Code of Conduct

Default Will someone help me decide?

im 16years old in highschool and im pretty shy and i do NOT Like to stand out im not trying to grab any attention or anything like that i just want to smell good and COMMON i dont care if the fragrance is overused i just wnt to blend in i dont want anything to strong or something that smells too strong and tobacooish and stuff i just want sumthing common and good and PRICE DOES NOT MATTER that is not an issue so will you guys pleasae help me decide thanks in advnace i will be indoors for atleast 9hrs **SCHOOL** and i need sumthing not to strong thank you MEN COLOGNE lol thought id just add that \
    Last edited by vickydabest; 19th August 2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: messed up

Default Re: Will someone help me decide?

Hi Vicky,

I came across this via Twitter - It's a little odd for me to answer this because I like to wear perfume to dinstinguish myself but I know that when I was in High School a lot of us gals would wear the same perfumes because we would just use the same bottle.
    I think True Religion for women or Roxy's original perfume are pretty subtle yet smell nice. Lighter scents made by clothing companies like The Gap sometimes have nice ones that aren't too loud. I haven't tried anything from Victoria's Secret by I have heard some nice things.

Smelling good and common? Something fresh and clean maybe? Clean by Clean is fresh. If you like Lavender, Cadley Island makes a really nice scent called 'Lavender'.

Demeter Library fragrance is nice and it doesn't stay on too long. It's more like a cologne. It kinda smells like paper strawberries. It's really pretty and subtle.

That's all I think I have in mind at this point...Hope it helps!
    " Nothing can be known - not even this..." - Carneades

Blog Entries

miss-little-miss, and vickydabest, welcome to Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by vickydabest View Post
    MEN COLOGNE lol thought id just add that \

I gather the OP is a guy looking for men's colognes that would not cause him to stand out unduly.

Guys?

Yeah, well, hmm...Sorry about that I read the post wrong. Sorry Vickydabest! Men's cologne that doesn't stand out...I like Addidas for men and I still stick by clothing companies that make fragrances. I am pretty sure The Gap has a men's cologne.

Oh, and, hey thanks for the warm welcome!

Blog Entries

Ok, vickydabest, assuming 30 Roses has interpreted your request correctly and you are seeking fragrances marketed to men. If you are seeking common frags that just simply smell good without really standing out, you have to start with Acqua di Gio. From there check out: Bvlgari Aqua, Cool Water, Versace Pour Homme, L'eau D'Issey, Mugler Cologne, Paco XS, 212 Men, YSL L'homme, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Allure Edition Blanche, and the new Bleu de Chanel.

I wear my frags in an office environment and have the same requirement for my tastes. Smell good without standing out, being offensive, overpowering, or making me "that" cologne guy. I have many of these I've recommended and really enjoy them all (especially Bvlgari Aqva and Allure Edition Blanche).

thanks alot guys and right now im leaning towards Acqua di Gio and Only the brave by diesel If you have anymore i should checkout let me know

Only the brave by Diesel is a fine choice, imho
    Polo has come out with the 4 Ponies collection. I think they are all pretty good choices without 'standing out' - I think any is fine so long as you are lightly spraying yourself. Sometimes spraying and walking into the scent is a good way to not over due it or just simply dab a little on wrists and a little dab on the neck or temples. I found some guys in University would wear Aqua de Gio and I swear they must have sprayed 10 times. You could smell them after they left the room for nearly half an hour, lol!

Aqua de Gio - is it to strong ?
    Only the brave- im looking at it but right now im leaning towards Aqua de Gio and how many sprays do u guys reccomand for som1 who does NOT want to stand out 2?

If you don't want to stand out too much just wanna smell nice, i might recommend some colognes like, cool water, or aqua di gio.
    But some girls may really like that and i dunno if thats what you're looking for right now. Mugler cologne is a nice clean innofensive scent. Mayb consider prada amber pour homme? just a few out there, theres a lot more im sure

Ck One

Only the brave- im looking at it but right now im leaning towards Aqua de Gio and how many sprays do u guys reccomand for som1 who does NOT want to stand out 2?
    Heya vickydabest,

Aqua di Gio is not what I would call a 'strong' scent. It's a lighter smell which is why a lot of guys enjoy it. It's a nice one but I was around someone who may have had trouble smelling the scent after wearing it so long. I would think that a couple sprays would suffice. You can try spraying it in the air right in front of yourself then immediately walk into it - this will make it attach itself to your clothes and body in more of a subtle way.

