Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up SOTD Friday 20 August 2010

An amazing Friday everyone

Ernest Daltroff ' s

The marvelous POUR UN HOMME DE CARON, a perfume for life

CARON
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: SOTD Friday 20 August 2010

Joining the synchronised friday with Caron's Parfum Sacre. I find it a pleasant, easy-to-wear powdery scent. It becomes more and more present as time passes. I am truly enjoying it, but I don't think I need a bottle of it.

Do Son

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Caron pour un Homme - for Synchronization Friday.

Top notes: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Lemon
    Middle notes: Clary Sage, Rose, Rosewood, Cedarwood
    Base notes: Vanilla, Tonka, Moss, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning everyone Today I'm joining Bonsai in Parfum Sacre.I first thought I didn't have any Carons in my wardrobe,but then I found my decant of PS Have a nice day all.Mine will be spent meeting a friend over some coffee and then afterwards some reading!!! Two ( three with today) days left before the oral exam

Basenotes Plus

I have no Caron so I'm not able to join in with the synchronised Friday. Instead I'm wearing Cocktail by Gorilla Perfumes.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Caron Infini

Still Thursday here (just barely), but that's ok, right?

Happy Friday

Narcisse Noir for synchronised Caron Day
    This poetic frangrance was created in honor of the consecration of the House of Caron. Its originality lies in the orange note added to the flowery, fruity base that includes rose, jasmine, musk, vetiver, and sandalwood, making it sweet and fresh.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Thanks to the discussion on Coco Chanel's birthday yesterday, I am wearing

CHANEL 22

From Wiki:
    Top note is aldehyde
    Middle notes of jasmine, tuberose, ylang-ylang, and rose.
    Base notes include vetiver, vanilla, and incense.

I have a small decant of this perfume which I have worn a couple of times with no success, i.e. I could barely smell it and wondered how much of this stuff you had apply before it made itself known.

There must have been something wrong with my nose - an hour after application this perfume is glorious. It is silky soft, smooth, white, bright, and incensey.

This is exquisite; so beautifully blended and well-behaved that it might be just too prim to suit me altogether, but I'm delighted to discover this beauty from scratch today.

Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

I could have worn a Caron, but Le Dix called to me.
    DONNA

Un profumo affettuoso

Today: Caron's "Aimez-moi" - strong violet note, nice- in spite of the stupid name of the scent ... "Love me".

I forgot I had planned to wear French Can Can for the synchronised Friday...
    Instead, I put on Egoiste in the morning.

I'll wear a Caron later...
    Last edited by *dora*; 20th August 2010 at 11:35 AM.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Caron Montaigne today for today's Caron SS.

This is the reissue from a few years ago. Notes include: jasmine, bitter orange, coriander, mandarin, daffodil, mimosa, cassie, sandalwood, benzoin and vanilla.

Happy Friday to everyone!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Le Troisieme Homme de Caron
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Caron Parfum Sacre

Carillon Pour Un Ange - Tauer
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Plus

Glad to be in sync with Caron, love the house! I'm wearing Acaciosa. So lovely -- a radiant pineapple top precedes a beautiful blend of jasminey white florals softened by rose, all coming to rest on a powdery, resinous base.

Enjoy your Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I have no Caron, so I am celebrating Coco's birthday somewhat belatedly with Chanel No5 extrait. It's not vintage, but it's still very good. I'm getting more aldehydes from it today than usual; wonder why that is.

Synching with my fellow Duchesses (and Ducs) in Caron, Fleurs De Rocaille. What a hardship :)
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing Nuit de Noel by Caron.

Notes include: ylang ylang, tincture of rose, jasmine, sandalwood, oak moss, musk and amber

Happy Friday everyone!

