Code of Conduct

Default Le Male vs Cuba Gold vs 360 White

I'm not sure if there's ever been a head to head to head comparison of the three on here before, but I really wanna discuss this, and get other peoples opinions as well.

As we all know, there are basically 2 Le Male followers. 360 White, and Cuba Gold. After not having Le Male in my collection for so many years, I began thinking Cuba Gold was a replica of it more or less. I always thought of 360 White as an overly synthetic/powdery mess. When actually, I'm starting to think otherwise. Dare I say.. Cuba Gold is the best of the 3. 360 White is more like Le Male. Cuba Gold gets rid of those somewhat nauseating chemical and synthetic concoctions and kicks it back old school a little. I can't explain what it is, but CG has an old school feel to it. Not to mention it feels richer, smells sweeter, but not the sickly sweet I get from the other 2, it's also more robust. Le Male is still excellent to me, but 360 White is just a mess.

My only complaint with CG is sometimes longevity is just horrible, but it may just be olfactory fatigue since the top notes are sweeter than Le Male's.

All I can say is that if you haven't tried Cuba Gold, get a bottle. Buy it blind, it's well worth it. It's better than Le Male.

Default Re: Le Male vs Cuba Gold vs 360 White

hey. i read in anotrher recent thread that CG was a great alternative to Le Male and it sells really cheap at Marshalls so i was planning to go get a bottle tomorrow.

Cuba Gold has some of that nauseating synthetic sandalwood stuff that you can also find in Floris Santal or Gucci Envy.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Th Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

personally i found Cuba Gold less similar to Le Male than 360 White. I feel 360 White smells more similar, but less sweet, and its a very pleasant smell in my opinion. Le male of course, still good, but out of the two, i'd rather pick white beacuse its a lot cheaper.

Hello guys, I am new here, and came after looking for some information about this Cuba Gold. I see it is very common in USA but not quite the same here in Italy....
    I eventually found a web site that can provide it to me, but I have to buy it blind.
    I have always many doubts when speaking about very chip frags, because It is true you spend basically nothing, but you have nothing, since they always completely disappear after few minutes.....
    So I really would like to know from you that already tryed it if it is like other cheap frags, I would say useless, or can smell it al least a couple of hours?
    Thanks

It looks like i need to take a trip to perfumania( where i can find all 3 of these) and smell them next to one another. When i do, i'll post my reply. I actually own and like jpg le male.

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    Hello guys, I am new here, and came after looking for some information about this Cuba Gold. I see it is very common in USA but not quite the same here in Italy....
    I eventually found a web site that can provide it to me, but I have to buy it blind.
    I have always many doubts when speaking about very chip frags, because It is true you spend basically nothing, but you have nothing, since they always completely disappear after few minutes.....
    So I really would like to know from you that already tryed it if it is like other cheap frags, I would say useless, or can smell it al least a couple of hours?
    Thanks
    Cuba Gold is a high quality fragrance at a frugal price. It's really very good, but as others have said, they find the opening to be too synthetically sweet. I happen to enjoy the opening, I think it separates it from those more powdery openings like Le Male and 360 White which is what makes me sick.. too much powder. Though Le Male, not nearly as bad. I can't guarantee you'll like Gold, but it definitely doesn't lack in quality. Having tried/owned others from the Cuba house, this one is by far the best, but all of their fragrances are good in their own way, depending on what you're looking for. Budget fragrances, Cuba Gold just happens to be one better than most of the budget frags. But, that's just my opinion. I can't wait until the cooler months roll around so I can start wearing this more.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Cuba Gold is a high quality fragrance at a frugal price. It's really very good, but as others have said, they find the opening to be too synthetically sweet. I happen to enjoy the opening, I think it separates it from those more powdery openings like Le Male and 360 White which is what makes me sick.. too much powder. Though Le Male, not nearly as bad. I can't guarantee you'll like Gold, but it definitely doesn't lack in quality. Having tried/owned others from the Cuba house, this one is by far the best, but all of their fragrances are good in their own way, depending on what you're looking for. Budget fragrances, Cuba Gold just happens to be one better than most of the budget frags. But, that's just my opinion. I can't wait until the cooler months roll around so I can start wearing this more.
    thanks man, of course everyone has personal taste, but I can resonably think It would be good in tasting for me, as I read it is similar to Le Male and Body Kouros. I love these two, so a mix between them would be great for me.
    I was wondering only about quality in general, and not about smell, because I want to avoid a generic chemical and synt frag, as they are all the chep ones around.....It seems you all agree about general quality of Cuba Gold, no matter of personal taste. Of course I don't demand big firms quality, 24hours lasting.....but just want to avoid a commond cheap frag that last few times and smell only synt.....
    thanks

