Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Aramis Impeccable

From nstperfume.com:

Aramis will launch Aramis Impeccable in October. The new limited edition fragrance for men was inspired by “the idea of a finely tailored tuxedo”.

The notes include Moroccan cedar, black pepper, juniper berry and citrus zest.

Aramis Impeccable will be available in 110 ml Eau de Toilette.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Aramis Impeccable

Pepper is in vogue... I'll check this out, but I can't say I'm particularly excited. When is it due out?

Bottle and box look pretty good. Not sure that the notes sound all that exciting, but will look forward to trying it.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Pepper is in vogue... I'll check this out, but I can't say I'm particularly excited. When is it due out?
    I knew this would catch your eye.

It says October. I am interested also, but skeptical based on the last release (Cool Blend) which I was not too fond of.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 19th August 2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I liked Cool Blend so I am kind of looking forward to this one. I like the idea of creating flankers and not playing around with the original.

Basenotes Institution

(snore)

How many Aramis flankers is this now? 487?

I'll have to check this out.....Thanks for the info.....Gary

Good to see juniper berry listed high on the ingredients list. Maybe the macho man thing is coming back in style.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

If you remove the 'juniper berry' note it sounds a lot like a 'sport' fragrance ...please not this time, no...
    -

So is this fragrance a flanker ? The look of the bottles makes it seem so. I still want to try it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Familiar notes, but familiar notes I love, and after they released the Gentlemen's Collection, I'm positively predisposed to Aramis. I definitely look forward to testing this one.

As I have a HG "this is Aramis" quest on, I think I might like this one, even though it does quite look like another flanker. (and I like peppery scents.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Has anyone been able to take this for a spin? Thoughts?

Anyone?

JC, our man for perfume news!! Thank you for sharing!!

I love the Aramis EDT, and will have to sample this. (The lack of leather has me worried, however...)

I like the inspiration: a man in semi-formal evening wear!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sounds interesting to me.

We are in the middle of October, and still no sign of this one.....

I think the juniper note may be used to suggest a martini to go with the idea of the "finely tailored tuxedo”.
    Not that I'm one to imbibe, but the overall concept grabs my interest. I look forward to testing this one.

Will test.
    This house rarely puts out a low-quality frag.
    Even "Cool" and "Bermuda Tonic" had a quality appeal to them.

AromiErotici

Agreed. I will have to sample this as well. I have always liked the original Aramis.

They have this at John Lewis in Glasgow, but when I saw it, there was no tester. Will go back in the hope that they've put one out! Has anyone else tried it?

Has anyone tried this yet? I haven't seen it anywhere so far...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

AromiErotici

Bump this up for another look.

I'm gonna go look for this at Macy's tonight...
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

...and they didn't have it.

But, the Lab Series rep who I spoke with said it would be there any day now!
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    They have this at John Lewis in Glasgow, but when I saw it, there was no tester. Will go back in the hope that they've put one out! Has anyone else tried it?
    Do they have a tester now and have you tried it?
    Tx
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

I'll go look for it at Macys later today

It seems that perfume houses in the past 3 or 4 years have turned me into a bit of a pessimist concerning new releases as I have found alot to be rather average at best. So now with all perfume houses I take a wait, and see attitude. I haven't really made it a point to remember the said release date of a fragrance in quite a while.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

fountain

the name seems, erm, impeccable, imo

Will go back to John Lewis tomorrow to see if they have a tester...

Nothing today. However, I had to run because they insisted on spraying me with A*Men. I already had Pure Malt(gag/puke) on one arm and threatend death to the SAs pet if they tried to spray me. Will try again tomorrow.

The shops here tend to get new products fairly quickly, but I haven't seen this one yet. Cool Blend was on the shelves soon after being released, so I hope to see Impeccable soon. If it is indeed a limited edition I wonder if that will effect availability.

I tried this today. To my nose, it is certainly a flanker or the original Aramis, as there are similarities between the two scents. It's more than five years since I've owned a bottle of Aramis, so it's not easy for me to be sure of the differences. Impeccable struck me as smoother and a bit spicier. It's priced at £46 for 110ml. I really like it, and would definitely be interested in getting a bottle.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 29th October 2010 at 01:20 PM.

Still haven't seen this one at any macy's/Bloomingdales/nordstrom/niemans here yet.

Default New Fragrance: Aramis Impeccable

Went back to the mall today. The SAs at Macys (4 of them), Dillards and Nordstrom didn't have a clue about this fragrance. I had to pull this thread up on my IPhone to show them.
    Last edited by TJMAC; 30th October 2010 at 03:18 AM.

Mine hadn't heard anything either.

Well, here it is just about the first of November, and nothing yet on Aramis Impeccable. Reminds me of the terrible marketing job Aramis did on the superb Special Reserve of a few seasons ago. They did nothing, absolutely nothing to properly promote that great fragrance. I bought it from the bottom shelf at Saks just weeks before it disappeared. The geniuses at Saks said that Special Reserve was just regular Aramis in anniversary bottling. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Special Reserve is/was a great version of Aramis. Now Impeccable is a "no show"-- so much for a great new version of the classic. I will keep checking, because I am a nut about these things, but it's a bit discouraging when a company like Aramis/Lauder comes up with some worthy variant but doesn't give the product a proper introduction. I am sure it will be here eventually, but the phrase "so what?" comes to mind.

Hopefully I am wrong. More in due course.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 31st October 2010 at 11:07 PM.