Caron Infini this morning, from a decant sent by a Basenoter. This is one of those classic style fragrances that needs time on skin to become interesting. I definitely smell narcisse in there, which I adore. TGIF!
    This is from a vintage bottle. I've read the new formulations are not as nice.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 20th August 2010 at 12:50 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We're leaving ourselves scent free today so we can sample in NYC after visiting the wax museum....Aedes here we come!

Hello everyone!

I'm utterly delighted to be scent-sistas this morning with RainDropSparkle and lilybelle in the stunning, singular Infini by Caron, vintage parfum and pdt.

Y'all have a great day!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caron Yatagan today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Comme des Garçons Wonderwood.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Hi all,

For Synch Friday I'm the only Caron I have;
    a sample of Violette Précieuse, given to me
    by a lovely BN'er, who know who she is ...

Isabey Gardenia. But my husband doesn't like it. Oh poo! Time to go to the playground with my two little boys who think mommy smells pretty!

No Caron, too bad.

I'm in Eau D'Italie Paetum Rose .

Basenotes Institution

Morning all ! Caron 's Tabac Blond for me - divinely rich and naughty . I'm a bad ass girl today !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Hi all,

For Synch Friday I'm the only Caron I have;
    a sample of Violette Précieuse, given to me
    by a lovely BN'er, who know who she is ...

Scent twin today!

I'm also wearing this lovely fragrance from a sample given to me by a by a very sweet and generous BNer (wonder if she's the same one? )

Great to see all the Carons fuming up the planet today!
    I'm in Parfum Sacre today. Enjoy your Fridays everyone. You all smell great

Blog Entries

Caron-Violette Precieuse
    This is the earthy, dark green original version.
    Created in 1913 by Ernest Daltroff, it has the gorgeous shot of
    oakmoss that grips the throat and turns the shy violet into a bossy babe.
    Last edited by kumquat; 20th August 2010 at 03:30 PM.

An unusually early UPS delivery this morning derailed my Caron plans...
    so I'm wearing the gentle Mimosa pour Moi. Delicate and girly-soft --
    it's not my usual type but it was one of those inexplicable,
    smitten-at-first sniff things.

Tonight will break out my precious Tabac Blond sample (thank you basenoter!) and join in the Caron-a-thon!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

WOMANITY

Unfortunately, not a drop of Caron in my possession.
    I'm in French Lover/Bois D'Orage,Pierre Bourdon for Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I'm in good company, wearing Violette Precieuse, quadrupling with phthalo (on whom I can imagine VP is tragically beautiful owing to her dark hair and fair skin), the finely nose-cultured kumquat, and our resident quack-up Duc. The first few seconds of VP are just gorgeous before the anosmi-thief robs me of both the violet and iris aspects of this fragrance. Boo-hoo. Thereafter I can appreciate just a distant powdery aura. I'm also fresh from the shower where I bathed with a heart-shaped Caron soap — yet another souvenir of my stay with Brielle.

Yesterday's adventures were heartwarming (due to exceptionally fine companionship), educational and mind expanding. Must admit that the wet world has remained largely invisible to me as I've concentrated in learning the language of the land.

My dearest friends, Nancy and Jim, have raised a simply sterling son who is director of giving for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and a wonderful dad to the children pictured. In his job, Chris usually arranges tours for philanthropic types to see how their donations help (or could help) fund important education and research projects. Although our motley crew had nothing more to give than rapt attention, we got the VIP treatment.

ABOVE: The Neeskay (means pure, clean water in Ho-Chunk) research vessel for the Great Lakes Water Institute. BELOW: A diver shows us the invasive Zebra Mussels which will attach to any hard surface under water.