I have a small bottle of Cuba Gold that I acquired in a trade. I'm no Le Male expert, but there are some differences in Gold and Le Male. I don't know what it is. Maybe there's more vanilla in Le Male...I dunno. Could be that though. I don't wear the Gold often, because at one point, I vowed never to own Le Male due to it's popularity, and since these two are so close, I feel somewhat similar about it as well.

I tried 360 White and found it very satisfying, probably moreso than Gold. It smelled a little smoother, closer to Le Male than Gold. At the end of the day, they're all nice, but the smell is just hugely popular. I don't wanna smell like every other guy in the room. I wanna be a little different. But these are all good fragrances for people who just wanna smell good and don't really care to be unique.

i tried 360 white on my skin last year after loving the smell from the bottle. it didn't do well on my skin though and i disliked the drydown. however, a buddy of mine got it recently and anytime he sprays it, it smells fantastic

In my opinion, Cuba Gold smells similar to Le Male but has its own richness and distinction. From a distance, a less experienced nose would think they were exactly the same, but I think there is definitely a "old school" richness in CG. I actually didn't like it much for this reason, and therefore, I tend to favor 360 White to CG. 360 White, on the other hand, is a cheaper (quality & cost) duplicate of the Le Male formula. It is smoother and easier on the nose, but it is not quite the beast that Le Male is. Le Male's sillage fills a hallway when people walk by wearing it. 360 White won't project as much but it still smells pleasant.

thanks man, of course everyone has personal taste, but I can resonably think It would be good in tasting for me, as I read it is similar to Le Male and Body Kouros. I love these two, so a mix between them would be great for me.
    I was wondering only about quality in general, and not about smell, because I want to avoid a generic chemical and synt frag, as they are all the chep ones around.....It seems you all agree about general quality of Cuba Gold, no matter of personal taste. Of course I don't demand big firms quality, 24hours lasting.....but just want to avoid a commond cheap frag that last few times and smell only synt.....
    thanks
    No prob..

Synthetic yes, cheap no. But the same applies to Le Male really. Very synthetic, but doesn't smell so cheap. 360 White though smells overly synthetic and overly cheap to me. I'm actually wanting to get rid of a brand new 1.7 oz bottle or to trade (need to update my swap thread) I'm not a fan of it at all.

I don't really necessarily associate synthetics with quality, because most frags are quite synthetic nowadays, even the far more expensive niche frags. If you want something that does smell more "real" You may wanna stick your nose into the Hermes fragrance house, or even Diptyque (overpriced niche) I personally can't say for sure that Cuba Gold is 100% grade A quality, but I think for the price (3.3 oz for 6-7 bucks) it's excellent and well rounded in every way possible.

LOL Sorry to seem so up tight, technical and specific. Anyways, if you do decide to purchase this, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and others

Blog Entries

I gotta add that of the Cuba scents I have, all last a long time on my skin.
    Cuba Paris has to be the best deal for your money.
    I remember waiting on the bus one day and I swear, this girl sitting next to me, her nostrils flared and she seemed to smell my Cuba Black, once we boarded the bus she followed me and sat right in front of me as if she was following my scent.
    I may be imagining things but I still remember the look in her eyes.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    I gotta add that of the Cuba scents I have, all last a long time on my skin.
    Cuba Paris has to be the best deal for your money.
    I remember waiting on the bus one day and I swear, this girl sitting next to me, her nostrils flared and she seemed to smell my Cuba Black, once we boarded the bus she followed me and sat right in front of me as if she was following my scent.
    I may be imagining things but I still remember the look in her eyes.

