Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Querelle?

Hey guys I just ordered a sample of Parfumerie Generale's Querelle and was wondering what everyone who's tried it thinks. Sounded highly intriguing to me. Any comparisons?
    Last edited by philmcphe; 19th August 2010 at 07:06 AM.

Default Re: Thoughts on Querelle?

You certainly will have to like that caraway note. It is a damn interesting fragrance and I have returned to my sample three times so far. It's busy and a bit unsettling, but hard to forget. It hasn't "spoken" to me that much so far in order to make me buy a bottle, but definitely one of my favorites from PG.

What does caraway smell like in fragrances? I'm sure I've smelled it in something before but I don't know if I would have been able to pick it out.

I don't know caraway in a scent either. I should check this out.

Jock_with_Scents will probably reply when he can, he wears or used to wear this scent quite a bit. I seem to recall it's a vetiver, and now, thinkin' it's vetiver with caraway (which smells great in bread), I might be into it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Without getting carried away and hair splitting here, my lay nose would have said it was black caraway and also if I recall well the notes listed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigella_sativa
    I cannot compare this note in Querelle to any other fragrance I have smelled.
    Last edited by Larimar; 19th August 2010 at 08:46 AM.

Black caraway is sorta oily, nutty and pungent, smells of sweet motor oil - to my inexperienced nose. Not too sure that I could take that in a fragrance.

Can somebody confirm?
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

I'm assuming this Querelle is a reference to the Jean Genet novel Querelle of Brest?

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    I'm assuming this Querelle is a reference to the Jean Genet novel Querelle of Brest?
    Yes, and it's my favorite (by far) from PG. It smells different to me at different times. At first I described it as making out in the back of a Catholic church while smoking a cigarette but lately it's been all about the vetiver to me. It's a great, and I think very masculine, fragrance. I can't think of anything that smells quite like it. Anybody who doesn't like the current mainstream designer releases should check this one out. It's still accessible, but the furthest thing from being a light aquatic.

So I was reading some old threads and apparently this comes in a haute concentration as well? Does anyone know where I can get a sample of this or buy it? I'm guessing it's available on the PG website but I can't access the section it's in, and I've emailed PG twice, once asking if I could have a login for the private section, and another time asking where I could sample the haute concentration version with no reply either time.

fountain

it's much better than the impossibly pretentious fassbinder film, definitely