BELOW: After visiting GLWI and having lunch at a dockside eatery, we visited a new enterprise called Sweetwater Organics. Here is lettuce feeding hydroponically on the fishy water circulating through a closed system with tilapia. In the year to come, Sweetwater expects to open a market where shoppers can visit year round, with a twice-a-week fresh fish market.
    While we were at Sweetwater, the local PBS affiliate was recording a segment and asked whether we minded being included in their footage. Heck no!
    Last edited by Quarry; 20th August 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Verte Violette by L' Artisan Parfumeur (from a sample - thanks ubuandibeme)

Nice and polite - Jo Malone-ish. Absolutely no sillage or longevity though. My 'green' threshold is a bit higher these days and this aint no No. 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Morning all ! Caron 's Tabac Blond for me - divinely rich and naughty . I'm a bad ass girl today !
    Me too, me too! I'm glad I saw your fb post, or else I never would have known! Not that I have a problem wearing this one, anyway...

Although Raindropsparkle, Lilybelle, and Evangeline are mighty tempting in Infini.... Did I mention how delicious it smells in here? I Caron!

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Thanks to the discussion on Coco Chanel's birthday yesterday, I am wearing

CHANEL 22

From Wiki:
    Top note is aldehyde
    Middle notes of jasmine, tuberose, ylang-ylang, and rose.
    Base notes include vetiver, vanilla, and incense.

I have a small decant of this perfume which I have worn a couple of times with no success, i.e. I could barely smell it and wondered how much of this stuff you had apply before it made itself known.

There must have been something wrong with my nose - an hour after application this perfume is glorious. It is silky soft, smooth, white, bright, and incensey.

This is exquisite; so beautifully blended and well-behaved that it might be just too prim to suit me altogether, but I'm delighted to discover this beauty from scratch today.

I thoughtb Chanel No. 19 was made for her birthday, but I may be wrong.

Today, this is the scent for me.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

My husband and I have joined Roberto and Joe P in Caron's Pour un Homme. I spritzed us both with a lavish hand. Yum! :-)

Blog Entries

S.O.T.D Guerlian Mitsouko

[IMG][/IMG]

An epic tale in minimalistic detail with
    clean sinuous lines reminiscent of Art
    nouveau made from an Occidental point of view of an Shinto temples of the island
    of Japan and an austere elegance.

the note of Oakmoss predominates much of
    this scent drying in the sun with a gentil breeze dries to a suble orange note and with sweet peach that is not cloy to your
    senses.

next Delicate white roses blooms in a
    simplistic Garden pathway where a Geisha
    with her modest aura plucks an rose and
    smells it gentily when the night falls
    the scent of night jasmine roams the nocturnal sky and the nuances of Ginger
    spices and cinnamon make this complete.
    every fragrance tells a story or conjoures feelings or images

For me Mitsouko conjoures feeling of wistfulness and melancholia like star-crossed lovers from two different worlds
    ala Sayonara with Marlon Brando a romance between an american air force
    Major and an Japanese entertainer forbidden by both sides with tragic results Madame Butterfly with an american admiral and his Japanese Paramour or an small shrine silhouetted
    in the center of an island on the Rising
    sun dedicated to Amaterasu Goddess of the sun and the smoke of sandalwood incense dances to the heavens.

Mitsouko can be spiritual wistful calm
    simple distant aristocratic distant and
    Melancholy.

I'm doing my Caron day in Yatagan so far... a vintage version that is less "harsh celery-salty" than the new formulation. Only one comment about it at work (which was called off early due to a fiberoptic cable cut) and it was "something kinda smells like bug spray." (heh.)

And (edit time) Quarry HOW NEAT! I definitely need to check out that project you visited (at least on the interwebs.)

So I'm scent twins with kbe today! Had to happen sooner or later!

And C Rose you get "best artistic use of bubble wrap" for your new purchase pic! (that's about when I usually put on mine, before I've even got 'em a yard away from the box!)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 20th August 2010 at 06:16 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

C Rose -- Fantastic photo. I thought it so beautifully hypnotic that I failed to recognize the bubble wrap until A-luna just called attention to it.

30 Roses, we anxiously await your Aedes sniff report.

Evangeline -- You ARE marrying a stinkeroo, toying with you the way he did.

