Code of Conduct

Thread: Kenzo Boisee

Smile Kenzo Boisee

I got to try and to immediately own the new Kenzo Boisee (or woodsy if you like).

Just to mention that I don't usually buy fragrances without testing and trying them on a longer run but this was very nice.

it has nothing to do with its predecessor Kenzo homme.

it starts off very fresh basil and mint, there might be some grapefruit in it as well, than you smell nicely done fresh peppercorn and balmy aromatic woodsy notes, bottom line warm woodsy aromatic.

I like it because:

-no cucumber or aquatic (no calone chemicals if you like)
    -no metallic drydown
    -very pleasant and uplifting
    -warm and is suitable for fall/winter as well

imho it bears slight similarity to the following mens fragrances

terre d'hermes
    burberry brit
    roma by laura biagiotti

Default Re: Kenzo Boisee

Didn't even know about this one! Definitely need to sample it
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

yes it is brand new and it is definitely worth a try
    Last edited by perfectscent; 19th August 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to try it!
    Watch my recent video reviews of
    Prada Luna Rossa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dv7TAmfrA
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4

I love the bottle..
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I tried it and I got no interested in this one. Not too strong or woody, the new Boisee from Kenzo smells quite aromatic. The drydown has no clear sandalwood or cedar or vetiver note. It is just aromatic with a little woody note appear here and there. The longervity and sillage are average. However, the bottle looks very catchy.

I finally tried.Nothing out of the ordinary, very generic and unoriginal. There is very little wood in there... if any, fruity and fresh with a peppery twist.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I tried this one out while I was at nordstrom. Gotta say I really liked it. Only did a little spray on the arm but I couldn't stop smelling it! Considering buying a bottle in due time.

Edit: I just realized this thread is 4 months old! Oh well!

Sur la Plage

I think they should have named it Kenzo Blasé.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Have a sample and was not at all impressed. I just sprayed on this on my arm and heading to wash it off.

It works really good against mosquitos.Or you can use citronella its the same.

This is a great cologne with a short longevity.

As short as great!

zero character. forgot it in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    On me it dont last that much!

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    On me it dont last that much!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    This is a great cologne with a short longevity.
    Agree

I think it's a very fresh, clean scent. The woodiness comes in on my skin after about an hour, but I still smell a lemony aroma with it.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Not so bad,maybe marketed to the younger crowd, the longevity on my skin is acceptable.

3.5 out of 5 stars IMO
    Last edited by pirop; 18th October 2011 at 07:40 AM.

I really like this one and bought a bottle recently. When I first heard it had mint, I was not interested in it at all as I loathe mint in most frags. But after trying it, the mint blends beautifully with the citrus and spice. Then a subtle vetiver and cedar base emerge to make this very memorable. It's as if the perfumer saw the flaws in Roadster and built a better "nose" trap. Looking forward to wearing this in warmer weather. Like Kenzo Power, I would assume it's headed for the same unfortunate fate. The name's a bit daft like Power too. Woody/Boisee? Hardly does it justice. At least the juice is good. And the bottle is a nice piece of work like most Kenzo bottles are.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

manicboy, how's the longevity on you? I tried it in a sampling spree and found it too light.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    I really like this one and bought a bottle recently. When I first heard it had mint, I was not interested in it at all as I loathe mint in most frags. But after trying it, the mint blends beautifully with the citrus and spice. Then a subtle vetiver and cedar base emerge to make this very memorable. It's as if the perfumer saw the flaws in Roadster and built a better "nose" trap. Looking forward to wearing this in warmer weather. Like Kenzo Power, I would assume it's headed for the same unfortunate fate. The name's a bit daft like Power too. Woody/Boisee? Hardly does it justice. At least the juice is good. And the bottle is a nice piece of work like most Kenzo bottles are.
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking these thoughts, including the excellent (almost subliminal) use of mint. I'm really enjoying it. It bears a couple of good, high-volume wears to get the novel aspects - and for me 4 sprays are needed to bring it out nicely, although at that level it is still a fairly light scent.

I actually get good longevity once my nose learns to find the scent. I will still get strong wisps of fragrance maybe 6-8 hours later.

It may not be a groundbreaking scent, but I get loads of compliments when I wear it. (I bought a 10ml spray from eBay). I normally get very little longevity with Kenzo frags, but this one isn't too bad for a few hours. I just top up occasionally when I wear it to work.

It´s so similar to Ralph Lauren´s Big Pony #3 that they must share a significant
    amount of aromachemicals. Perhaps the same company (IFF?) made the molecules? Both are
    perfectly nice spring- or summer scents. Light, pleasant musk with soft woods and
    some mint and basil. The Polo has ginger as well. Doesn´t change the world, but then again
    not everything needs to.

Tested and bought it on the spot! I use to like Kenzo homme a lot, although I've never bought it, and this one has got the same vibe, without any salty marine note. I really like in fact, and it lasts fairly long on my skin. It has an initial blast of pepper and herbal notes (website says basil, but I smell coriander...) and it warms down into a nice woody note which shares lots of similarities with Kenzo Homme. A flanker with its own personality, worth a sniff.
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Finally tested this - after it dried down a bit it really reminded me of Racine by MPG. It's good stuff, although it might be a bit too heavy on the IES for me.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I love Mint and Lemon so this was pretty easy to like for me, despite the quality not being super mega high. It's very good for an ulta level scent. Chanel type quality. And the overall feel is much more "aromatic" than "woody", but I guess the label "boisee" moves more units.

Almost a buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt View Post
    It´s so similar to Ralph Lauren´s Big Pony #3 that they must share a significant
    amount of aromachemicals. Perhaps the same company (IFF?) made the molecules? Both are
    perfectly nice spring- or summer scents. Light, pleasant musk with soft woods and
    some mint and basil. The Polo has ginger as well. Doesn´t change the world, but then again
    not everything needs to.
    I thaught it was far better than any of the Polo Big Pony collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I thaught it was far better than any of the Polo Big Pony collection.
    Agreed.