Code of Conduct

Thread: Lanvin Marry Me

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lanvin Marry Me

From nstperfume.com:

Lanvin will launch Marry Me, a new fragrance for women, in August. The scent is meant to reflect a moment of intense happiness — whether or not that moment is taken seriously.

Marry Me is a fruity floral developed by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu; the notes include peach, bitter orange, freesia, magnolia, jasmine, rose, white cedar, amber, musk.

Lanvin Marry Me will be available in 30, 50 and 75 Eau de Parfum.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lanvin Marry Me

I've seen this reviewed a few different places and it looks really interesting. They have it listed at UltraFragrances, but it says out of stock.

Strange choice of name, i mean, many guys will be hesitant to buy a bottle just because of it and many women will be asking themselves if that's sending the guy they're dating the "wrong" message or scared by their reaction.

Hmmm... what are you wearing?
    Marry Me!

-shocked face-runs away-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Strange choice of name, i mean, many guys will be hesitant to buy a bottle just because of it and many women will be asking themselves if that's sending the guy they're dating the "wrong" message or scared by their reaction.

Hmmm... what are you wearing?
    Marry Me!

-shocked face-runs away-

Har! That's true though - what an awkward and silly name! I wonder who they imagine the market will be - will women buy this for themselves, or is it for men to propose with?

Unfortunate name. I might find myself proposing to my colleagues is I wore it to work. And if someone who phrases every statement as a question wears it...uh oh. I look forward to trying it anyway as I have a special attachment to LAnvin

Odd name. Why is Lanvin doing this? I think of Arpege and 1920s elegance. I guess it is a new marketing campaign.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a terrible name - I assume it's a scent for a man to give to a girl/woman he's proposing to and noone else or he'll be in trouble ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

*sighs* do you think it's going to be one of those scents that only last for a hour or two
    because today perfumes are in my opinion are produced in haste i don't think they
    sit down and spent the time in the perfumery lab and whip up something exciting
    learn from the 80's 'bro' and i think the flacon is atrocious LOL to cheap

But neverknow until you try

Maybe if we buy it for a gift along with paris hilton's Tease, it might lessen the shock and become some sort of a punch line.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe if we buy it for a gift along with paris hilton's tease, it might lessen the shock and become some sort of a punch line.
    *lol*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some of their other ads being used in different markets:

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

When I hear "marry me," I think Maeby from Arrested Development.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Forget the name, I think they should have omitted half the notes:
    notes include peach, bitter orange, freesia, magnolia, jasmine, rose, white cedar, amber, musk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They should rename it "Mysterious Liaison" in French, of course. Liaison Mystérieuse.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 23rd August 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OMG - When I saw "Lanvin Marry Me" in the latest posts ticker, I assumed that somebody had found a new holy grail by Lanvin.

Never mind.

PS - for the record, the only fragrance that I, personally, consider marriage material, is no.5 Eau Première.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Never mind.

PS - for the record, the only fragrance that I, personally, consider marriage material, is no.5 Eau Première.
    then let's start a new thread on that idea, it's not so crazy/cheesy after all...it's a commitment! (no pun intended-ok maybe a little)
    it would be interesting to know if the HG will match the intended only for marriage scent of choice or if it's something else...

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

then let's start a new thread on that idea, it's not so crazy/cheesy after all...it's a commitment! (no pun intended-ok maybe a little)
    it would be interesting to know if the HG will match the intended only for marriage scent of choice or if it's something else...

cheers
    It does sound like a fun thread! But I'm too tired right now - and just asking this question takes some commitment - so lets save it for later!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    OMG - When I saw "Lanvin Marry Me" in the latest posts ticker, I assumed that somebody had found a new holy grail by Lanvin.

Never mind.

This is EXACTLY what I thought too!
    sort of like when I discovered Serge Lutens fragrances and wanted to run away with him badly!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    *sighs* do you think it's going to be one of those scents that only last for a hour or two
    because today perfumes are in my opinion are produced in haste i don't think they
    sit down and spent the time in the perfumery lab and whip up something exciting
    learn from the 80's 'bro' and i think the flacon is atrocious LOL to cheap

But neverknow until you try

i also agree with you, lanvin hasn't produced any intoxicating scents, just light and boring one's
    guess this won't be any different