Weimar -- That's one rockin' ad. The sort I would choose if I were involved in the production process. Thanks for sharing.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Blog Entries

I did the wrighting but i fond the the ad surfing the nettie

I almost forgot the Caron thing, so i am changing now to one arm of PH and the other with Nocturnes. (both vintage)

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD Friday 20 August 2010

Cologne du 68 by Guerlain.................day

Mitsouko by Geurlain.........................after 5.

Scent twins with Kiliwia in Caron Nuit de Noel.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Quarry, you're too sweet, and your adventures look amazing - can't wait to see you starring on PBS!!

Beige de Chanel, still synchronizing with some of us. Wish someone synchronized with me in Patou yesterday -- please mark your calendars, there is always next year -- once again Jean Patou and Mlle Coco are BOTH born on August 19 (JP is three years younger, if memory serves).

E., your future hubby is a keeper. Gotta get used to his style surprises -- those are normally the best. (Here we go again, please define "normal"?) Nice poster for Infini, too!

W., wonderful Mitsouko ad, thanks for posting it.

Miss Tao wrote to me, upbeat as always, can't but love her. She is preparing for a trip and will leave this Sunday.

Will probably go with the bad girls for tonight -- in Tabac Blond. Thought I loved Sacre but musks did their "musky" thing and I had to bid adieu to Sacre, albeight still mesmerized by its incense and roses. My (formerly Tinker's) Montaigne lives in Europe now, Nocturnes lives in California and so do both Aimez-Moi and Acaciosa, all at different zip codes though. Hope they are bringing joy to their current wearers.
    Last edited by Twolf; 20th August 2010 at 07:50 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Happy House of Caron Synchro-day to all who are partaking.
    I feel lucky I ever found this house, by chance, some 30 years ago on a visit to the Big Apple. It seems harder and harder to find stores who even carry the line anymore.
    Anyway, I'm representing Maison C this afternoon in the original splendid version of "Royal Bain de Champagne".
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    E., your future hubby is a keeper. Gotta get used to his style surprises -- those are normally the best. (Here we go again, please define "normal"?) Nice poster for Infini, too!

Miss Tao wrote to me, upbeat as always, can't but love her. She is preparing for a trip and will leave this Sunday.
    Yeah, I thought I'd keep him at least long enough for a bit of wedding cake - lol! He was right to teach me a lesson - I deserved and needed it! And it was quite a surprise in the end, just how he planned it! Btw, I had intended to wear Patou For Ever as my sote, but I found myself in Une Rose 'til my morning shower!

Please give LadyTao my best-dressed wishes!

Quarry - stinkeroo is right! Even though he was fully justified, I can't help but ponder a bit of sweet revenge...muahaha!

eta my sote - I'm in Magnolia Nobile.....boy-o-boy am I feeling pampered these days!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 20th August 2010 at 11:00 PM.

Wore Farnesiana today for the last (whew) fitting with my bridezilla and a quick breakfast in NYC. Had to rush home so no trip to the perfume stores...next time.

Think I'll go with Yatagan for evening.

French Cancan - Caron for the evening.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ungaro II tonight

Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I'm scent quadruplets with Raindropsparkle,Lillybelle,and Evangeline in Caron's Infini .
    I have two minis one wasn't labeled as to concentration (probably edt) and I applied that to my wrists first added the perfume -much better. Very soapy aldehyde opening but a lovely rich drydown .

This afternoon I'm trying to get to the point that I actually LIKE Caron Fleurs de Rocaille (vintage EDT)... I've tried it a few times and must admit that the initial reaction is watering eyes and "eek...too much with the aldehydes and too soapy, already!"...

I'll persevere and wait for the drydown... at least for a little while... before I scrub this one. There must be a time/season/mood that FdR fits!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Sur la Plage

My SOTE is Marc Jacobs Gardenia.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

No Caron in my scent wardrobe **sobs** so I went with one of my faves, Rose d'Ete
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.