Not to worry too much, I think my example of the guy that wore too much was an very extreme example. Like I said, I think he just couldn't smell it on himself and kept spraying more on throughout the day. If you spray it on in the morning and don't re-apply, I would imagine you'd have nothing to worry about

I hope this is somewhat helpful! Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    Bvlgari Aqua, Cool Water, Versace Pour Homme, L'eau D'Issey, Mugler Cologne, Paco XS, 212 Men, YSL L'homme, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Allure Edition Blanche, and the new Bleu de Chanel.
    Great list! I'd strongly recommend Allure Homme Sport to you. And also good old A&F Fierce. Odin Owari is a good one for the summer.

If money really isn't an issue you could consider Creed's Silver Mountain Water which will make you smell amazing, but is completely safe.
    Last edited by boosh; 19th August 2010 at 09:09 PM.

Try these and see if you like one of them:

Armani Acqua di Gio
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    Herrera 212 Men
    YSL L'homme Sport
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Chanel Allure Blanche
    Gaultier Le Male
    ISSEY MIYAKE L'eau D'Issey
    Bvlgari Aqua
    Versace Eau Fraiche
    Paco Rabanne Black XS
    DSquared He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood
    DSquared He Wood
    basically all Lacostes
    Boss Bottled
    C. Klein One
    RL Polo Black

Expensive:
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Green Irish Tweed

Acqua di Gio - does the smell of it EXTREMLEY change? like the 1st hour is light and then it changes to stronger or is it light the whole scent life? - last question b4 i buy it

what do you guys think of burberry london and brit ? to strong or what?

London is good. If you can pull it off with your age, it should be fine. Fall is almost coming, London would be a very good choice. If you think it's too strong, then spray farther away from your body.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    London is good. If you can pull it off with your age, it should be fine. Fall is almost coming, London would be a very good choice. If you think it's too strong, then spray farther away from your body.
    I agree with volley2 - The Burberries are an excellent choice. My ex used to wear Burberry Brit and it was really subtle imo. I haven`t tried London, but Burberry seems to have great everyday scents.

As for Aqua di Gio changing over time, I am not entirely sure that it would become stronger smelling. All scents usually fade with the passage of time. Also, if you are concerned with it reacting with your body chemistry, give it a trial before you buy it. Spray some on your arm and see how it reacts over time. Get someone's opinion if you aren`t sure. I think whatever choice you make it will all be perfectly fine. As volley2 says, you can always spray it further away from your body to get a light mist which makes the scent much more subtle and least likely to react with your skin since it will be mostly sprayed on your clothes.

I always test before I make a purchase. Sometimes I try it a few times before I am sure the scent is `for me'. Ask for samples at your local pharmacy or department store.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

I don't think so. That said, I think many just make the mistake of over-applying it. I enjoy AdG so much more with a lighter application.

I'd say for your age between Burberry's the Brit is better then London.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Costa Azzura,
    Neroli Portofino,
    Plum Japonais, Lavender Palm and
    AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Burberry Brit is a great mens scent ! It won't quite work for me (a rather girly-girl)but I skin tested it .My theory is if it's okay but too masculine for my personal wearing taste then it's fine for a gift for my Dad or brother .I would caution against Burberry Weekend (mens) the topnotes were okay -nice really reminded me of AdG which I LIKE to smell(3-5 minutes) then it was AWFUL someone experiencing in-flight turbulence while "occupied" and smelling of the result.

ISSEY MIYAKE L'eau D'Issey or Acqua di gio for what ive said on top this is the final two lol so who ever msgs me and i will trust you and buy it if i dont like it ill buy the other but please try to tell me which one WOULD be better for me

Default Will someone help me decide?

I'd go with L'Eau D'Issey, the greatest aquatic ever made! Unless you want to smell like every other Tom, Dick and Harry?

just bought ADG for 102 (3.4) Thanks for help guys

Hey awesome vickydabest!

I am sure you will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I'd go with L'Eau D'Issey, the greatest aquatic ever made! Unless you want to smell like every other Tom, Dick and Harry?
    not sure i agree.... i didn't even think d'issey was an aquatic, erolfa is the best aquatic ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by miss-little-miss View Post
    I am pretty sure The Gap has a men's cologne.
    Dont waste your time on it, it's awful.

Versace Eau Fraiche
    Versace Pour Homme
    Ed Hardy Love and Luck
    Issey Miyake Leau Dissey
    Chanel Allure Sport
    Halston Unbound
    YSL L Homme

Oh, to late....

Burberry Brit.