Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default English Pear & Freesia Cologne by Jo Malone

The review at The Scented Salamander intrigues me ('The pear itself is one of the deeper and woodier pear notes available on the market, but still with a clean, sudsy facet; the hint of seemingly camphor wood (unlisted) in it adds a touch of cool fall air while accentuating the calm character of the anchoring woods... ') as does the list of notes (pear, quince, green rhubarb, white freesias, wild roses, patchouli, white amber & musks) and the perfumer who created it Christine Nagel (Eau de Cartier, A*Men Pure Coffee, Miroir des Envies).

Anyone try this yet?

Default Re: English Pear & Freesia Cologne by Jo Malone

Haven't tried it, but we were just out for a walk in the neighborhood and we passed by a quince tree loaded with fruit, and I wondered to myself if any perfumes featured a quince note. I guess there's at least one!

Edit: more than one, a quick search of basenotes reveals. None that I've ever smelled, however...
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Basenotes Institution

This one sounds very appealing - I like pear notes ! Must try .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I love pears and Christine Nagel, I guess I need to try this one. Thanks for the tip Mike.

I purchased it this past Saturday

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    I purchased it this past Saturday
    How would you describe it TJMAC?

Initially, I get freshly sliced pear, within a few minutes a strong floral note (freesia) appear to compliment the pear. As it dries down a woodsy and dry leaf notes joins the mix. It tones down the floral notes and gives off an orchard type scent. I dont pick up the white amber much and just a little bit of musk.
    Very reminiscent to me of crisp autumn days of growing up in Ohio. This is what sold me on it. At first it came off feminine, but with the drydown it turned into a fuller bodied fragrance, which I dont get from many Jo Malone offerings.

This is my scent of the day for me today. Oddily enough, my wife is wearing it too. She has it layered with JM Nectarine Blossom & Honey. A combination my SA recommended and supplied us with samples to try with. She just texted me to let me know how many compliments she has recieved today. Thats how I knew she was wearing MY frag!

I have worn it alone and I have tried it layered with JM Blue Agave & Cocao. This is a nice combo. The SA had the 2 offerening layered on him with the addition of Verbenas Of Provence. It was nice, but too feminine for my taste.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks

Coincidence: When I asked my question earlier, I was thinking about when I used to own a bottle of Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne, and how much I loved wearing it. And then this afternoon, I ate two nectarines and it made me think of the fragrance too. And now I read your post and you mentioned it. Whoa.