Wow!
    Black is a beast, but a bit too sweet and cloying for my taste. Reminds me of ApH's drydown sweetened up with huge projection and longevity. It makes me sick usually, but it's ok once in a while in small doses. I love ApH, but I love it exactly the way it's composed. If any fragrance were to emphasize on parts of it as Cuba black seems to (at least imo) I would be turned off. Having had/used/own ApH, keep in mind. Had I of not tried it before, I may have been more blown away, but to me Cuba black is just trying to be something too hard.

Thanks
    I didn't see it in Italy last year, but I saw it a lot in Croatia.
    I think it's a bit simple compared to Le Male, Body Kouros and other full priced sweet orientals.
    I gave mine away to my nephews (ages 10 and 16) who loved it, and who's teachers even liked it on them at school.
    Cuba Gold is definitely better than most of the cheap oriental scents around with names you've never heard of, but not up there with the better designers scents, in my opinion.
    Renato

P.S. On my last two trips to Italy, scents have been very expensive with hardly any discounting. I found the best deals were buying testers from the local hardware store where I was living - 32 Euro per 100ml bottle, regardless of which scent it was, including A*men.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    P.S. On my last two trips to Italy, scents have been very expensive with hardly any discounting. I found the best deals were buying testers from the local hardware store where I was living - 32 Euro per 100ml bottle, regardless of which scent it was, including A*men.
    yes man, here it is considered something for rich people....I think there are some bloody taxes on it....because otherwise I can't explain how is it possible that something made in France is more expensive in italy (which is close to france) than in USA that is on the other side of the planet....as far as I know, I can't find something made in USA that here is cheaper that in USA....hope I explained my though (sorry for my english, It is not my mother language, as you probably have already realized....). Anyway I don't uderstand what you mean for "hardware store" where you can find testers.....

Anyway, I bought Cuba Gold and waiting it will be shipped......I will let you know when I will try it...thanks everybody

I'm somewhat confused now. People talk about 'Cuba Gold' and I see it online... a big single cigar looking bottle. I scored 'Cubano Gold' at a Mashalls really cheap. the bottle looks like three cigars stuck together, not one. These aren't the same thing, correct? Is Cubano an even cheaper knock off of Cuba? I did a side by side smell of with Cubano Gold against my Le Male and it was nearly identical. I'm not the most experienced nose but side by side one on each wrist it's fairly easy to compare. It was the closest two different frags smelled alike I ever came across.

Never smelled 360 White so can't comment on it.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I havent smelled Cuba Gold, but have sampled Le Male and 360 White. From those two, Le Male smells nicer to me and sweeter. 360 actually made me a little ill. There was something about it that put me off to it. Maybe it was a little too much like straight powder without any vanillic sweetness or something?
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

yes man, here it is considered something for rich people....I think there are some bloody taxes on it....because otherwise I can't explain how is it possible that something made in France is more expensive in italy (which is close to france) than in USA that is on the other side of the planet....as far as I know, I can't find something made in USA that here is cheaper that in USA....hope I explained my though (sorry for my english, It is not my mother language, as you probably have already realized....). Anyway I don't uderstand what you mean for "hardware store" where you can find testers.....

Anyway, I bought Cuba Gold and waiting it will be shipped......I will let you know when I will try it...thanks everybody
    Hardware Store - where you buy nails, screws, hammers, pipes and attachments for plumbing. They also sold furniture, I bought a cupboard there. The store is called Cosma (or Cosmo) in Semonzo di Borso del Grappa, if you live anywhere near there.

You are right, some things are ridiculously expensive in Italy. I wanted to by some Hermesetas sweetner pills that are made in Switzerland. In Australia, the packet cost me A$3, but in Italy it costs about 5 Euros which at the time was about three times the price I paid at home.

