Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Do B'noters think that melon and cucumber scents or scented body washes are feminiine?

Hi folks, it's me again, I was looking at Bath and Body's melon cucumber edt.

What are your thoughts on men using melon/cucumber body washes or such items?

Thanks.
    Last edited by odioustoilet; 21st August 2010 at 01:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do B'noters think that melon and cucumber scents or scented body washes are feminiine?

I don't think that cucumber and melon scents are strictly for women. Just to give examples, Millesime Imperial smells like Melon and works wonders for men. Wall Street by Bond no. 9 has cucumber and it's amazing!

Default Re: Do B'noters think that melon and cucumber scents or scented body washes are feminiine?

I've used their melon/cucumber body wash, it smells really good, and it works well when layered with a melon or aquatic EDT.

Polo Blue has cucumber, and is by no means feminine to my nose.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely not

Post Thanks / Like

This B'noter doesn't.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Post Thanks / Like

odioustoilet . . . . THIS is basenotes. No one is going to judge your taste
    (we might beat up on you a little but that's about it) - if you like it do what YOU do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I don't think that cucumber and melon scents are strictly for women. Just to give examples, Millesime Imperial smells like Melon and works wonders for men. Wall Street by Bond no. 9 has cucumber and it's amazing!
    Perfect. I was thinking of how those two scents would be complimented by those body washes.

Post Thanks / Like

What do the Antarctica ladies say about propriety of melon can cucumber notes, OdiousToilet? What scent do you wear when you go the the social dances at the former-Soviet Union bases?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Perfectly fine for men to use Cucumber Melon! Really, I don't find the B&BW shower gels last on the skin beyond the shower, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    What do the Antarctica ladies say about propriety of melon can cucumber notes, OdiousToilet? What scent do you wear when you go the the social dances at the former-Soviet Union bases?
    We dress up as emporer penguins and drink vodka.......melon flavored vodka!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    We dress up as emporer penguins and drink vodka.......melon flavored vodka!!
    Wow, that's what I wanted to hear! That's the life for sure! I've always liked scientific ladies too.

Cool, OT. Thanks.

The notes themselves don't strike me as being particularly feminine (although the watermelon leans that way). I would be more concerned about any floral or powdery notes included that may feminize the main one.
    Last edited by Sensual; 21st August 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Lots of people get cucumber and melon in -for example- AdG, which is "the men's cologne" nowadays...

on the original question: this basenoter doesn't think those notes on scented body washes or scents are feminine.

some might think cucumber as masculine and other melons as feminine, but then that's something else entirely.

In a word, No.

If you like it and suit it whatever, the scent does not care what sex you are, leave that to societal pressure. But what do I know my tastes are well dodgy.

Ho - hum

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily.

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all! I think BBW products are great for layering under a more "serious" fragrance. A body lotion scented like a particular note in a fragrance you wear will play up that note. Body wash doesn't leave much scent on your skin but will make your bathroom smell great!