Code of Conduct

Default Chanel's Bleu (the oldie)

yes, in the great tradition of completely forgetting fragrances from the past, we have to remind people of a heady aldehydic floral, sister of chanel No.5 created in the 30s:

Chanel

Bleu (for women, discontinued) -not to be confused with the new for men Bleu de Chanel)-
    date: early 1930s.

it was created along with other also forgotten scents by the house like Rouge.

cheers!

Default Re: Chanel's Bleu (the oldie)

Been there aaaaages http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123505.html !

cheers

Well, i should've looked better I'm sorry Grant!

and i've made such an unnecessary fuss about it, feel free to delete the thread
    Last edited by castorpollux; 19th August 2010 at 02:29 AM.

I'd rather you make a fuss! At least it's a way of me double checking (as I wasnt 100% sure it was in there until I looked), I think the preceding 'le' makes it difficult. Do you know if there was a 'le'?

What I know is that, legally, the scent is called "Le 1940 Bleu de Chanel" by Chanel, and i know that even if it says 1940 it's actually made in 1930s because it was supposed to be a future look on fragrances "too advanced for that era"...

last bottle i saw was at an auction early this year and it sold as a package of scents for a hefty price together with "Le 1940 Beige de Chanel" and "Le1940 Rouge de Chanel" but everyone kept calling them bleu, rouge etc, as far as i know, the ads from that era also called them only bleu, rouge etc not even with the "le"...

i thought at the time that the bottles looked suspiciously like the classic bottle design of the Balenciaga line, but then i remembered that most old bottles were copied (or even made by the same glass company) and that was ok, it's not like nowadays with all the copyright issues everywhere.