On the other hand, supermarket prices for spirits and liqueurs are about one third the price in Italy than what they are in Australia. And cheap Italian liqueurs like Prugna which cost 7 Euros (A$10) over there for a big bottle, cost me A$50 down here.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Hardware Store - where you buy nails, screws, hammers, pipes and attachments for plumbing. They also sold furniture, I bought a cupboard there. The store is called Cosma (or Cosmo) in Semonzo di Borso del Grappa, if you live anywhere near there.

You are right, some things are ridiculously expensive in Italy. I wanted to by some Hermesetas sweetner pills that are made in Switzerland. In Australia, the packet cost me A$3, but in Italy it costs about 5 Euros which at the time was about three times the price I paid at home.

On the other hand, supermarket prices for spirits and liqueurs are about one third the price in Italy than what they are in Australia. And cheap Italian liqueurs like Prugna which cost 7 Euros (A$10) over there for a big bottle, cost me A$50 down here.
    Regards,
    Renato
    ah ok understood hardware store ("Ferramenta" in italian), didn't know they sell frags....but I think you have been lucky, and probably you found one typical old style shop, that was used to sell almost everything people need, because it is not common at all that kind of business.....
    35 euros for a bottle of Prugna?? That isn't by the way one of more expensive here....I can't guess what something else could costs there.....but this is normal, I think, because it is something made here, so it is normal that here it costs less than where you live, because then you have to export it. But for fragrances it is the opposite, they are made here (better in france) but here costs much....and this is not normal....

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I'm somewhat confused now. People talk about 'Cuba Gold' and I see it online... a big single cigar looking bottle. I scored 'Cubano Gold' at a Mashalls really cheap. the bottle looks like three cigars stuck together, not one. These aren't the same thing, correct? Is Cubano an even cheaper knock off of Cuba? I did a side by side smell of with Cubano Gold against my Le Male and it was nearly identical. I'm not the most experienced nose but side by side one on each wrist it's fairly easy to compare. It was the closest two different frags smelled alike I ever came across.

Never smelled 360 White so can't comment on it.
    Haven't tried Cubano Gold, but I have seen it before. I didn't know it was knocking off Le Male as well. I'll look for it soon and see how it compares to the others. It wouldn't surprise me though, there are even more cigar themed bottles that mimic Le Male, I don't get why they all go for the cigar bottles.. or maybe as you said they're trying to knockoff Cuba Gold. Maybe CG was never meant to be like Le Male, and all the other Cuban like fragrances are trying to knock it off because it's so great. I got this other one in Bealls Outlet a while back (gave it to father) which looked like a pack of 5 cigars, the bottle was clear and the juice was goldish. Smelled very much like Le Male, I haven't smelled it in a while so I may look for it in his room and see the name and give it a try again. It wasn't one of those knock off brands either, it was a 40 dollar fragrance on sale for about 7.

WOW! just bought Cubano Gold(which is the same product as Cuba Gold; go read the notes, ect. the only difference it that it says cubano lasts longer. ) for 9 dollars at marshalls and WOW its smell EXACTLY like le male except for the fact that cubano gold smells even a little bit better. its more smooth, less harsh, and maybe a tad more sweet in a good way.

please dont waste ur money on le male people. trust me

I agree about Cubano Gold being a tad better than Le Male in the dry down as it's not quite as nauseating with the powdery mess. Don't tell everyone or we won't be able to find it so cheaply anymore...lol If I didn't have a 4.2 of Le Male nearly untouched I got for a steal in my collection I wouldn't have bought it after finding CG. I just might put it up for sale locally in the gift set it came with, untouched shower gel, for what I paid just to get it out of my way. The bottle gives me the willies....

I agree about Cubano Gold being a tad better than Le Male in the dry down as it's not quite as nauseating with the powdery mess. Don't tell everyone or we won't be able to find it so cheaply anymore...lol If I didn't have a 4.2 of Le Male nearly untouched I got for a steal in my collection I wouldn't have bought it after finding CG. I just might put it up for sale locally in the gift set it came with, untouched shower gel, for what I paid just to get it out of my way. The bottle gives me the willies....
    yeah dude. if i were u i would try to sell your le male. theres other things u can get for that price that dont have immitations that are not only the same, but maybe a little better and MUCH less expensive

guys, is cubano gold made by cuba paris as well? from a rapid google search they seem the same item, but just to be sure the fragrance is the same I think the point is the house that makes them.....

