Code of Conduct

Default have an obsession with with L'Artisan!

I cannot stop buying these, I just love this house. I have Verte Violette and Ananas Fizz so far and dozens of samples. I am trying to decide which of these to buy for my next purchase: Ete En Douce, Poivre Piquant, and Premier Figuier. Which do you like and why?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: have an obsession with with L'Artisan!

I like (and own) Premier Figuier because of its smoothly cool, dry texture. I love it in warm weather in particular-- although I see I haven't worn it as much this summer as last (getting to know my newer perfumes, I suppose.)

Post Thanks / Like

I love Poivre Piquent hot and spicy.

You really need to try the Iris Pallida, totally divine.
    DONNA

I have tried Iris Pallida, so pretty and I love the scent. Sadly, something in there gives me a headache.

Post Thanks / Like

Your obsession may wear off after a shorter period then expected... just like their frags

oh ZING!

ha, just kidding. I love the whole concept behind this lineup but the longevity issues make bottle purchases hard to justify IMO. Sigh.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

OMG isn't L'artisan amazing! I instigated my perfume obsession with Timbuktu and have been in love with it ever since. Next came, Ambre Extreme, Fou d'Absinthe, Voleur de Roses, Dzing, Tubereuse and Iris Pallida. My most recent loves are Al Oudh, Dzonghka, Fleur de Liane and The Pain d'Epices (Tea for Two room spray). I also have Fleur d'Oranger on the way! Can you tell I'm obsessed with this house. I plan to get Tea for Tea, Safran Troublant, Navegar, L'eau de Navagateur, Passage d'Enfer, Merchant Loupant and maybe Vanilla sometime during the next six month or so. I think the only way to justify those FB's is by finishing several! Lol!

Of the ones you mentioned, Poivre Piquant is my favorite - spicy and sexy and odd. My other favorites are Tea for Two, Dzing and Passage d'Enfer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have and love many L'Artisan scents, but my biggest loves would be DZING!, Dzongkha, Timbuktu, Bois Farine, Poivre Piquant and Voleur de Roses.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

I think females could pull off wearing Timbuktu. On me, it lasts hours and hours, almost like a good EDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Your obsession may wear off after a shorter period then expected... just like their frags

oh ZING!

ha, just kidding. I love the whole concept behind this lineup but the longevity issues make bottle purchases hard to justify IMO. Sigh.
    Shouldn't that be DZING!?

Sorry, couldn't resist

I absolutely adore L'Été en Douce. I just love the hay note and the way it is soft and warm and at the same time fresh and green. For me, this fragrance comes pretty close to perfect.

I also like Bois Farine! But I find it turns to peanut butter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mandyfin View Post
    I also like Bois Farine! But I find it turns to peanut butter
    Ha! That's part of what I love about it. (Although for me, the nut-like accord is strongest in the opening:
    nutty --> doughy --> woody.)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The best thing they've ever done is their scent for Aedes de Venustas - don't forget it!

My co-worker wore Premier Figuier yesterday and it smelled marvelous on her...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned almost all of their scents and have sold/given all away. The only one still in production I kept is Passage d'Enfer which is a work of art.
    The other scent by them I still own has been discontinued for the better part of 15 years or so, that is L'eau des Merveilleuses which is magnificent.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser ŕ sa source

Post Thanks / Like

Passage de Enfer cold incense and lilies, love it and it has great sillage(well on me it does).
    Drole de Rose lovely violet and rose fragrance actually quite rich and lush.
    Tea For Two, well gingerbread and hot tea on a cold day spicy. Yummy.

The figs and musk from L'Artisan I actually prefer as candles(their candles are just gorgeous).
    DONNA