Code of Conduct

Thread: Ever try this..

Question Ever try this..

This is gonna sound mental. Sometimes I take a few dabs of a fragrance and gently and carefully stick it in my nostrils, or if I have an empty decant/sample of a fragrance I'll just shove it up my nose. Like while at the computer or something..

Not so much in my nostrils, rather at the bottom canal, where if you put your pinky on it, it's technically outside and not internal.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Ever try this..

Um...no.

IMO this is just too close to my nose and will easily fatigue my olfactory perceptions.

I like fragrance as much as the next guy but that's.. a bit much. Many scents would give me a headache that way, and olfactory fatigue to boot.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Isn't that what those eye-dropper things are for? so you can get right up in the nose?

ok, I guess you could always lie back and use those funnels instead.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

That is olfactory overdose!!! LOL

Sur la Plage

But I was clearly on the outer edge of the nostril!

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

LOL. Fragrance nuts that we are, this still borders on the ridiculous. Maybe fragrances should come in inhaler sizes too...

No! That's crazy!

But I DID do a line of my Gucci Envy bodywash once.....

Wow, no, I've never really thought of doing that. I think it'd just be too much all the time without a break. Like strapping a Glade Plug-in to your chest!
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    No! That's crazy!

But I DID do a line of my Gucci Envy bodywash once.....
    Well at least you didn't use this: http://www.fragrancesupplier.com/bod...st&g=W&b=ANGEL

"Officer, it's just some Angel dust on my nose. No.. wait, you don't understand! I got this idea from a website... they said it was sure to be a good time.. i mean... er.. ugh!... daaaamn you Basenotes!!!"
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Sitting in front of your computer with empty samples sticking out of your nose...
    I'm speechless after typing that sentence. No offence.

I'm going to take to drinking large quantities of my SotD, such that I can sweat it out of every pore.

edit: Hmm, just realized that the high alcohol content could make this a fun ride.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I love to get high on perfume

It is a bit out of the ordinary!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    Sitting in front of your computer with empty samples sticking out of your nose...
    I'm speechless after typing that sentence. No offence.
    That really made me laugh Great mental image.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

No, but I do occasionally dab water where I had sprayed earlier to re-activate my fragrance, if you will. Am I nuts too?

uh no 0_O I too am kind of just going, what?

Of course! Sometimes I stick a different sample strip in each nostril to see if it would be a good layering combo.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I asked the local tattoo parlor if they'd mix some Reflection Man 50/50 with their ink before getting a set of sleeves, but alas they wouldn't, and so I remain inkless.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    "Officer, it's just some Angel dust on my nose. No.. wait, you don't understand! I got this idea from a website... they said it was sure to be a good time.. i mean... er.. ugh!... daaaamn you Basenotes!!!"
    hahahahahahahaha

but seriously, you're all pansies, i put my contactlenses in with knize 10 and take my MKK intravenously
    I take a bottle of wine and I go drink it among the flowers.
    We are always three ... counting my shadow and my friend the shimmering moon
    Happily the moon knows nothing of drinking, and my shadow is never thirsty
    When I sing, the moon listens to me in silence. When I dance, my shadow dances too.
    After all festivities the guests must depart. This sadness I do not know.
    When I go home, the moon goes with me and my shadow follows me

Li Po - II bc

lol I've never done this either.....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    This is gonna sound mental. Sometimes I take a few dabs of a fragrance and gently and carefully stick it in my nostrils, or if I have an empty decant/sample of a fragrance I'll just shove it up my nose. Like while at the computer or something..

Not so much in my nostrils, rather at the bottom canal, where if you put your pinky on it, it's technically outside and not internal.
    Just don't shove it up your.... hmmm......it could break....but smell nice too!?

The closest thing I've done to that is smell an empty creed sample and that more to try to remember what it smelled like not to... err enjoy it while doing idle task. I am guilty of putting a fragrance on my lip though. That's weird but I was getting tired of lifting my hand lol. I've never done that on a regular basis either.

I can say I have never done this before.....never.....and I never will.....Gary

I think i understand what you are trying to describe in your last sentence. You have to bring a sample close to even smell it because the opening is so small. I dont smell a sample tho, i put it on. I do spray a strip and most of the time i accidentally touch it to my nose while its still wet and ruin any possibility of trying another frag for a few hours.

I`m just wondering if the fragrance choose for this strange thing was Nasomatto Black Afgano, Cannabis Santal, Cannabis Rose or Coze from Parfumerie Generale (that uses hemp as one of the fragrance notes)

Hey Cologneist, just a recommendation....stay away from airplane model glue....you might like the way it smells...and then one thing will lead to another and Im afraid what you may try!
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Blog Entries

LOL! i mean ive accidentally got some on my nose from sniffing too close right after spraying, and ive certainly smelled empty samplers but never have i done THAT. I read the "samples in nose" and laughed pretty hard at the mental image

Never noticed myself doing that, but it might have still happened (and I mean it seriously, especially when I was particularly smitten with a certain fragrance) unintentionally to me, as I got increasingly carried away by the fragrance notes...

I have done the "nostril-edge maneuver" with essential oil; wetting the rims/upper lip with a finger dabbed in the fragrance.

The weirdest fragrance thing that's happened at some point in my life is intentionally or unintentionally getting it in my mouth. The notes definitely don't taste like they smell.