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    WOW! just bought Cubano Gold(which is the same product as Cuba Gold; go read the notes, ect. the only difference it that it says cubano lasts longer. ) for 9 dollars at marshalls and WOW its smell EXACTLY like le male except for the fact that cubano gold smells even a little bit better. its more smooth, less harsh, and maybe a tad more sweet in a good way.

Hate to disagree with you, but I must.
    Le Male is the far more complex scent of the two, which does not smell exactly the same as Cuba Gold.
    But Cuba Gold is probably the more wearable.
    Renato

http://www.perfume.com/cuba-paris/cu...source=froogle

yes. cubano gold is made by cuba paris as u can see from the link. the notes from cuba and cubano gold are exactly the same. I bought Cubano Gold yesterday, and today is my first pull wearing. I applied it at 7 in the morning, and it is still going very very very strong with no end in sight at 2:10. it smells nearly identical to le male in my opinion except for the fact that cubano gold is more smooth and a little more sweet on the drydown, and on my skin, at is lasting just as long(if not more), and its projecting better then le male.

me buying this product for 9 dollars is absolute theft in my opinion. the only problem i find with this product at all is the the spritxer is kinda "eh" but besides that, there is no reason that Cubano Gold shouldnt be just as expensive as le male

http://www.perfume.com/cuba-paris/cu...source=froogle

yes. cubano gold is made by cuba paris as u can see from the link. the notes from cuba and cubano gold are exactly the same. I bought Cubano Gold yesterday, and today is my first pull wearing. I applied it at 7 in the morning, and it is still going very very very strong with no end in sight at 2:10. it smells nearly identical to le male in my opinion except for the fact that cubano gold is more smooth and a little more sweet on the drydown, and on my skin, at is lasting just as long(if not more), and its projecting better then le male.

me buying this product for 9 dollars is absolute theft in my opinion. the only problem i find with this product at all is the the spritxer is kinda "eh" but besides that, there is no reason that Cubano Gold shouldnt be just as expensive as le male
    Or rather, there's no reason why Le Male shouldn't be as cheap as Cubano Gold!

Or rather, there's no reason why Le Male shouldn't be as cheap as Cubano Gold!
    well there both very good fragrances obviously. so i do not tihnk they shud be frickin ten bucks(well i wish all fragrance were ten bucks) lol

btw..about 3 30 right now. applied it at 7. still going very strong. this is a huge rareity for me because fragrances sometimes tend to not last that long on my skin

there is no reason that Cubano Gold shouldnt be just as expensive as le male
    Granted this is the same as Cuba Gold, which I'm assuming it is based on feedback and reviews of their smells.. I agree with you 100%. Sweeter on the dry down, less powdery, and far more rich. Rich fragrances often feel like a higher quality to me, which is why Cuba bold feels like a 60 dollar fragrance easily. Theft, indeed!

Le Male for me without a doubt.....It's far better!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Granted this is the same as Cuba Gold, which I'm assuming it is based on feedback and reviews of their smells.. I agree with you 100%. Sweeter on the dry down, less powdery, and far more rich. Rich fragrances often feel like a higher quality to me, which is why Cuba bold feels like a 60 dollar fragrance easily. Theft, indeed!
    HELLO GUYS,
    I received Guba Gold and want to share with you my impressions. I quote you because I think you described very well this item on your posts. It is rich as you said, and didn't recall a cheap frag at all.
    I wouldn't say it is totally similar to le male, I find differences especially at the end, but of course it is similar....
    A guy said in a post I found here making a research that he found similarieties with Body Kouros. Personally, I can't find any at all, because BK has (beautyfull) incens drydown that CG hasn't. But for me CG ends in a very good way, very "slowly"....I would say CG ending notes reminds me JPG fleur du male starting note, on their feminine note, sweet but in a "strong msculine way" at the same time....
    Anyway, I like this cuba very much, its longevity is amazing, you have sillage assured for 4-5 hours, and later up to 8 hours at least you can still smell it if you put your nose where you sprayed. And I think it is suitable not only in cold time but, only in the evening and only if used just a few bit, in summer as well (althought of course not freshness at all). Just impressions from a newbie nose.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Le Male for me without a doubt.....It's far better!!!
    Gary
    Agree.