Yep, Lauder/Aramis are really amateurs when it comes to marketing or lack there of. The send product to random stores, they don't have a website and their new releases are classified as confidential and private. The Gentlemen's collection was the biggest thing to hit men's fragrance in years and yet it went unnoticed and unsniffed in most dept stores. Go figure.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Wearing this right now on my left forearm. Macys had a spray 5ml sample that the Aramis rep dropped off today.

It is kind of nice. Surprised me at the top. More citrus, sour tarts vibe than I maybe wanted at first.
    I will post again as my wearing continues, but 45 minutes in, it is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Wearing this right now on my left forearm. Macys had a spray 5ml sample that the Aramis rep dropped off today.

It is kind of nice. Surprised me at the top. More citrus, sour tarts vibe than I maybe wanted at first.

I will post again as my wearing continues, but 45 minutes in, it is nice.

Do they have full bottles in, or is it just the samples?

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Do they have full bottles in, or is it just the samples?
    No stock yet, just the sample that the rep dropped off.

There is a similarity to Cool Blend that I am getting. Sadly, I get little cedarwood, juniper, or pepper to my nose. There is a hissing fruit note(s) that is not working for me with this one sadly.

I was expecting a minimalist woody spicy number, and I get Cool Blend with some more fruit thrown in...small synthetic wood notes as the drydown occurs. Nothing exciting here for me.

As JAY-Z says : On to the Next One.

Bernard Chant must be rolling in his grave.

AromiErotici

Are we saying that this is yet another mind numbing, generic masculine with a noticeable cedar accord? No wonder niche gets the attention it does anymore.......

Talking about testers or no testers, Saks never had a tester for Aramis Special Reserve. Nothing, zip, nada, just a few bottles gathering dust on the bottom shelf. What is it with these people? Lauder has no sense of product merchandizing at all. I am going to check for Impeccable this week in NYC and will report back.

I went to Holt Renfrew and the Sales Rep insisted I try Noir Absolu by Issey Miyake. I finished my shopping at the mall, went back and bought the bottle. With it I got a sample of Impeccable by Aramis.

I'm a 23 year old student. So I wouldn't buy 110mL of this as I can count maybe on two hands the number of times I would be able to wear this. With that said I liked it. It had that old school masculine vibe to it but this really really sharp note that I just cannot put a name too, it was cold and sharp. It has been almost 9 hours now and it has settled down to a nice smooth warm yet soft gentleman's scent, again like those old school colognes but with a nice little hint of the new.

Best way to put it is, a young man in a tuxedo.

This is available now at Dillard's and Bloomingdale's.

Macy's Herald Square has it. Reps gladly giving out 5ml samples. I have two and beginning my assessment. This is a nice, modern, subtle slightly sweet, slightly tart/citrus fragrance that is very acceptable. Although it is light, it does linger over a 5-6 hour period, and becomes a bit spicy over time. Overall, it does not have the Aramis "house" notes, but is better than Cool Blend, and is nicely tailored in the general mode of Kiton Red. Very good fragrance with a moderate amount of personality. Better than OK but if it is great that greatness is not apparent as yet.

Tried this today. Basically, this is Aramis Cool Blend with a bit of spice thrown in. It doesn't smell bad, but it is just too simple for me to have any desire to purchase. It is also quite linear, so I fear I might get bored with it. Longevity and silliage are a bit better than Cool Blend, but still on the light side. Will not purchase.

Wearing this for a third day, it dawns on me that this fragrance like the Heeleys and the Anvers products are great for the super-fit well dressed man under 30, or maybe 35. That's where this one will find its most appreciative audience. Since the well-dressed under 35ers is a small audiences for fragrances, there's only a moderate amount of hope for its success. Still, this is a nice fragrance. Thom Browne should try it.

Tried this yesterday and got a small sample. It's a nice fresh scent, but it does NOT fit the idea of being dressed to the nines in a tux.

That's not to say it doesn't present a different idea of impeccable, because it does: the impeccably dressed, clean shaven man in a crisp and freshly starched and ironed shirt. While not similar in smell, it would fill the same role as Prada's Infusion d'Homme in a wardrobe. I think Infusion d'Homme is more unique though.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Bought this a week ago and am enjoying this scent! I'm younger than the usual Aramis lover (early 30's), but I own and wear the original often enough. I expected this one to be similar to the original, but that is not the case at all. Not refined, but "modernized". This one is different then the original in its composition, but it's very mellow/smooth and confident (by today's standards) - strong and well constructed. This scent is appropriately named Impeccable... if it were as aggressive as the original it would need to be called Immaculate (edp).

Sur la Plage

I was not impressed at all with this. Pass.

I liked it quite a lot, but it really is the type of scent that tends to be written off on Basenotes; it wouldn't surprise me if it really gets panned.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I liked it quite a lot, but it really is the type of scent that tends to be written off on Basenotes; it wouldn't surprise me if it really gets panned.

Nice & polite to a fault. Impeccable, I suppose. I quite like it even if it's nowhere near the class of the original. And I can't help but view it as a departure from the bold masculines that line the Aramis stable such as JHL, Devin, Havana etc.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    rotflol

sounds soapy as hell

it is the only aramis fragrance they sell at liverpool's in my city
    and aramis, and thats all

heard it has a juniper Berry note

But i don't know, name says it all

it's all aBout soap

This is out now in the UK. Smells just like Cool Blend though. Very little difference.

Found it quite awful.

Disappointed to hear that this one isn't even a bit special.

Serves them right, though, after endowing it with such a silly name.