Code of Conduct

Default A way to butch up Carnal Flower

I was one of those who thought FM's Carnal Flower was one of the best offerings from the house, but its feminine quality stopped me from pulling the trigger. Although i admired its beauty, i was still very self conscious about wearing it. I went in my basement where my frags are kept and picked up my small sample of Carnal Flower, i thought to myself 'there must be a way that i can wear this!' so i tried to fine the most masculine scent i have.... Jo Malone's 154, i layered the two and HOLY COW!!! the result was astonishing!!! anyone who has these two scents try it, its perfect for the man who loves Carnal Flower but finds it too feminine.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: A way to butch up Carnal Flower

Blasphemy!

Hey if it works for you, that is what matters. I personally love Carnal Flower just the way it is. It is one of my favorite fragrances.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 18th August 2010 at 01:38 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think it's cool to discover a layering combo that works for you. I would rather see somebody layer
    a niche frag than just have it go to waste. Looks like you designed a floral vanilla. I wonder how it smells?
    Maybe a bit like YSL L'Homme?

Looks like you designed a floral vanilla. I wonder how it smells?

Thats exactly how it smells! the floral is right there at the top, neither scent is toned down, but the woods and vanilla is poking through the tuberose, different, but very enjoyable! for me anyway!

Just rock it with mad swagger .... works for me

^+1, nobody will ever know.

Peoples' noses are not as good as we give them credit for when we fret about what they think about our scents.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

Way to butch it up = apply lightly and don't worry about what other people think about your fragrance, life's too short

Hmmm.....maybe layer it with Rochas Mustache??

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I don't know why but when I first read the topic, I read it as ...A way to butcher up Carnal Flower. Lol.

Funny...... there are many men who find carnal flower slightly too feminine, this is simply a suggestion they can try by adding a slight masculine edge to it and still have it smell appealing. Clearly this does not apply to some of you, which is fine but this is for some men who dislike smelling slightly over floral but can appreciate the quality in this fragrance.

I was alluding to this same concept in one of my earlier threads. Kenzo Power is another example. The average person isn't going to say, "Wow, that masculine flower is really unique and wonderful". They're going to say, "Who's wearing the girly perfume?"
    So, I applaude anyone for suggesting something like this, expecially if the experiment was a success in your opinion. Could anyone really be ridiculed at work for layering, unless the concept was really ill conceived?

Secretions Magnifique? =]

Quote Originally Posted by AyelFior View Post
    Secretions Magnifique? =]
    Coitus Flower?