HELLO GUYS,
    I received Guba Gold and want to share with you my impressions. I quote you because I think you described very well this item on your posts. It is rich as you said, and didn't recall a cheap frag at all.
    I wouldn't say it is totally similar to le male, I find differences especially at the end, but of course it is similar....
    A guy said in a post I found here making a research that he found similarieties with Body Kouros. Personally, I can't find any at all, because BK has (beautyfull) incens drydown that CG hasn't. But for me CG ends in a very good way, very "slowly"....I would say CG ending notes reminds me JPG fleur du male starting note, on their feminine note, sweet but in a "strong msculine way" at the same time....
    Anyway, I like this cuba very much, its longevity is amazing, you have sillage assured for 4-5 hours, and later up to 8 hours at least you can still smell it if you put your nose where you sprayed. And I think it is suitable not only in cold time but, only in the evening and only if used just a few bit, in summer as well (althought of course not freshness at all). Just impressions from a newbie nose.
    Glad you're enjoying it. Haven't tried BK because it seems like something too similar to stuff I already own, so I can't pitch much into that; but, I agree with your words. For a "noob nose" you seem to know what you're talking about.

Well, I smelled Cubano Copper today and that one has the GIT vibe but with a little bit of powdery tones added underneath.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Dont know Cuba gold and personally don't like this kind of scents but, le male is definitely better than 360 white general quality wise. 360 white is poor man's le male imo.
    god bless oakmoss

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have yet to try 360 White or Le Male but I own and have worn Cuba Gold. I have changed my opinion of it to a negative. Last try evoked a sense of synthetic and unnatural sweetness bordering on nausea.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Bought a bottle of 120ml Cuba gold for 9.99 at TJmaxx. Its amazing how similar it is to Le male. I have only tried it on my wrist so can't say about longevity but after 6 hours on my wrist, there still hints of it.

Cool Re: Le Male vs Cuba Gold vs 360 White

I can't stand either.

Le Male is a masterpiece---of gay ad copy. Yes, you may look up my review, sailor.
    Cuba Gold---is Le Male with diabetes, but at a cheaper price.

May I humbly suggest:

Mont Blanc Individuel
    Laura Biagotti's Roma
    Paloma Picasso's Minotaure
    Cacharel Pour Homme

I could mention others, but at least with these we're in the same ballpark price range.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

In order which projects well and last the longest?
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 31st January 2011 at 05:53 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

360 White - you can't get a better copy of Le Male than that. The top notes are a mess, but after three minutes on skin it settles into an almost-exact replica of the Gaultier. It may even be better because there is a little less of the Male sweetness in that powdery vanilla part. Frankly, I dislike anything that smells like Le Male. But this is a good one.

signature worthy!
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

so was the difference between cuba gold and cubano gold ever figured out? from the looks of this thread it looks like theyre 2 difference fragrances. if thats the case, did we ever come to a consesus which is better?

btw after seeing all that promoting of lemale by jonny, this thread is confusing lol

Why did you leave out Cubano Gold??? It's made by Victory International
    Check it out:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121918.html

It is the best of all 4.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 16th February 2011 at 03:00 AM.

Last time I wore Cuba Gold, about two years ago, I got some on my shirt. Several hours later there was a candy-like smell (with a little that bit of an artificial mint quality) wouldn't quit, and after that I couldn't wear it any more. The comment about diabetes rings true for me.

hahah funny how things change.

that was in the begining of my fragrance journey when Le Male was stolen from my car and i was lying to myself that i didnt need it. how far weve come

So I have an exam to write in about 10 days, so I am trying to keep my fragrance the same for that duration (due to smell > memory connections etc). Out of my collection I didn't want to really use GIT Rochas BodyK or even Zara Sprint for that duration seeing as it is almost a waste in that I won't be around other people to share my joy of the fragrance (shallow I know), so I decided on Cuba Gold.

