scents.

Lucky Scent has such a huge selection, you'll want to narrow it down.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you get a sample of Idole by Lubin

Post Thanks / Like

-L'Artisan - Timbuktu
    -Comme des Garcons - 2 Man

Post Thanks / Like

- Mona di Orio - Les Nombres d’Or: Cuir
    - Agonist: The Infidels

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling you'll like Mark Buxton Black Angel.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense