Code of Conduct

Default For Leather Lovers: mona di orio cuir

Received an email this morning from luckyscent and this was the one that caught my eye, I think a sample will most definitely be in order.

"Rarely do leather scents come across our path that put us in a state of delightful shock. Opening with a whiff of Gauloise-like smoke it quickly becomes toasted spices and sweet absinthe before the appearance of the leather. Neatly straddling the line between biker and Birkin bag, the leather is almost carnal in its depth. In these days of anodyne scents and trans-fat free lives this is a welcome walk on the wild side that on a man would be wonderful. On a woman? The only way to put it: Cuir is ruthlessly chic. "... from the luckyscent.com website

Cuir Notes
    Cardamom, Absinth, Leather, Cade, Resinoid Opoponax, Castoreum

Default Re: For Leather Lovers: mona di orio cuir

Ive just ordered samples from the collection , looking forward to trying them out

i hated the musc, but found this one to be really nice...its leather with spicy sweet notes...very different
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I like leathers but not the smokey leathers. Lonestar Memories, with its "cowboy campfire/barbecue grill" accord did not sit wel with me at all. I am more inclined to Bel Ami, Cuir Ottoman, Balmain de Balmain, Chanel Cuir de Russie and Derby.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Lucky Scent have very good copywriters. "Ruthlessly chic".

If you have ever had to walk through a house fire, still wet from the fireman's water hoses, that is the opening smell that you get with this. I have to give then credit for something absolutely unique, but very strange to say the least. I've never smelled any leather in this, but I have washed it off twice (after about 30 minutes) when I put on the sample before. I just applied it again and after an hour I still just have the wet fire smell. I'll let it dry down all the way, but the opening is probably a deal breaker considering I was just wanting a great leather smell.

the opening few minutes of this scent are very much like wet, spent cigarettes. it's almost filthy in that accord... yet strangely, I want a bottle of this. it is completely unlike anything else I've ever encountered. where Tauer's smoky accord is sweetened and strong, it is much more civilized than this. Cuir is like an unwashed, lifetime-chainsmoking madman in a bespoke tuxedo. where I said it was filthy... it is a fine line between the wanton and the exquisite.

longevity is rather durable, also... as it settles down after about 3o minutes or so.

this is the first Mona di Orio I've ever smelled but it REALLY makes me want to know more....