I am a Le Male lover, my favorite fragrance of all time by far. This said I can state that Cuba Gold is wonderful in its own right. It starts off as a sweeter Le Male with hints Tobacco, and settles off as Versace Dreamer. What a great combo and a happy realization! Longevity is a good 6 hours or so, Silage is pretty decent as well.

Now, here is the amazing fact about Cuba Gold... to the best of my knowlage and limited searching, it is The Cheapest Mens Fragrance

Perry Ellis White on the other hand, I owned, and didn't really enjoy - far to powdery, didn't work for me and I would pick Cuba Gold over it 9 out of 10 times.

Le male is still amazing and fully worth the price you pay - don't get me wrong. Between Le Male and Cuba all other things being equal, I would still take Le Male.

Edit: Another great Cuba Gold bonus! The Sprayer is wonderful! Stiff with a consistent spray - Better than my Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I have yet to try 360 White or Le Male but I own and have worn Cuba Gold. I have changed my opinion of it to a negative. Last try evoked a sense of synthetic and unnatural sweetness bordering on nausea.
    Please don't consider this to be a knock against you - I am just amazed with so many posts you haven't tried Le Male, one of the more popular fragrances of the past 20 years. Any reason?
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 16th February 2011 at 04:08 AM.

Well I def retract my statement about Cuba Gold's longevity, it surely is a beast in that department. Everything else, I feel about the same with. Neil's conclusion is about the same as mine.

Le Male - A classic, the phenomenon that started it all. If there was no Le Male, there would be no Cuba Gold, and I would be disappointed as it's an essential part of my collection.

Cuba Gold - Similar to Le Male, but darker.. I think the lavender is the star here as well, the vanilla isn't as up front, nor is it as blended as LM

360 White - Just a mess. Horribly synthetic lavender, overly powdery, nauseating.

The one major thing I notice that they share is they all have either no or a very laid back mint note. I don't get it in Cuba Gold, and it may be there in 360 White, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    360 White - you can't get a better copy of Le Male than that. The top notes are a mess, but after three minutes on skin it settles into an almost-exact replica of the Gaultier. It may even be better because there is a little less of the Male sweetness in that powdery vanilla part. Frankly, I dislike anything that smells like Le Male. But this is a good one.
    Right on the spot. Cuba Gold, Le Male, 360 white are all fine fragrances. To me 360 white however is surely the best pick due to
    - Le Male's pricetag and a bit too much added sweetness
    - Cuba gold being perceived by woman frequently as a cheap knock off, as it has this femine low-price-feel added in the drydown
    Looked for Varvatos Artisan for several months to then find it to be one of the most simple citrus drugstore fragrances ever made

Banned

I bought a 1.13oz, or close to , of cuba gold and have found that it is less of a copy of le male as it is a twist. Cuba gold has a darker feel to it with the tobacco note and it dials back the sweetness of the vanilla. All in all it wouldnt feel foolish to own both le male and cuba gold, as they have different feels to them. I am unfamiliar with 360 so i cannot say anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post

Is Cuba gold and Cubano Gold the same fragrance or they smell different, and where we can see the notes in them. Which one i should buy? Cubano or Cuba. but Cubano is cheaper.

I just saw a giftset of 4 60ml bottles of Cubano at TJ Maxx last weekend (Gold, Copper, Bronze, & Silver) for $19.99. I'm thinking I'll pick it up if it's still there this weekend. I understand Gold is Le Male, Copper is Cool Water, and one of the others is similar to Polo Sport.

fleur de male by JPG is one of my favorites, I also have cuba gold and I find it more of a knock off than similar.First off when you buy for $10.00 the ingredient used to break the oil in most cases is acetone.Most often you will get scented oils, this is one of the reasons for its short life on your skin.So beware of the wolf in cheap clothing.