Code of Conduct

Exclamation Need Help Finding Suppliers

Hey Everyone!

I'm having trouble sourcing an affordable and trustworthy supplier of perfumery ingredients. I just need like 5-30grams for each ingredient. So far, I've placed an order with perfumersworld.com and they haven't even given me an invoice with all the ingredients I've ordered so I opted out from making a purchase with them.

Any suggestions?

And, I need help sourcing a tola bottle supplier or manufacturer. These bottles are really hard to come by with quality. I've stored some of the best in my home just to collect them for future reference.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by socalwoman; 21st August 2010 at 08:48 PM.
    http://oliveaura.wordpress.com

Default Re: Need Help Finding Suppliers

The best strategy is to Google essential oils, aroma chemicals, perfume bottles, etc. - whatever you need. You will easily find what you're looking for.

You could also do a Basenotes search for this topic, which has been covered many times. Perhaps we need a sticky on the DIY forum listing vendors of raw materials and supplies. I would be willing to put one together, at least for sources in the US.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

Great idea, thank you! I'm willing to stick it!

That didn't sound right...
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Quote Originally Posted by RichFragrance View Post
    Hey Everyone!

I'm having trouble sourcing an affordable and trustworthy supplier of perfumery ingredients. I just need like 5-30grams for each ingredient. So far, I've placed an order with perfumersworld.com and they haven't even given me an invoice with all the ingredients I've ordered so I opted out from making a purchase with them.

Any suggestions?

And, I need help sourcing a tola bottle supplier or manufacturer. These bottles are really hard to come by with quality. I've stored some of the best in my home just to collect them for future reference.

Any suggestions?
    perfumersapprentice.com (decent selection of natural and synthetics)
    thegoodscentscompany.com (seems a little more expensive, but a huge selection of ingredients)

Socalwoman, I'll put together a sticky with a list of good suppliers along with some objective comments about each.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.