Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Have you ever been surprised by your own cologne/perfume?

I'm new to the scent scene but this probably happens to veterans too.........you have a new scent on you and you register the opening notes in your brain when you apply the scent at first.

Then later on in the day you catch a whiff of something really good, but different from what you believe your cologne/scent smells like.

I got this pleasant surprise from Ferrari (yellow) the other day. First time I wore it outside in the breeze it totally smelled different than my initial sampling.

Default Re: Have you ever been surprised by your own cologne/perfume?

Yeah, I have noticed that walking in a breezy location gives you a new perspective. I think this is one way to judge sillage, the kind of impression you are giving to those around you.

Hmm, I'm yet to have that experience with something I'm familiar with. I sometimes have it with A men pure malt; most of the time it's just a light version of A men, but every now and then the booze kicks in.

Maybe I need to try more Niche fragrances to get more surprised by drydowns.

well....im into a lot of fresh fragrances...

Recently...i was going out for dinner with some of my friends.....and one of them was smelling SOOO good...a very fruity fresh kind of smell..and i complimented him that he was smelling really good.... and i asked him which cologne he was wearing..he said "GIORGIO Armani Aqua DI GIO! " ...i was shocked !!!...coz ive been wearing the same aqua di gio cologne for almost a year and been a fan of its smell....and i still couldnt recognize the smell!!...because it smells different when i smell it myself, but it smelled way so differently on my friend / stranger!!! ....it was a good experience for me

Many times, in fact, whether I owned them or not, whether I just tested them or continually worn them, I discovered, that in relation to this question, there are fairly linear (pretty much unsurprising) ones and "constantly evolving ones", the latter category including scent which always smell slightly different, slightly new and slightly creative whenever I re-apply them. The latter category includes, to my nose: Ungaro III, Esencia Loewe, YSL Opium Eau d'Orient, Santos de Cartier, Knize Ten and many more

I get this big time with Himalaya, after about 4 hours the flowers dry off and you get this rich fluffy peppery spicy beautiful scent, it is absolutely incredible. I actually much preffer the drydown of Himalaya over the initial few hours, the beginning is nice with Himalaya, but it is nothing compared to the drydown, especially on a hot day.

Depends on weather, humidity, other 'odors' in the air and of course body chemistry.

Often times when you smell something different than what you thought, it is because something else has combined with it. Your friends case could be the di Gio reacting with someone else's cologne.

Try blending. Dab 2 different colognes on your wrist and swirl your wris in a circular motion. You will be pleasantly suprised most times.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

When I wear The Dreamer by Versace this happens to me. When I first apply, I smell like a cross between some minty toothpaste and an unlit cigar, later I smell COMPLETELY different! I love catching a whiff of myself

I Also get this with Green Valley, smells great out of the bottle it really does. But when I catch a whiff of myself, I smell a warm, fuzzy, apple like aroma. The apple is not in the initial application, not sure if anyone else gets this either, it's wonderful though!

Not really.

No.