Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro PH question top notes maybe?

just bought a 1.7 oz Aph at Marshalls.
    Does anybody get a sort of, rotten or sour citrus/orange peel kind of feel at the top at least?\

oh and is there a difference where the silver band on the cap is? i noticed mine is on the bottom, where some pictures have it on top. And some have a white outlining around the A where mine doesnt

Default Re: Azzaro PH question top notes maybe?

as much as i hate to bump, anyone?

Nope, I think it's a masterpiece, from start to finish. It's hard for some to appreciate, maybe the type who prefer more hip or aquatic and citrus fragrances. You wanna smell rotten.. check out Zino.

Mine has the silver band on the top, you may have a flanker to it, or an older/newer juice. My father bought his about 5 years ago and it's the same bottle as mine with the silver band on top (I got mine a few months ago) There are flankers to this, one of them is said to be a take on the older formulation of it, so I'm not sure.

Anyways, if it is the same, juice, just go lighter on the trigger, give it a chance to blossom, many find the middle and base much more comforting than the opening, but like I said, me personally, I enjoy the entire evolution of it.

You have the newer version, my bottle is the same as you describe yours. And yes, APH does have a sharp citrus opening - bergamot, mostly - that can be perceived as bitter, especially in comparison to most modern designer men's scents. These old aromatic fougéres don't have a hint of sweetness about them. They're rough at the start, but they smooth out; APH has a particularly lovely heart and drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post
    just bought a 1.7 oz Aph at Marshalls.
    Does anybody get a sort of, rotten or sour citrus/orange peel kind of feel at the top at least?\

oh and is there a difference where the silver band on the cap is? i noticed mine is on the bottom, where some pictures have it on top. And some have a white outlining around the A where mine doesnt
    Maybe You are just not the aromatic fougere type of guy. That kind of fragrances can be quite challenging due to complexity which leads to unfamiliar, unidentifyable accords. In APH it seems to be lavender plus anise plus citrus on top. As sharp to the nose as the alcohol is to a freshly shaved skin, it hurts - manly?

ps: frankly spoken this kind of fragrance made me sick of perfume when I was a kid. I would rather have drunken a real desinfection liquid than having such sharp juice applied to me. Perhaps I'm the only one who welcomes the disappearance of the genre, but I do.
    Last edited by WildThingy; 22nd August 2010 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks for your responses! it was very well informative, its just when i smelled ApH before i never noticed the bitter sharp citrus note at the top. Then i suddenly noticed it. I do enjoy the dry down a lot!

Top im okay with, not ecstatic but i'm not hating on it either. Thanks again!

If you want a gentler frag but with a similar idea, try IL by Lancetti.

Azzaro PH is really zesty in top notes, but later in drydown this frag becomes rather dull on my skin. I find it to be unwearable during hot weather, and I think it is beautiful in winter.

I Azzaro PH in all weather, but especially in colder weather. Sometimes I think I sense a very faint orange or orange-peel note, but then I think I might just be susceptible to suggestion and the color of the bottle.