Code of Conduct

Default Help Identifying a Nordstrum Fragrance ~2004

I have a sample that I fell in love with but the label wore off and I'm nowhere in vicinity of a Nordstrums now. I would so appreciate your assistance, and if I find the bottle, would be glad to share samples with my helper!

The color is a light pale yellow with a green tinge. It has low silage and is a soft, tender romantic fragrance. Very unoffensive. Not overly-floral, nothing perceptively unusual. If the scent had a color makes me think of pale yellow, like a breezy spring day.

Initially, comes on with a citrusy nose: lemon, grapefruit/mandarin and bergamot, only a tad sweet. Then middle notes of marshmallow, rose, jasmine, and muguet emerge, eventually finishing into vanilla and vetiver notes which last for 8+ hours.

It bears some similarities to Hanae Mori H.M. (but MUCH MUCH softer) and Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea (but much less astringent). Given the similarity in composition, it was probably designed 1997-2000.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hillaire

Default Re: Help Identifying a Nordstrum Fragrance ~2004

Maybe it's Calyx

Calyx is far more fruity all the way through. Bit like wearing a fruit salad.

Chanel no19?
    DONNA

Perhaps if you posted a photo it would help with identification.

Privilege by Parfums Privilege?

Could it be GISELLE by Carla Fracci? That was a Nordstrom exclusive around that time and I do think think color was as you descibed. Can't remember the notes exactly, but it was lovely.

Or maybe CARRIERE by Gendarme....another that seemed only available at Nordies at the time.

Thank you all so much for your kind replies. I will look at Giselle... it triggers some memory I can't quite remember... perhaps that is it. The Chanel was a good guess (I picked up some during that trip as well, but the labels for those are still intact). I also seem to remember looking at a Jessica McClintok fragrance- does that description work for any of them?

I have Calyx but it is much stronger and fruitier than this one. This definitely leans to the floral side but with lingering lemon, dewy green and vanilla notes.

Thank you once again for your kind replies.

I have just sampled a bunch of Jessica McClintock fragrances... the fragrance is similar to No 3 but much fruitier... I'm noticing berry notes... raspberry and maybe magnolia. Still looking and sampling...