Code of Conduct

Question Best Perfume Shops in Paris

Hello bnoters! I have a friend going to Paris in September and I'll be asking her to get me some perfumes. Where in Paris can she find a perfume shop that offers a wide variety of brands and offer the best deals? By best meaning, low prices.

If this could help, I'm looking at:
    Les Exclusifs
    Montale
    Guerlain
    Le Labo

I'm open to suggestions. Are there any brands that she should be checking out in Paris? Anything? Is there a Lubin Shop in Paris?

Please reply to this thread as to where the exact address of the perfume shop.

Thank you for your help in advance!
    Last edited by volley2; 19th August 2010 at 02:07 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Best Perfume Shop in Paris

Please have some addresses

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle - Rue Boissy d’Anglas ( the unique shop opened in August)
    Annick Goutal - 14,Rue de Castiglione ( near Montale)
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier – 5, Rue des Capucines
    Patricia de Nicolaï – 28, Rue Richelieu ( Palays Royal )
    Caron – Rue du Faubourg Saint Honore ( in front of the Presidential Palace ) and Av. Montaigne
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Best Perfume Shop in Paris

Thank you Roberto!

Default Re: Best Perfume Shop in Paris

The Mega-Sephora on the Champs-Élysées (next to the Guerlain flagship store) carries quite a variety of niche offerings (Lutens, Different Company, etc.) - it is really worth a visit. Paris's stores aren't so mutli brand oriented, unless you go to the department stores like Galleries Lafeyette, Bon Marché, etc. Many of the French niche houses have their own boutiques. I think a visit to Parfums de Nicolaï (a few locations)and Montale (on the extreme north end of the Place Vêndome) is certainly time well spent.

Default Re: Best Perfume Shops in Paris

Great! Thanks Kevin!

These boutiques are within walking distant..Frederic Malle, Francis Kurkdjian Jo Malone and Parfums de Nicolai
    The price of many of them (even before VAT refund) is better than Joyce. And how about some bell jars from Serge Lutens non-export line?

FM- 21 Rue du Mont Thabor, 75001 Paris, France
    FK- 9 Rue Mont Thabor, 75001 Paris
    Jo Malone- 326 Rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris
    Parfums de Nicolai- 28 Rue de Richelieu, 75001 Paris

thank yo CX!

AFAIK there is no Lubin boutique in Paris but Le Printemps (or Galleries Lafayette Haussmann, I can't remember which one but they are next to each other anyway) has them.

If you don't have that much time a visit to Le Printemps and Galleries Lafayette is definitely a good idea. It's like having a dozen of niche boutiques at the same place (Lutens export line, Lubin, The Different Company, l'Artisan Parfumeur, Diptyque, Histoires de Parfums, Annick Goutal and many, many more). Even the Guerlain section at GL is one of the 11 Guerlain boutiques in Paris and therefore carries all the exclusives (Derby, Tonka Impériale, Mouchoir de Monsieur...)

nah, no problem..
    mind sharing which fragrances on your shopping-list?

I don't know actually which one yet. My friend is getting my Jub XXV in Hong Kong this weekend. So another friend in Paris, I'm actually thinking Coromandel. I REALLY adore this frag and this one is at the top of my wishlist. And if I can get a bottle of this from Paris, that will be nice. I will always remember that.

Les exclusifs in Paris, anyone? Can it be found in Champs-Elysees?

Basenotes Plus

Don't forget Etat Libre d'Orange at 69 Rue des Archives.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

ABDUL SAMAD AL QURASHI
    45 AVENUE GEORGE V
    75008 Paris

ARABIAN OUD
    63 Avenue Champs Elysées
    75008 Paris

JEAN PATOU PARIS
    5, rue de Castiglione
    75001 Paris
    Last edited by phibess; 19th August 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phibess View Post
    JEAN PATOU PARIS
    5, rue de Castiglione
    75001 Paris
    This is a definite must, and it's just steps away from the chanel boutique near the place vendôme...

This map might be helpful. (From the Paris section of the forums.)

Last time I was there (last fall?) I found Sephora somewhat disappointing. I think that Galeries Lafayette might be the best "one-stop shop".

colette is a must

www.colette.fr

... Collette has some great scents like Ineke ( the price is too high ) , Le Labo, CdG...
    And don't forget to visit CdG perfume shop: 16 Place Vendome.
    Guerlain Vanille and the exclusive scents in Paris are quite cheaper than other countries. Guerlain is everywhere in Paris.
    If you have a friend in HK, you can ask him to help you buying Chanel Coromandel there

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    ... Collette has some great scents like Ineke ( the price is too high ) , Le Labo, CdG...
    And don't forget to visit CdG perfume shop: 16 Place Vendome.
    Guerlain Vanille and the exclusive scents in Paris are quite cheaper than other countries. Guerlain is everywhere in Paris.
    If you have a friend in HK, you can ask him to help you buying Chanel Coromandel there
    Thank you!

My friend is there now. He picked up the Jubilation XXV i have reserved. He will be arriving in Shanghai next week - I can't wait. It's my first Amouage. He actually ended up getting a bottle of Dia for himself. hahahahaha

One at a time. Next month is the Coromdandel for the friend in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    Don't forget Etat Libre d'Orange at 69 Rue des Archives.
    I love visiting the ELdO boutique in the Marais! One of the least pretentious fragrance boutiques in Paris, love the big, red lips sofa and the sales help are always so charming.
    I'm neutral on the Colette fragrance experience; all the testers out, but the test strips are kept in a drawer, so you are forced to deal with sales-people who make it very clear that they are being put out of their way by helping you. They do have the Paris exclusive on Le Labo.
    I love going to Serge Lutens Palais Royale shop, if you're into playing the French etiquette game, they will treat you like a king. And getting to go up the spiral staircase into the private salon is an unforgettable experience.

Last edited by Dariushka; 13th December 2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Your Perfume Guide (all about city shopping guides and list of parfums by dominating note)

thanks dariushka