Code of Conduct

Default What ever happened to the marketplace that was available for each individual fragrance

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, as I'm not quite sure where to post this...but there used to be something here (in the fragrance directory), where you could just go and see per individual fragrance, who in the community had it on their swap/sell/want list. I remember this because it really just cut to the chase so quickly, and you could just see a list of people who had the fragrance that you wanted, and who wanted it swapped or sold. I would love to have this again sometime, and think a lot of other people would, as well.

Default Re: What ever happened to the marketplace that was available for each individual fragrance

+1.

Imagine if you want to trade/sell a bottle, or doing a flacon/bottle split - just search for everyone that has it on their wishlist...
    Or if I wanted to buy a bottle and someone had a section in their wardrobe for "selling/trading"

In theory all the data's there in the background.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: What ever happened to the marketplace that was available for each individual fragrance

That was actually a feature? It sounds amazing, especially the "setting up a split" part, but it sounds like a nightmare to code.

I have a feeling we'll never see it though, seeing as how long it's taking just to get the longevity part of fragrances/wardrobes (not that I'm knocking them, the community and fragrance list is huge, and it's no simply task).
    Last edited by Smeghead; 18th August 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Sur la Plage

I don't remember this feature.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I don't remember this feature.
    It was when you would look up a fragrance in the directory. Right under the fragrance name, there would be something like: 22 members want to swap/sell this fragrance, 7 members have this on their wish list, etc. I think it was probably a couple years ago, but I remember it pretty clearly.

Come on, guys. I can't be the ONLY person who remembers this!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    It was when you would look up a fragrance in the directory. Right under the fragrance name, there would be something like: 22 members want to swap/sell this fragrance, 7 members have this on their wish list, etc. I think it was probably a couple years ago, but I remember it pretty clearly.

Come on, guys. I can't be the ONLY person who remembers this!
    It must have been before I joined - or I may just have not noticed it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I remembered this function but to be honest, I used it and it wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be. Most members don't update their wardrobe. You end up PMing someone and they usually say they no longer need or want the scent.

It also didn't auto update. So if you took something off your wishlist it will still under the list for members to PM you. The feature was more a hassle than anything.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 18th August 2010 at 10:25 PM.

It's before my time, but I've seen it referred to in this post:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/255...robe-Wish-List

which also says it may be coming back when Grant overhauls the wardrobes feature.

Sounds like a very useful feature!

I remember it, but that was several board upgrades ago, so it might no longer be a part of the board. What I want to know is when the longevity section in out wardrobes will be fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I would love to have this again sometime, and think a lot of other people would, as well.
    I'm one of them! It was great having a kind of nexus between the directory, wardrobes and marketplace.

By the way, there's a thread here with good information in it about wardrobes: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...-now-available
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin