Code of Conduct

Default how do you pack your perfumes while traveling?

hey all!
    You must have been traveling oversees with your perfume bottles. So how do you pack them so safely to damage anything at all.
    Please provide me with tips but easy one

Default Re: how do you pack your perfumes while traveling?

Welcome.

I tend to pack my colognes in their original package then in a small bag of some kind; a wash bag. I only tend to take one or two with me with those "gap" periods being taken up by samples I search out during my trip.

what i do is i leave my bottles at home, ive had the disaster of having 5 of my most precious scents in my suitcase and the bad went missing!
    so instead i have a cosmetic case full of samples that i take when travelling, for the scents i really like, i get a bunch in sample form, and use those. But my bottles stay safe at home.

Like jlouismi, I leave my bottles at home. I bring samples, but usually I'll just grab a random handful -- mainly things I've neglected to try. So I risk ending up with a bunch of things I don't like, but in practice it has always worked out fine.

On the return leg of my trips I'm often carrying several (newly acquired) full bottles. Those stay in their original packaging, wrapped in plastic to minimize the damage if something leaks, and then wrapped in clothes or something else soft to prevent breakage. So far, everything has made it home safe.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Blog Entries

I decant into 5 ml plastic atomizers that I buy from Accessories for Fragrances.com (other sizes are available also), then place them in a zip-lock type bag.

If you are concerned about potential leakage, you can use a bit of teflon tape on the threads when you screw them shut.

Usually, a simple toiletry case and the fragrance's original box will do for me, do I do also additionally pack the containing toiletry cases and fragrance boxes in very thick wrapping of regular paper and, also, between my thickest layers of folded clothes, for the additional cushioning

If at all possible, I avoid bringing an actual perfume bottle. For perfume to wear while traveling I take decants, in a Ziploc, in my carry-on.

But if I buy perfume on the trip, of course I have to get it home, and then I'm travelling with a bottle.

If packing in checked luggage, I put the bottle in its original box, put the box in a Ziploc, zip it, put that in yet another Ziploc, and put at in the very middle of the clothes in the suitcase.

But I prefer not to check perfume. I try to avoid buying bottles larger than 100ml while travelling by air, because I _can't_ carry them on.

For carry-on, I:

- Pack the empty boxes in my carry-on.

- Wrap each unboxed bottle in an oversized Ziploc, so I can wrap it around the bottle for some cushioning, but Security can still see the bottle.

- Jam those semi-cushioned bottles into the one quart-sized Ziploc that I'm entitled to. I think I've gotten four, or perhaps six, bottles in.

- Go through Security, properly taking out that Ziploc for examination as liquid.

- After I leave Security, I sit down, unravel all the Ziplocs, put the bottles in their proper boxes, put a Ziploc around each box, and put the boxes in my carry-on.

thanks guys!
    you have provided me with plenty of easy ideas. Now i have to see what is available to pack my bottles i am so grateful to all of you for providing me with so many options.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I decant into 5 ml plastic atomizers that I buy from Accessories for Fragrances.com (other sizes are available also), then place them in a zip-lock type bag.

If you are concerned about potential leakage, you can use a bit of teflon tape on the threads when you screw them shut.
    I travel by plane pretty much every week for work. This is what I do.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I squirt both my sprays and oils into those nice 3 ml perfume bottles with stoppers and carry them on my travels - works great !

a traveling case I have with a fold out with a zipper is able to carry 2 full bottles no problem. I just put the case in the middle of the suitcase in between clothes; works just fine.

bring samples/decants and Maybe 1 bottle max. If it's a long trip, you probably won't resist buying perfumes from your destination anyway. I don't recommend packing full bottles, but if you do, your only option is wrapping them with towels, or putting them in a shoe-box with your choice of protective material (newspaper, packing peanuts..etc).

However, the ultimate solution in any scenario is simply keeping the original box. I know it can be frustrating, and even if you do keep them some fragrances have ridiculously large boxes. As I said it's best to be safe and just take a few decants/samples and buy perfumes at your destination.